• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

you know how they say living in the past causes depression living in the future cause

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
s anxiety? I was thinking about this, and I've come to the conclusion that this isn't always true, I'm constantly thinking about the future and I don't get anxious, and I simply use the past to learn from mistakes (my own and that of others). Living in the present gives me anxiety because I'm not planning for the future, and yes the future rarely works out the way we want, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be dumb nuts and only worry about today. Because if we don't plan the future, the future is going to be worse, we can predict what's going to happen in the future. we can take steps to soften what bad is gong to be in the future. I've often been right wiith my predictions, which is one of the reasons I think one day I might be a prophet. Although there's no real proof, yet of that.

Friendly Friend

The anxiety part of the saying probably only really applies to Ni/Se types :)

I think the first part applies to Si/Ne types more as well actually, they seem to have struggles with their past while Ni/Se types can more easily move forward.
The Si gets stuck on the past.

NK258

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
s anxiety? I was thinking about this, and I've come to the conclusion that this isn't always true, I'm constantly thinking about the future and I don't get anxious, and I simply use the past to learn from mistakes (my own and that of others). Living in the present gives me anxiety because I'm not planning for the future, and yes the future rarely works out the way we want, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be dumb nuts and only worry about today. Because if we don't plan the future, the future is going to be worse, we can predict what's going to happen in the future. we can take steps to soften what bad is gong to be in the future. I've often been right wiith my predictions, which is one of the reasons I think one day I might be a prophet. Although there's no real proof, yet of that.

you said not planning the future gives you anxiety. this is because you are living in the future (the unknown) which is causing your urge to plan it (so you know it). get comfortable with the unknown aspects of life. if only I knew then what I know now is a moot point and planning a future is not living in the current circumstances, aware there is an unknown element ahead. know what I mean? ...

NK258

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
also. I would consider reconsidering the prophet career path. prophets never have a happy ending. and there is no glory in playing the martyr. It's typically just passive aggressive time bombs clouded in caring anyways. :p. Maybe occupational therapy? It pays a lot better and you can help a large array of clients from the elderly to children. :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
also. I would consider reconsidering the prophet career path. prophets never have a happy ending. and there is no glory in playing the martyr. It's typically just passive aggressive time bombs clouded in caring anyways. :p. Maybe occupational therapy? It pays a lot better and you can help a large array of clients from the elderly to children. :)

you do realize that prophets don't choose to be prophets?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I lived in the past i would have to blow my brains out. I anxiously live in the future but try to live in the present.

G

Ginkgo

It seems like I'm at my best when I'm focused on "the next step"; it's like I'm right on the edge of the present moment.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
It seems like I'm at my best when I'm focused on "the next step"; it's like I'm right on the edge of the present moment.

I'm at my best when I'm thinking about my next step, and the bigger goal. My bigger goal is to move to Miami in a year and go to FIU and I'm focused on all the steps I need to take to do so. I do best when I have a plan, I don't function without a plan. I even plan my days and everything. and it's a tenative plan, as in I'm aware it might not work out.

G

Ginkgo

I'm at my best when I'm thinking about my next step, and the bigger goal. My bigger goal is to move to Miami in a year and go to FIU and I'm focused on all the steps I need to take to do so. I do best when I have a plan, I don't function without a plan. I even plan my days and everything. and it's a tenative plan, as in I'm aware it might not work out.

How would you respond if someone told you that wasn't indicative of an XXXP type?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
when I read the name of the thread the first thing that came on my mind was...anxiety. yeah I think living in the future causes that, no metter if you're Ni+Se or what ever type.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I was being facetious. I don't believe in prophets.

just because you don't believe doesn't make them less real

but if you don't want to believe that's fine (not passive agressive)

NK258

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
just because you don't believe doesn't make them less real

but if you don't want to believe that's fine (not passive agressive)

I wasn't thinking you were. And you're right. I'm not saying I know they don't exist. Just that I don't believe in them. Thus, I was being facetious and encouraging a more practical Solution for a career. :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I wasn't thinking you were. And you're right. I'm not saying I know they don't exist. Just that I don't believe in them. Thus, I was being facetious and encouraging a more practical Solution for a career. :)

well being a prophet wouldn't be my career, my career that i want is sociological research

NK258

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well being a prophet wouldn't be my career, my career that i want is sociological research

I think that sounds like a fabulous career option. :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I think that sounds like a fabulous career option. :)
I do aswell, that's why the university I want to go to is a research university with positions open for undergrads.

Ozones

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gist, that's why we call it the present.