• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Strategic intelligence

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
That is not what I said.
It is just that I did not expect that the ENFJ will be the first to say "I liked this game".

There were experiments with different patterns but none fo that worked or had the real strategy feel as resource gathering.

Thinking about it, it's a good way to express and utilise thinking without it clashing in any way with feeling. I mean unless it's online.

Although I've played a large amount of strategy games over the years. But I've been unsuccessful in my attempts to distill that into something useful to apply in my life, possibly because of the separation above.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Thank you very much, you're Fi is legendary.
We'll keep in touch :)

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Many people do fit in your paradigm, but your ability to understand and express this is a testament to the resistance. Society is compromise, and the more intelligent people weighing on the side of harmlessness and growth, the further the median will shift.

Yes Opie, there's a wheel cycle tho
The world gets refreshed often, the same story with a newer style begin.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Thinking about it, it's a good way to express and utilise thinking without it clashing in any way with feeling. I mean unless it's online.

Although I've played a large amount of strategy games over the years. But I've been unsuccessful in my attempts to distill that into something useful to apply in my life, possibly because of the separation above.

I would dare to say that this quite depends on what you were playing and what difficulty. Over the years games bacame stupid and do not really require thinking anymore. When you play campaign they basically mark you all the targets and you just have to push the buttons. When you play multiplayer you basically play the same 10 maps over and over. Actually these are probably the main reasons why I have quit gaming completely. Back in a day they did not even give you a tutoral of the games basic functions and today they give you that and basically all the targets and even suggest the best types of units. Or in multiplayer they give of the best builds for each of the 10 maps. What means that the person that keeps doing this over and over probably becomes more and more unable to function normally. What is altogather why I have suggested and old game, it is simple so everyone can beat it but there are no guidelines.

Also it can depend at what age you started to play. If it is too late many things you could have learned in real life. The main reason why I am thinking about this is that I am from a country that had Communism and I am thinking of ways how to push people to start thinking on their own, before we collapse as a society. I am certain that I am living in a country where people in general clearly do not know how to make decisions and plans and that has to change no matter what. For example you can't have tax 110% and hope that this will work. However if you live in a classical capitalist country then I can clearly see why all of this would be nothing new.

However playing games can help you in indirect ways. For example it can help you to develope drive to succeed by convincing yourself that life is just type of a game. What allows you that you can engage your problems with same drive as if you were in a game. Also you can deconstruct yourself as a some character and see where your are better or worse. I mean where I live no one ever tested me for my strenght or career choice so I have sucked in many principles and ideas out of games to fill the hole. I have discovered Typology by pure accident on the internet and when I was already adult and therefore I am quite annoyed that no one ever tried to show me something like this, it would save me a lot of trouble.

Therefore living in different enviroment obviously reduces the importance of something like this in school I suppose.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From what I know the concept of strategic intelligence is not widely recognized and I trully think that the concept should be fully introduced and stand togather with music intelligence, physical intelligence, intrapersonal intelligence ... etc. The argument for this is that not matter how much you mix other types of intelligence there is no guarantees that a person will be good organizer in situations that are not overly familiar.

Strategic intelligence should be defined as a ability that complex and unfamiliar situations are resolved with results that are defined in the start or everybody agrees that results are good. As the number of people involved, techological features and potential pitfals rises but results remain good that much a person is skilled in strategic intelligence.

Kiersey explains four types of intelligence: Strategic (NT), Logistical (SJ), Diplomatic (NF), and Tactical (SP). The basic idea is that we each have a preference for those four in order. So, the order for NTs is first strategic, then diplomatic, then tactical, then logistical. For me, that's relatively true in that logistical is last though I would put tactical ahead of diplomatic.

He further defines it as follows: "The strategic intelligence of rationals (NTs) is shown in their ability to work with systems, that is to figure out complex ways and means to accomplish well-defined goals, whether as a Coordinator formulating complex orders, or as an Engineer constructing complex organizations".

An example (since you are an INTJ): "Masterminds (INTJs) are the masters of sequential order, that is, entailing successive operations in a complex project so that all probable contingencies are anticipated and all appropriate measures are taken to keep the project on course. INTJs see the whole picture with eagle-eyed clarity and when put in charge begin immediately formulating their strategies, arranging their priorities and making their flow charts in order to achieve their goals with a minimum waste of time and resources."

I think it's mostly right. The flowchart is more of a Ti thing but we do develop plans and all the rest of the stuff he says.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Alright then. start with me.
You can easily notice how young I am.
I'm chaotic. Just look at my other posts, filled with grammar mistakes, and my words so loud.
I could use a lighter, more effective way of making things happen without screaming or yelling.

Now teach me, with your strategies, make me your first student.

That seems inefficient. Based on what you've posted in this thread you'd make for a student requiring high output with minimal/low reward, 1 person. Doesn't pass cost/benefit analysis. You are not low hanging fruit as it were.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
That seems inefficient. Based on what you've posted in this thread you'd make for a student requiring high output with minimal/low reward, 1 person. Doesn't pass cost/benefit analysis. You are not low hanging fruit as it were.

The guy has is talking about strategies.
Strategies are efficient shortcuts.

You know nothing jon snow.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The guy has is talking about strategies.
Strategies are efficient shortcuts.

You know nothing jon snow.

Strategies are predefined plans. Has nothing to do with efficiency. It's about accomplishing a goal through a predefined path. It may be inefficient, it may not even work that great, but it's a strategy.

We must first know the goal, what your good at, what your not, what do you enioy, etc.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Kiersey explains four types of intelligence: Strategic (NT), Logistical (SJ), Diplomatic (NF), and Tactical (SP). The basic idea is that we each have a preference for those four in order. So, the order for NTs is first strategic, then diplomatic, then tactical, then logistical. For me, that's relatively true in that logistical is last though I would put tactical ahead of diplomatic.

He further defines it as follows: "The strategic intelligence of rationals (NTs) is shown in their ability to work with systems, that is to figure out complex ways and means to accomplish well-defined goals, whether as a Coordinator formulating complex orders, or as an Engineer constructing complex organizations".

An example (since you are an INTJ): "Masterminds (INTJs) are the masters of sequential order, that is, entailing successive operations in a complex project so that all probable contingencies are anticipated and all appropriate measures are taken to keep the project on course. INTJs see the whole picture with eagle-eyed clarity and when put in charge begin immediately formulating their strategies, arranging their priorities and making their flow charts in order to achieve their goals with a minimum waste of time and resources."

I think it's mostly right. The flowchart is more of a Ti thing but we do develop plans and all the rest of the stuff he says.

I can't stand flow charts. It is to high level to actually use in practice. It's good for an idea, but I don't want to be stuck to a plan. I enjoy being knowledgable enough to adapt to anything. Not follow a predefined flow or path. Flow charts are not a Ti thing.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
That is a bald faced lie Ms. Ygritte. I have pie and EVERYONE knows that pie > cake because the cake is a LIE.

i kno no ly tho
wanna eat a py? wil shwt a rabt for ya
Strategies are predefined plans. Has nothing to do with efficiency. It's about accomplishing a goal through a predefined path. It may be inefficient, it may not even work that great, but it's a strategy.

We must first know the goal, what your good at, what your not, what do you enioy, etc.

plans, baby, are organization, an order to reach a state. achieve a goal or whatever the purpose is. (theory)
right, it's the application of a purpose.
A good plan has contains many strategies.
Strategies are the tools to create a suitable plan.

A good plan is effective.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i kno no ly tho
wanna eat a py? wil shwt a rabt for ya

plans, baby, are organization, an order to reach a state. achieve a goal or whatever the purpose is. (theory)
right, it's the application of a purpose.
A good plan has contains many strategies.
Strategies are the tools to create a suitable plan.

A good plan is effective.

I am not a planner, I am crazy effective though ;)

I don't set specific goals, yet I continue in the direction I want.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I am not a planner, I am crazy effective though ;)

I don't set specific goals, yet I continue in the direction I want.

goals to reach or dreams to come true.
It can be an honorable service or an evil revenge.

There are many ways to be effective.
You can't debate me on something I've never said, like strategies or plans are the only effective things.
It's a style the brain uses to work with, just like how some people are left handed while others are right handed.
They both can write.

You seem like a 'P'. You adapt things, the most possibilities you calculate the moment before you take a decision based on the most informations you've gathered about a specific case can make you most effective. We judgers need plans, you need a fresh brain then.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
goals to reach or dreams to come true.
It can be an honorable service or an evil revenge.

There are many ways to be effective.
You can't debate me on something I've never said, like strategies or plans are the only effective things.
It's a style the brain uses to work with, just like how some people are left handed while others are right handed.
They both can write.

You seem like a 'P'. You adapt things, the most possibilities you calculate the moment before you take a decision based on the most informations you've gathered about a specific case can make you most effective. We judgers need plans, you need a fresh brain then.

Yes, I am one of those, my first actions are to learn how things work, respond, etc. I then play by ear.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

What do you think about people's capacity to develop strategic skills and critical thinking?

Is it possible that many people are simply unable to develop in those areas due to their disposition (informed by genetic licence)?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
What do you think about people's capacity to develop strategic skills and critical thinking?

Is it possible that many people are simply unable to develop in those areas due to their disposition (informed by genetic licence)?

I would say that practically any human has the capacity to devlope this set of skills, but not all have the same upper limit for how much they can develope them. Also there is the question of life experiences and education that can totally push the the issue to extremes. The fact is that skills that are mostly being developed are the ones that are needed/required. What means that the main flaw of typical totalitarian system is that its creates set of values that should be respected at all cost but on the other hand they reduce the ability of their own people to solve problems. What usually leads to poverty, what generally leads to violence and that leads to crash of the system.

Therefore it you have somewhat normal/balanced system everyone can develope some degree of problem solving skills. (at least that is my opinion)