• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Why so many nines?

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7/9 combination is interesting to me. I almost wish I was more like 7 than 5 or 6 sometimes...but then again, I'm not one to be discontent with what I am / have*. The grass isn't greener on the other side, the left isn't better it's just different than the right, both have their pros and cons. Nevertheless, it's an interesting combination because they're positivity triad, I imagine 7+9 = chill af and not reactive whatsoever.

Edit:
*"I'm not one to be discontent with what I am / have"
...since I strive to become whatever I need to be and am able to see the good and bad in both, thus I accept my own battles. (I don't mean contentment as in complacency, in other words.)

Ya, I get ya. Sometimes I say I wish I could be this type or that, but in reality, all I want to do is just experience it for a moment to see what seeing the world through that perspective would be like and thus, how my thoughts and perceptions would change, even if just slightly. But no, I don’t ever truly wish I were some other type.

But ya, umm, 7 and 9...ya, I’m pretty much as you summed up “chill af and not reactive” hahaha. Could partly be due to the fact that I grew up in CA and at least where I grew up, there was generally a lot of chill. Nature vs nurture, whatever you believe, I’m sure that had an influence as well. I would also say I don’t, well it’s like SUPER rare, that I genuinely get pissed at someone or anything really. Anger is rather foreign to me. Frustration and confusion though...there’s a LOT of that going on haha, like “uhh...whhhyyy is this person doing this??” Sorta thing, like I rationally cannot understand why or how they’ve come to a conclusion or something. If anything, the strongest sense of disgust or like negativity I can feel (since anger isn’t really felt) is feeling trapped or tied down, emotionally speaking. One of the worst feelings I know of for me, and something I try to resolve ASAP, is whenever I feel myself starting to feel emotionally claustrophobic. Ugh...just thinking about that feel is giving me the creeps 😬

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ya, I get ya. Sometimes I say I wish I could be this type or that, but in reality, all I want to do is just experience it for a moment to see what seeing the world through that perspective would be like and thus, how my thoughts and perceptions would change, even if just slightly. But no, I don’t ever truly wish I were some other type.

But ya, umm, 7 and 9...ya, I’m pretty much as you summed up “chill af and not reactive” hahaha. Could partly be due to the fact that I grew up in CA and at least where I grew up, there was generally a lot of chill. Nature vs nurture, whatever you believe, I’m sure that had an influence as well. I would also say I don’t, well it’s like SUPER rare, that I genuinely get pissed at someone or anything really. Anger is rather foreign to me. Frustration and confusion though...there’s a LOT of that going on haha, like “uhh...whhhyyy is this person doing this??” Sorta thing, like I rationally cannot understand why or how they’ve come to a conclusion or something. If anything, the strongest sense of disgust or like negativity I can feel (since anger isn’t really felt) is feeling trapped or tied down, emotionally speaking. One of the worst feelings I know of for me, and something I try to resolve ASAP, is whenever I feel myself starting to feel emotionally claustrophobic. Ugh...just thinking about that feel is giving me the creeps 😬
:devil::devil:

Give me my buffets, my spa, and time to jack off and I’m happy. Nothing matters but my personal pleasure...I leave others alone—interacting with them as little as possible until I can seek comfort.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
7/9 combination is interesting to me. I almost wish I was more like 7 than 5 or 6 sometimes...but then again, I'm not one to be discontent with what I am / have*. The grass isn't greener on the other side, the left isn't better it's just different than the right, both have their pros and cons. Nevertheless, it's an interesting combination because they're positivity triad, I imagine 7+9 = chill af and not reactive whatsoever.

So much emotional disconnect and avoidance, it's ridiculous. It's normal for something terrible to happen to me and not feel anything about it until I suddenly have a random emotional breakdown weeks, months, or even years later, and then completely forget I felt anything about it again after I'm done in a couple hours. It's really weird.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
So a 974 would ignore, then try to escape, then dramatically moan in self-pity?

unknown.png

unknown.png

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I can't say that I noticed some special concentration of 9s. Which are one of the more common types actually from what I have seen.

yeghor

Is it just me or are there a shitload of nines on this site???

I haven't seen such a high concentration of them... well... ever... maybe I just didn't know how to look though.
Because I believe E9 corresponds to Si-dom in MBTI, and ISTJs and ISFJs make up 1/4th of the overall population roughly.