• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Art, Art...

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Pictures; paintings, sketches and photography by artists of different styles that you happen to like; statues/sculptures too... 'Art'

On my wall I have a cheap framed print of Van Gogh's Starry Night.
I have an unhung cheap reproduced printing of an excellent printing of Hokusai's 'The Great Wave of Kanagawa' stored away.

I like a lot of different art though, have plenty upon plenty of art books.

I'm not a big fan of too many older artists except for a select few, so I'll share some of my current favorite modern painters. They just so happen to be all female from the LA art scene, except for I think one from San Francisco.

Camille Rose Garcia

One of my all time favorites. Her work is incredible. It makes me think of old school comic book illustrations mixed with surrealism in a colorful, gothic flare. She even did a painting of David Bowie. Freaking jealous because it's waaaayyyyy better than mine.

a66e138343ff3d75893583bcb4bf930e.jpg

valerianfeverdream.1.jpg

camille_rose_garcia_revenge_of_lolita_phantasma_acrylic_an.jpg

Hannah Yata

One of the most amazing artists I've ever seen. Her technique is insane. She bases her work on the female body with nature aspects from tribal and other cultural influences.

ello-hdpi-8afabe12.jpg

f999394b6ada0916b980bd7d4fdde73e.jpg

_9012.jpg

Mia Araujo

She's influenced by surrealism and fantasy. Also paints mainly women.

86c79c7507e8e318cb0acf59adb01614.jpg

df72c2cd966de9fdbe35a163944d945f.jpg

Have to make a part 2 because I'm an art junkie and there's not enough space...

Charmaine Olivia

An artist based in San Francisco. She paints a lot of female "goddesses" in a very flowy, dream-like, psychedelic manner.

c2b454360afd1fc3477d77106b0a7114.jpg

Charmaine+Olivia+-+American+painter+-+Tutt'Art@+(36).jpg

My current avatar is also one of her paintings.

Natalia Fabia

She usually paints women dressed as hookers. I love her technique and attention to detail. It's all glittery, shimmery, and that form shadow is delicious. I want to eat it.

443220a9397e9a57c892029da71144d2.jpg

457e40c36e2ef5e0fcc43f74998bbe22.jpg

Korin Faught

She also paints only women. Her work usually incorporates a woman in multiple clones of herself in different poses intertwined in bed sheets.

2bccecc86a7d071f823af746555e0222.jpg

724796cdede5bd11519d49908ab052e8.jpg

Meredith Marsone

Her work showcases an emotional scene, usually accompanied by random paint strokes surrounding the person(s) involved.

IMG_3516.JPG

2b31b8553aae1a044ce5c75f5eb060dd.jpg

Whew, that was a lot of art! I almost went into an episode of Stendhal Syndrome for a sec.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is great this show; I caught episode 3 this week on TV and watched backwards the episodes I missed (episodes 2 and 1) online.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Robert Williams
Appetite for Destruction
robert-williams-appetite-for-destruction.jpg

I gazed on this many an hour as a child as music brought this into my possession by way of mass produced album art reprint.

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Wow there are so much paintings I love this will be difficult to choose just a few lol ;)

But here are some of my very favorites :

IMG_6865.JPG

Vincent Van Gogh's "Starry Night Over The Rhone" (1888)

IMG_6866.JPG

Claude Monet's "The Seine at Argenteuil (Vanilla Sky)" (1873)

IMG_6867.jpg

Caspar David Friedrich's "Wanderer above the Sea of Fog" (1818)

But I also love anything from the Ancient Greek Art, or by Joseph William Mallord Turner or by Caravaggio :newwink:

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When Vincent Van Gogh came to Stockwell, he was 20 years old, happy and earning more than his father.
Then a year later he left England a bitter, tortured man, because he was rejected by this girl.

blue+plaque.jpg

He was on the first B£20 note
BrixtonPound20.jpg

I was fan of Vincent Van Gogh before I found out he was local.

When I found out he was local, I was like a little fan boy (in my head) screaming over Van Gogh Mania fandom like a screaming Beatles fan.

Monet lived closer to my house in all honesty, Van Gogh was still my part of town, but Monet's was just up the hill from me, I like Monet's works, I do, I think they're great; however, I do have a soft spot for Van Gogh, and... I never knew he even came to this country little lone living in Stockwell, little lone arriving a happy guy and leaving my part of town all bitter and tortured over this girl, I was/and still am like 'wow' about that, tbh; but yeah, Monet lived in Crystal Palace, I knew that, thought that was neat, but Van Gogh in Stockwell... That was news to me that I enjoyed. I'm in Thornton Heath.

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
When Vincent Van Gogh came to Stockwell, he was 20 years old, happy and earning more than his father. Then a year later he left England a bitter, tortured man, because he was rejected by this girl.
blue+plaque.jpg
He was on the first B£20 note
BrixtonPound20.jpg
I was fan of Vincent Van Gogh before I found out he was local. When I found out he was local, I was like a little fan boy (in my head) screaming over Van Gogh Mania fandom like a screaming Beatles fan. Monet lived closer to my house in all honesty, Van Gogh was still my part of town, but Monet's was just up the hill from me, I like Monet's works, I do, I think they're great; however, I do have a soft spot for Van Gogh, and... I never knew he even came to this country little lone living in Stockwell, little lone arriving a happy guy and leaving my part of town all bitter and tortured over this girl, I was/and still am like 'wow' about that, tbh; but yeah, Monet lived in Crystal Palace, I knew that, thought that was neat, but Van Gogh in Stockwell... That was news to me that I enjoyed. I'm in Thornton Heath.
Wow cool story :) It is true Van Gogh is mostly known for his French paintings from Arles and Auvers but it is interesting to see his earlier works. I started being a real "fan" too of Vincent after attending one of my college class entirely devoted to his work and life and even more after watching Minelli's Lust For Life with Kirk Douglas as Vincent especially since I found this movie surprinsingly accurate in its depiction compared to other Hollywood's biographical films. He was such a tragic and vulnerable artist some of the letters I read to his brother Theo honestly made me feel sad :( There was especially one of these in which he told his brother maybe about someone he knew who had taken his own life and saying that he would never be able to do the same which is so heartbreaking in light of his own suicide a few years later.
On a side note, I absolutely love Monet's work from when he was in England. I actually considered doing my Master's thesis next year about the paintings he made there and their influence from Turner's painting style. But as a person, I indeed like Vincent, so tormented and sentimental, over Monet I think ;)