• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How the eff are you judgemental?

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't really seem it, but I'm judgmental of pretty much any trait.

I'm mostly judgmental of people who seem to be lacking in authenticity. I seem to go around town calling people out as fake or shallow, and if I see someone that way I give the air of me appearing to think I'm better than them... I alienate people this way, but that's okay. I don't want to be around them anyway.

Also, it's horrible of me, but I'm extremely judgmental of people who have traits of which I am envious. Likable, charismatic people with many friends who have their lives sorted out. Maybe I'm just intently looking for something to taint their seemingly perfect lives...

Lark

I dont think its a human flaw, I think judgements and judgementalism are fine, perhaps its an issue when you're judgementalism extends beyond imposing some sort of self-discipline upon yourself but even then I can think of reasons why judgementalism besides self-governing sorts is fine.

Like if you genuinely passed no judgement about anything then you'd be fine with rape, murder, child abuse, which is wrong, you'd be fine with all sorts of self or social harm, which is wrong, eventually tolerating those things would make life unlivable.

Lark

I don't really seem it, but I'm judgmental of pretty much any trait.

I'm mostly judgmental of people who seem to be lacking in authenticity. I seem to go around town calling people out as fake or shallow, and if I see someone that way I give the air of me appearing to think I'm better than them... I alienate people this way, but that's okay. I don't want to be around them anyway.

Also, it's horrible of me, but I'm extremely judgmental of people who have traits of which I am envious. Likable, charismatic people with many friends who have their lives sorted out. Maybe I'm just intently looking for something to taint their seemingly perfect lives...

The thing about moral judgements is its impossible to avoid making them, even if you say you do not approve judgementalism that is itself a judgement. Recognizing this is important and not mere sophistry or semantics and word games.

Its important to make the proper judgements and exercise the correct sort of judgementalism than try to avoid it altogether, how to decide what is correct judgement can be difficult but difficult is a different matter to impossible.

theablekingedgar

Permabanned
I believe everybody judges on some level. i think it's how we mesh and meld this and apply it accordingly.