• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Intuition.. worries and fears. Same thing or different??

Icefire

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w5
Intuition.. worries and fears. Same thing or different?? EXPLAIN too me if they are different.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Worries and fears are not what describes intuition. They're more of markers.

Worries is about a problem not being looked deep enough. Fear is more about telling you what to watch for.

Seeing the difference between each emotion is powerful and quite harmful if used interchangeably.

Intuition is independent of feeling or thought. It just is.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Intuition doesn't necessarily apply to negative feelings. A person can also have a 'positive' intuition about something or someone.

By itself, intuition seems neutral. For example, I often rely on intuition when working with Reiki - it tells me whether one area needs more or less healing than another. It's not that I have any positive or negative emotions in this scenario, but that my intuition simply guides me.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
To me, my own intuition definitely is the catalyst for worry and anxiousness.

But therefor intuition isn't worry/fear by definition. Like morning star said : it can be very positive too.

[MENTION=31265]Icefire[/MENTION]: just wondering, why do you ask ? especially since you are not an intuitive type yourself...

Icefire

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w5
To me, my own intuition definitely is the catalyst for worry and anxiousness. But therefor intuition isn't worry/fear by definition. Like morning star said : it can be very positive too. [MENTION=31265]Icefire[/MENTION]: just wondering, why do you ask ? especially since you are not an intuitive type yourself...
Because in my survey I was 2% away from being intuitive. I often wonder why my test say I'm a S but non of the Isfp or esfp doesn't sound like me.
Example: when I go lay in bed trying to fall asleep i hear a noise, my gut tells me too go check it out, but I argue with myself bc this happens every other week an every time I have a gut feeling I go check it out and nothing there. If I don't go check it out i make myself sick thinking negative thoughts that someone is in my house. I always go look around my house to find the noise out, just to find nothing there. You would think after so many times I would learn too not worry about and forget it..
So the question on many of the test will a question like, do u make decisions based on past experiences or your gut? I will think about the question and say experiences bc I see the question as do u make decisions based on past mistakes, I think that's fairly human.

I was was at church one time an we had a visitor with a baby, we didn't have nursery bc we usually don't have kids in our church. My gut said go offer her to watch her child so she can enjoy the message. It was a clear gut feeling that this lady was stressed and needed a break from her baby. I ignored it and she got up to go to the bathroom with the baby. My gut feeling got stronger but I fought it in my head so much thinking (what if she is nursing her child an I go offer and walk in on it) I don't want to make her uncomfortable. My gut was so strong in convection it made me sick, so I got up and sure enough she was stand up trying to calm her child down in another room. I offered an she was extremely thankful and hated myself for not going sooner. I get many convictions like this.

When i I looked up the word sensible I described being of logic and wisdom. Yet almost all S types are focus on living in the here and now making the personality to look as if they are unfocused and living in the moment. Which is not true, I think a lot about the future but I also very much enjoy what is going on in that moment so if a question is asked I'll say I live in the moment. I struggle a lot with these questions as I want to put down both answers bc they both apply too me.

The S trait is badly looked as and needs a new description!!!

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Because in my survey I was 2% away from being intuitive. I often wonder why my test say I'm a S but non of the Isfp or esfp doesn't sound like me.

2% is understandably too small for any certainty about your type. I feel for you guys. My preferences are all like 60% or more, which always made me very confident about my own type.
I'm getting somewhat of an INFP vibe from you. Does that description fit you better perhaps ?

My gut was so strong in convection it made me sick, so I got up and sure enough she was stand up trying to calm her child down in another room. I offered an she was extremely thankful and hated myself for not going sooner. I get many convictions like this.

Aren't you a little harsh on yourself ? I mean : you did go to check on her eventually, while many other people would not have bothered in the first place. You should actually pat yourself on the back for that. She thanked you. And your gutfeeling proved to be right. Sounds like all good to me.
Good intuitive insights aren't exclusive to intuitive types.

If the MBTI test makes you doubt one particular letter : for instance ISFP vs INFP, you really need to take a look at the cognitive functions for these 2 types, cause you'll see that their function stack is totally different. This might give you more certainty/clarity.

BTW I like your signature quote. I wish I could apply it myself a bit more often :)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Welcome to the forum, [MENTION=31265]Icefire[/MENTION].

Totally agree that S descriptions are misleading. Frankly I don't like the terms "sensing" and "intuition" for those functions at all, because they're misleading as well. Having intuitions makes you human, it doesn't make you an N.

Also, in my moderator capacity, I just moved this thread to General Psychology. The Feedback subforum is typically about TypeC-specific feedback, as oppose to feedback on conversational topics.

cosmictone

Vagrant Terranaut
MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Example: when I go lay in bed trying to fall asleep i hear a noise, my gut tells me too go check it out, but I argue with myself bc this happens every other week an every time I have a gut feeling I go check it out and nothing there. If I don't go check it out i make myself sick thinking negative thoughts that someone is in my house. I always go look around my house to find the noise out, just to find nothing there. You would think after so many times I would learn too not worry about and forget it..
So the question on many of the test will a question like, do u make decisions based on past experiences or your gut? I will think about the question and say experiences bc I see the question as do u make decisions based on past mistakes, I think that's fairly human.

I was was at church one time an we had a visitor with a baby, we didn't have nursery bc we usually don't have kids in our church. My gut said go offer her to watch her child so she can enjoy the message. It was a clear gut feeling that this lady was stressed and needed a break from her baby. I ignored it and she got up to go to the bathroom with the baby. My gut feeling got stronger but I fought it in my head so much thinking (what if she is nursing her child an I go offer and walk in on it) I don't want to make her uncomfortable. My gut was so strong in convection it made me sick, so I got up and sure enough she was stand up trying to calm her child down in another room. I offered an she was extremely thankful and hated myself for not going sooner. I get many convictions like this.

When i I looked up the word sensible I described being of logic and wisdom. Yet almost all S types are focus on living in the here and now making the personality to look as if they are unfocused and living in the moment. Which is not true, I think a lot about the future but I also very much enjoy what is going on in that moment so if a question is asked I'll say I live in the moment. I struggle a lot with these questions as I want to put down both answers bc they both apply too me.

The S trait is badly looked as and needs a new description!!!

Yeah, "living in the moment" is a bad way to describe S. But I came to the realization that after narrowing down your preferences you can more or less just choose whatever type you like best. I struggled with looking for validation from tests but the truth is MBTI is a theory that can't be proven for a reason. I type as ISFP because when I'm not "thinking" (the term thinking is also misleading because I don't think logically about myself AT ALL, it's always about how I feel. It's still thinking though) I love looking at nature, listening to music, dancing, punching stuff, anything physically or sensually engaging. Sensory stimuli bring me outside my head. Period. I used to sleep with my window open in the dead of winter just to feel the breeze and hear the traffic. That would put me to sleep. Quiet my mind. I don't think about what can go wrong, what comes next, how I feel. I just feel. It's only when I'm introverted and feel strongly about something I start thinking about possibilities (and seeing shit in my mind's eye) and you sound the same way so I think ISFP is a good fit for you. And like you Ni causes me anxiety too but it can be helpful as well.