• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Well written television shows.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can not believe Gravity Falls is a children's TV show it's funny; Gravity Falls is comedy and was a great sitcom that wrapped itself and its story nicely. I cannot believe it was Disney though, but, yeah.
Also Rick and Morty; in fact, Gravity Falls is like Rick and Morty.

Set where The Simpsons is set (Oregon); with a Bart and Lisa like twin brother sister duo who are 12 but the boy is the brainy one, and the boy also looks a little like Marty McFly from Back to the Future (1985)..Gravity Falls is still fresh with its comedy; I say this is well written for having a plot and a story with twists and turns.

What TV shows do you think are well written and why and what do you think makes something well written, to you?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Better Call Saul
Empire
Documentary Now!
Silicone Valley
GoT
Veep
The Americans
Insecure (still newish but I loved the first season). Same for Westworld.

There are so many well written shows it's almost impossible to watch them all.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just found 'Family Tree' - a TV show by Christopher Guest written in his subtly hilarious signature mockumentary style.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
In Treatment: it's just 2 people talking and talking but it's rivetting if you are patient.
Brooklyn Bridge: early 90s show about a jewish family living in the 50s; some of the episodes are on youtube.
The Goldbergs: one of the few sitcoms that are actually funny. (It's so much better than BBT.)

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Goldbergs: one of the few sitcoms that are actually funny. (It's so much better than BBT.)

I decided to just now look into this, found it aired in my country (Channel 4 are showing it).. and thought 'This is funny' as I laughed at that Grampa at the wheel of the car and crashing it...
Thought 'cool' it's funny/set in the 1980s...
Then...
I just could not help but notice this and it killed it for me... Kinda..
But I made The Goldbergs (ABC) Modern Cars Background Fail