• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Astrology - Are you a believer?

Do you believe in astrology?

• Yes

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 137 77.8%
  • I have no idea what it is? So I'm not sure.

Votes: 7 4.0%

• Total voters

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
Your views on Astrology?

I myself do believe in it; I won't depend my life on it, but I do 'believe' it. It's like me believing there is a 'God', but not being in a religion. BELIEVING MEANS ACKNOWLEDGING THE POSSIBILITY OF IT EXISTING.

I'm very interested in hearing your ideas about astrology. I'm okay at astrology now (I've been looking at it for 2 years; it's a time-waster hobby). So if you got any questions or anything..

I might as well post my natal chart here; if anyone is interested what it is, it is a chart made on the time of your birth. It looks into your personality; and that's one of the things that influenced me to be here on this forum. Where the planets are, and their aspects to each other, describes YOU. Each planet represents different aspects of life. You give an intepretation. There are of course lots of other charts, like Progressions and transits.

Of course, there is a lot of dislike for astrology; it's like psychiatry, and stuff like that. People think it's b*llshit. I think the bible is b*llshit, but not everyone agrees with me. It's like that :D.

Here's my natal chart.
picture.php

If anyone got any questions, I can perhaps answer; but mostly, I just want to see your views on astrology.

(I'm really sorry to start another thread. I'll stop now. Until the urge comes back. Hey, it's not my fault nobody starts these topics :cheese:)

I have always been interested in psychology and astrology and philosophy. I always stalk that area in the library, so I read a lot about it. I always thought that planets were special, though I have no idea why though.

If I looked at astrology realistically, I know that it is quite a delusional subject. But when the analysis comes back (from the chart), the similarity of how I know myself is startling. That's why I'm willing to 'believe' it, but not 'be' it. If you understand what I mean?

Last edited:

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
And I always thought a natal chart was something to do with pregnancy.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Can someone explain how when you were born affects your personality?
Also what are the planets doing to me?
Is newspaper astrology real astrology?

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
Can someone explain how when you were born affects your personality?
Also what are the planets doing to me?
Is newspaper astrology real astrology?
When you are born affects where your planets are in your natal chart; as you are viewing them from Earth. That in turn affects the 'intepretation' of your personality. That is why when you are born, it affects your personality. For example, 30 minutes earlier, the moon might have been in a completely different sign, meaning a completely different way of expressing emotions! It might also aspect other planets, and that might cause more harmony/conflict. Your time of birth affects everything, because a 'natal' (birth) chart is based on when you were born.

Your planets? Well it depends on your chart. If you can pop me your details of time of birth, place of birth, then I can make a natal chart for you. Or you can just go online and do it yourself. Each planet describes/has different characteristics. For example Venus represents love, etc; while Mars reflects ambition,etc. When different planets transit ('move') over planets of your natal chart, they create different effects.

For example (again) if Mars transited from your 2nd house (rules your possession, properties, money) to your 3rd house (rules communication, intelligence, short distance traveling) your drive/ambition will change according to each house represents. Same with the signs. If it was Venus, your love, appreciation of beauty will change accordingly. Or even your love focus, in a sense.

Newspaper astrology is 'astrology' but it is not accurate at all. AT ALL. Frankly, if I was reading it, I'd think it's BULLSHIT as well. It just deals with the Sun sign (Eg, Where your Sun resides through Aries - Pisces; that is based on your BIRTHDATE). In professional levels of astrology, many planets are considered. The planets include -
Sun, Moon, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, and various asteroids like Chiron, Eros, Lilith, etc.
Within the planets, they makes various aspects within the 360 degrees (AKA, a circle). These aspects have different effects, for example, a trine (which is 120 degrees) has a harmonious effect; it's as if the ability between these two planets is innate. A square (90 degrees) indicates great conflict between two planets. All aspects range from 0-180; because when it is larger, it is just viewed from the other side...

An example for the degrees; For example I have Jupiter placed 120 degrees away in the chart from Saturn. Jupiter rules growth, expansion, optimism while Saturn rules restriction, career, depression. When they are in trine, it's as if these two work together almost without trying; you focus on your duties really easily, and you easily work hard and LOVE it! Where as if they were in a square, then you'll have a lot of tension, maybe you escape from duties, or you just HATE work.

Now after aspects, you have where the planets and asteroids are PLACED in the chart, within the 12th houses and the 12th signs. Your Ascendant is the starting point, and the signs rotate in the order around the houses. Each house has a different area, and each sign has different characteristics.

You all might know the order of them.. Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces. These always go in that order, anti-clockwise.

Let me give you an example. If your ascendant is in GEMINI; then your first house cusp should be in GEMINI. Your second house would be in CANCER. Your twelth house in TAURUS. But sometimes you might live in extremist areas (like Iceland) and the cusps might be different. That's why you need the natal chart made.

The newspaper astrology just takes your Sun (where it is) then makes a general statement. That's why it is not accurate at all. It's a funny read, though I really wouldn't trust it. Sometimes other planets might overrule the Sun (they have more 'power' in the chart), so you might not feel the Sun as strongly.

If you wanna know more just ask :devil:!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i like astrology. i'm a cancer sun with aquarius moon, libra rising and a fire dragon...and knowing what all of those represent yeah i can see how it manifests in my personality.

Chloe

I'm very skeptical but am not dismissing it right away before I check it. I read somewhere (it wasnt reliable source, it was some forum) there is huge correlation between Enneagram and Astrology... Does anyone know something about that?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Absolutely believe in it, makes utter sense.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Astrology is all confirmation bias. The more I explore topics as hypnosis ad psychology, the more I see just how susceptible people are to what they are told without finding for themselves.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
No, but I'm curious about it. Can you tell me what this means?
showgif.cgi

Edit: drat! Image thingy doesn't seem to be working :(

link

Jaguar

I just recently spoke to a group of astronomers and asked them about astrology and they just laughed.

I don't care if you just spoke with Princess Diana's ghost.
My answer was correct. Your claim was not. Period.

We went through this months ago.
If you want to know who the astronomer is that believes in astrology,
you're just going to have to get up off your lazy butt and use the forum search function to find my post.

Until then, stop making claims that simply are not true.

Mole

Permabanned
And that group represents all the astronomers in the world.... is it?

The reason astronomers don't believe in astrology is that astronomers know by observation that modern astrologers have the astronomy factually wrong.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think astrology can be viewed similar to MBTI. It's a pathway to self-discovery, nothing more...nothing less.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Astrology is utter nonsense.