• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Katy Perry is a Complete Idiot

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:shrug:

The problem is her "let's all just love each other" type of statement. That's a sentiment I and most of Katy Perry's fans might agree with, but it will have zero effect on most ISIS fighters, because they are in a completely different worldview. An ISIS fighter wants love and peace, they just want it in heaven after gloriously blowing infidels to smithereens. So it's an empty sentiment and she winds up just preaching to the choir with it, and I think the video in the OP is right that it's a common response to violence generated by fear. It's a desperate response, IMO. We like to think statements like these originate from love, but I think they usually come from desperation and fear.

It also came across as a bit ingenuine to me. Compare to Rodney King's famous "can't we all just get along" if you want to see a genuine expression of a desire for peace and unity. Although I suppose we could make a case for that also being a product of fear.

Well there's not many instances in history where just saying let's be peaceful actually brought to lay their weapons down.. unless you're reading like some scriptural texts.

I think the "let's all get along" becomes genuine is when you live it and be a peacemaker not just only for worldly affairs but in your personal ones as well, while I don't doubt people like that exist, it's harder than not to come by in my belief. It's so easy just to shut people off being abused at work by the public and what not. Although not as hard if everyone is screaming your name and wanting to marry you... :wink:

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Well there's not many instances in history where just saying let's be peaceful actually brought to lay their weapons down.. unless you're reading like some scriptural texts.

I think the "let's all get along" becomes genuine is when you live it and be a peacemaker not just only for worldly affairs but in your personal ones as well, while I don't doubt people like that exist, it's harder than not to come by in my belief. It's so easy just to shut people off being abused at work by the public and what not. Although not as hard if everyone is screaming your name and wanting to marry you... :wink:

Well that's how Islam started. It was all 'lets be peaceful' then 'now that we've grown our numbers, massacred a few tribes and made their women our sex slaves, lets kill all infidels'. I'm simplifying but that's basically the prophet for dummies.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well that's how Islam started. It was all 'lets be peaceful' then 'now that we've grown our numbers, massacred a few tribes and made their women our sex slaves, lets kill all infidels'. I'm simplifying but that's basically the prophet for dummies.

It's all a ploy. We humans have never evolved after all. :p

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
miley-cyrus-23.png

Miley Cyrus kinda look like Justin Bieber - actually.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
It's all a ploy. We humans have never evolved after all. :p

Well not as much a ploy as a system that works, hence the reason why it survived and prospered.
Christianity started off as a slave religion in a time where slaves and ex slaves abounded - it would never have survived/prospered in the middle east once the more war like Islam started and owes it's success to its fit with the Roman Empire and its history. (plenty of conquered spaces full of slaves, cultural influence on Europe and the habit of the empire, during its expension to emancipate ex slaves and barbarians as to feed it's armies and limit rebelions in conquered territories)

rav3n

It's difficult to take either Watson or Perry seriously. Watson for failing the test of intellectual honesty, consistently applying tautological references to his strawmen arguments in order to burn down his target, never mind the hyperboles, and Perry for being an all around ditz.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
It's difficult to take either Watson or Perry seriously. Watson for failing the test of intellectual honesty, consistently applying tautological references to his strawmen arguments in order to burn down his target, never mind the hyperboles, and Perry for being an all around ditz.

Well if you are looking for poor rhetoric, you'll find no end in hollywood.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
miley-cyrus-23.png

Miley Cyrus kinda look like Justin Bieber - actually.
NO!

Okay, yeah.

Well not as much a ploy as a system that works, hence the reason why it survived and prospered.
Christianity started off as a slave religion in a time where slaves and ex slaves abounded - it would never have survived/prospered in the middle east once the more war like Islam started and owes it's success to its fit with the Roman Empire and its history. (plenty of conquered spaces full of slaves, cultural influence on Europe and the habit of the empire, during its expension to emancipate ex slaves and barbarians as to feed it's armies and limit rebelions in conquered territories)

Ugh war y do u appeal 2 base desires

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
you're on fire today

It's having the write the scripts for these vids. I never started posting politics on FB until recently, I wanted to make sure my opinions were good before I inflicted them on others. But I've been killing there as well.

Shit feels good man.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I feel like with Watson, I'd have to argue her into the ground before I fucked her, to really get all the enjoyment out of the act I could.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I dunno, I still see her as Hermione, so that'd just make it creepy and too weird for me.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry for ruining your hamster fetish

I'd rather fuck a hamster than Justin Bieber.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I dunno, I still see her as Hermione, so that'd just make it creepy and too weird for me.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd rather fuck a hamster than Justin Bieber.

I'm sure Justin will be heartbroken.