• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

This site made it on a blog post

Angry_Jerk

Noticing that your website is still active, how would you describe the pros and cons of maintaining a website over such a long amount of time?

Text-based rant sites are pretty much a thing of the past. Most have moved to YouTube and are making videos. I myself have the charisma of a potato, so I have no desire to go that route. I've given up and come back multiple times, I'm like the Brett Favre of internet ranting.

How knowledgeable are you in MBTI, enneagram, socionics, etc? With the pinkie promise that it's more than psuedo intellectual bullshit, would you ever consider looking deeper into it?

I've looked into it just a bit, it seems to me like any other psychological theory, just a guideline for defining personalities but nothing to place too much stock in.

The #ChangeTheChannel movement has prompted the internet to take a much more critical lens to the exaggerated angry reviewer archetype. What are your opinions of that specific controversy and the indirect implications it could have to your brand?

I'm sure quite a bit of those allegations against Channel Awesome were true, some were probably exaggerated, others were probably just stuff that was misunderstood. Seems to me though like Channel Awesome got too big for its britches and as a result became poorly managed, which led to many of the issues being brought forth. I don't know Doug or Rob in person, so I can't say if they're really bad people or not. Just makes me glad I never got that big.

I will gladly turn this into an AMA. My name's in blue text, I can do that.

Hahaha, go for it if you want. I almost feel like a celebrity.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Text-based rant sites are pretty much a thing of the past. Most have moved to YouTube and are making videos. I myself have the charisma of a potato, so I have no desire to go that route. I've given up and come back multiple times, I'm like the Brett Favre of internet ranting.

I've looked into it just a bit, it seems to me like any other psychological theory, just a guideline for defining personalities but nothing to place too much stock in.

I'm sure quite a bit of those allegations against Channel Awesome were true, some were probably exaggerated, others were probably just stuff that was misunderstood. Seems to me though like Channel Awesome got too big for its britches and as a result became poorly managed, which led to many of the issues being brought forth. I don't know Doug or Rob in person, so I can't say if they're really bad people or not. Just makes me glad I never got that big.

Hahaha, go for it if you want. I almost feel like a celebrity.

What is your test result?

Typology Central Jung Personality Test

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haha! I read your blog on the trolling this website part. I definitely loved you screened the posts.

Kind of refreshing to see a full fledged offensive post. I do sort of recognize Lady X

Angry_Jerk

Yeah, I don't know how many of those people if any are still here.

I know that at one point the article was the second result on Google for "Typology Central", and whenever your site went down I'd suddenly get an influx of traffic from people searching it on Google.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
If only it was even slightly funny. INTJs are good at recognizing humor, but I'm not too sure about making humor of their own.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I don't know how many of those people if any are still here. I know that at one point the article was the second result on Google for "Typology Central", and whenever your site went down I'd suddenly get an influx of traffic from people searching it on Google.
Back in the day, the site went down a lot

Angry_Jerk

If only it was even slightly funny. INTJs are good at recognizing humor, but I'm not too sure about making humor of their own.

Yeah, tbh I was young and stupid when I did it. Now I'm just stupid. Rereading it, it's not as funny as I originally thought it was.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, tbh I was young and stupid when I did it. Now I'm just stupid. Rereading it, it's not as funny as I originally thought it was.

Humor changes with age.

Also, I like youe profile picture. That was a good cartoon.