• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If You Could?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd go back to various points in the past and abduct historical figures and then take them on a tour of a So Cal mall.

mooseantlers

Knobgoblin
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Oh absolutely the past! There is so much I want to change, strange you should make this thread as I just finished an amazing Stephen King book about time traveling!

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Future because I can't learn about that from history books.

Seeing my parents meet would be cool, but I'd rather see them grow up. I wouldn't only want to see them meet. Maybe witnessing a semi recent crime (where the person suspects would still be alive) so I could tell the truth. But I doubt anyone would believe me so maybe not.

I wouldn't want to participate because I would be too afraid of messing things up.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't wanna travel through time, I'd wanna stay right here in my time where I belong. If I went to the past I might fuck something up and if I went to the future I wouldn't be the same in the present anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd go back to various points in the past and abduct historical figures and then take them on a tour of a So Cal mall.

Sounds like you're have an excellent adventure.

Lark

I'd travel to the future.

I'd not travel to my own past to witness anything I did, I havent decided what else I'd want to see though.

mooseantlers

Knobgoblin
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Although I'd only change things from the past if I had the option to reset if after returning to the present, I did not like the results of the change.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
1) Would you travel to the past or the future?

2) If you could only travel to the past, what past event would you choose to witness? Your birth? Seeing your Grandparent's meet? The trial of Galileo? The Beatles performing? ANYthing your heart desires.

1.The future for sure.

But I would go at least few billion years into the future. I am more interested in "how it all ends" perspective than any specific point along the way.

2. For the past I would choose something dramatic, such as major asteroid impact(s). (in the case I can observe from space)

If you have time travel ability I see no point in settling with little things.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wanna see the future. it doesn't matter to me how far ahead, 10 years from now, 1,000 years from now, I want to see how things turn out whether I'll be around to eventually see them with time travel or not.

but, if I were to go to the past, it wouldn't matter much to me either exactly where I went. I mean, I wouldn't want to be hanging around in the middle of the Black Plague, but it would be interesting to see how same/different things were back in any given time period compared to now.

or, I'd go into my past and fix shit that I personally did (probably just embarrassing moments so I don't feel like I'm getting sucked into a black hole whenever I remember them honestly)

Cowardly

deactivated
The past. The future is potentially catastrophic, and using time travel to get rich is a terrible waste.

2) If you could only travel to the past, what past event would you choose to witness? Your birth? Seeing your Grandparent's meet? The trial of Galileo? The Beatles performing? ANYthing your heart desires.
I wouldn't choose any event in particular. Instead I would choose to visit the city of Alexandria in its heyday. It's always fascinated me.

I'd also want to visit the Hanging Gardens of Babylon. Or have a conversation with Tesla.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The future, to some point considerably beyond my projected lifespan so there would be no chance of disastrous spoilers to come back and worry about. Not to see anything in particular, but just to explore for a while.

It would also be incredibly tempting to meet my young adolescent past self and railgun them with the things I know today, guide them to become a better and stronger person before the problems they were just beginning to experience became engrained.

To alter larger things in the past, like historical events, I don't think I'd have any more influence if I went back there than I do now, unless I stayed and worked my way up to it just like anybody else. Quite possibly I'd have it even harder than natives of the time would, as I'd be coming in as an outsider. Connections are important, as is the trust of others if you want access to much of anything big.

Narrowing my focus here to my own self and family seemed self-involved at first, but maybe it's the best I could do.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I would travel to 1945 or anything just after WWII. In my humble opinion the best time to be alive (1945 to late eighties) for various reasons, fewer people, being the most important one. I hate how every place has gotten so crowded when I compare it to my youth (eighties). Life seemed so much slower.

Event : Woodstock

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I could somehow time travel as an incorporeal presence, I would go far enough back in time to witness the beginning of the universe (assuming it had a beginning), then fast-forward to when the Earth was newly formed. I would then make stops every 200 million years so I could see how the planet's features and lifeforms changed over time and how close it is to the currently proposed geological history of Earth. (Microscopic vision would come in handy for this, but that's probably not part of the deal.) I'm also curious about how humanity will go extinct, what the planet will be like in the distant future after our extinction, and what it will look like when the sun becomes a red giant and vaporizes Earth, but seeing Earth at a very young age interests me even more because watching it develop and seeing its lifeforms go from simple to complex would be more interesting to me than watching its inevitable end.

If I’m confined to my fragile mortal body in this scenario, I wouldn't be able to go any farther back than the Cambrian period, so I would instead opt to travel to the year 2216 to check in on humanity and see all the knowledge we've gained since now, as well as which problems have remained, gotten worse, or been solved. That way I could better know how to do my part to prevent life on Earth from being worse for future generations, as well as educate others on how to do so. (Hopefully I won't be poisoned by nuclear radiation or something immediately upon arrival to the future.)

VeniVidiVertigo

MBTI Type
Entj
Enneagram
3w4
I would bring a Europe CD and sound equipment, travel to Germany the day before the Nurenberg rally. Hit hitler in the head, gag him and put him in the closet. comb my hair over and stash up. rehearse my act. Get on the stage as the fuhrer and perform my magic tricks to "The Final countdown". Crowd goes ballistic. Thank you, thank you.

VeniVidiVertigo

MBTI Type
Entj
Enneagram
3w4
No, but i think i would travel to the past. To a time where there was still continents to explore. Or to the future if it's anything like star treck, again to explore :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh the past for sure. I've always wanted to time travel to the past. I want to see all sorts of things from the Middle Ages forward, though I really am interested in the 19th and early 20th century. There are people I would like to meet, like Henry Miller or Zelda Fitzgerald. I would like to see Tolstoy's golden Era of Russia, before the Bolshevik Revolution, I'd like to see England when it still had fairy tale forests, I would like to see the US in the 20s, there's also things in the 60s, 70s and early 80s I'd like to see, but honestly I see at least a century ago being more desirable.

mooseantlers

Knobgoblin
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Oh the past for sure. I've always wanted to time travel to the past. I want to see all sorts of things from the Middle Ages forward, though I really am interested in the 19th and early 20th century. There are people I would like to meet, like Henry Miller or Zelda Fitzgerald. I would like to see Tolstoy's golden Era of Russia, before the Bolshevik Revolution, I'd like to see England when it still had fairy tale forests, I would like to see the US in the 20s, there's also things in the 60s, 70s and early 80s I'd like to see, but honestly I see at least a century ago being more desirable.

I'd go back to the 50's for the sole purpose of ripping around in a car from that era, I love driving so much, I swear I was born 20 years too late, with technology moving towards self driving cars these days, I just hope it doesn't mess up my career plans or I'd want to travel backwards even more!

Mole

Permabanned
Travel in time:

We are all travelling into the future, and according to Relativity, how fast we travel into the future depends on our velocity, the faster we move, the faster we travel into the future.

Fortunately entropy stops us from travelling into the past and so we avoid the paradoxes of travelling into the past.

So travelling into the past is a fantasy, and our fantasy tells us more about ourselves than about the past.

And interestingly our desire for fantasy tells us a lot about ourselves. The fantasy of astrology tells us about ourselves, the fantasy of mbti tells us about ourselves, and our intimate fantasies tells us about ourselves. Unfortunately we fantasise to avoid reality, so we don't really want to learn about ourselves.

So not only do we follow the manners and mores of the Americans, we are phonies just like the Americans. Each one of us has a phoney avatar, mine is Mole. I like to kid myself my phoney avatar is harmless, and it is true my phoney avatar doesn't hurt me physically, but my phoney avatar does hurt me psychologically.

So the question is: how can I emancipate myself from the American manners and mores?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So the question is: how can I emancipate myself from the American manners and mores?

Maybe it has to do with the fact that this forum is dominated by Americans, and yet you are constantly posting here. Perhaps you would pick up less American habits if you spent less time on the internet surrounded by Americans.