• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] Healthy and unhealthy 7s

Annaifiwas

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What are your thoughts on the theory that when unhealthy and/or stressed, 7s act like 1s, but when growing as persons, they move closer to type 5?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What are your thoughts on the theory that when unhealthy and/or stressed, 7s act like 1s, but when growing as persons, they move closer to type 5?

personally, I have experienced strong pulls from both at various levels of health. imo (and I've observed this in many types, not just 7), you exhibit the negative aspects of your connection points under stress and the positive aspects when in a healthier state, regardless of the direction of the arrows.

as for me under stress? I am a BITCH lmao. the hyper critical/moralistic bent of 1 + the avoidance/withdrawing from reality of 5 + the gluttony, entitlement, poor focus and general irresponsibility of 7 (I can also go surprisingly 9-ish and turn into a numb zombie who just wants to sit there and not have to even move).

when healthier, I'm extremely calm, and pull from the sense of responsibility and conviction of 1. similarly, 5 brings focus and an emphasis on building competence and long-term strategy.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As a 7 I grow healthy by expressing my analysing mind but staying present in the moment, relaxed, curious and witty, but also kind hearted.

No need to escape for greater or new pleasures. My Se is used without too much excess.

Self consciousness of my needs.

As I grow unhealthy I express terrible anger (direction towards type 1). I see the world as very boring, fake, and I may create conflicts not to get bored. This is in case of high stress (somebody "trapped me" or tries to control me). When some important values are neglected too (with people I normally try to avoid:mad:)

That rarely happens but it can happen .

Not to be mistaken with my 8 wing, a bit of "healthy anger" (rebellious strike) every day brings me the strength and courage I need to go on ;)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
personally, I have experienced strong pulls from both at various levels of health. imo (and I've observed this in many types, not just 7), you exhibit the negative aspects of your connection points under stress and the positive aspects when in a healthier state, regardless of the direction of the arrows.

as for me under stress? I am a BITCH lmao. the hyper critical/moralistic bent of 1 + the avoidance/withdrawing from reality of 5 + the gluttony, entitlement, poor focus and general irresponsibility of 7 (I can also go surprisingly 9-ish and turn into a numb zombie who just wants to sit there and not have to even move).

when healthier, I'm extremely calm, and pull from the sense of responsibility and conviction of 1. similarly, 5 brings focus and an emphasis on building competence and long-term strategy.

I'm actually a 5. was mistyped for a loooooooooong time, but this above post is still pretty accurate (I always make sure to base my observations off of multiple examples, otherwise I would have made an ass of myself with this post lol)