• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your Favorite Miniseries

C.J.Woolf

respect the brick
MBTI Type
INTP
PEOPLE LIKE US (a dozen episodes of slow-cooked lunacy -- btw, David Tennant is feat. in one episode!)
THE THICK OF IT (Chris Langham* from PLU is also in this cast)

Damn I love both of those series.

In The Thick of It, Chris Langham was upstaged by Peter Capaldi as the creatively foul-mouthed Malcolm Tucker.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
Damn I love both of those series.

In The Thick of It, Chris Langham was upstaged by Peter Capaldi as the creatively foul-mouthed Malcolm Tucker.

I can't disagree with you there! I've seen TTOI 7-8 times, and I think everyone is brilliant in it, brilliantly cast, but I also have a soft spot for PC/MT.

I regret having screened IN THE LOOP, though. I watched it for TTOI cast members and Capaldi's face when he screams, and it's not the worst creation in the world, but ... I don't know, the American actors in it just, it's too much 'look at me acting like I'm not acting' for me to take. Just take Capaldi as MT; even when he's spitting venom in someone's horrified face he never loses that debonnaire quality.

C.J.Woolf

respect the brick
MBTI Type
INTP
What bothered me about In the Loop was that Malcolm Tucker was in the US on a deeply cynical mission: to get a UN resolution for war on a "Middle Eastern country" (wink, wink) based on lies. For all his faults, in The Thick of It Tucker was a political idealist. He believed in the power of politics and government to make people's lives better. That's one reason why incompetence in his party pissed him off.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You know, I tried to watch North and South again recently, and I didn't like it as much as the first time I saw it. In fact, I didn't particularly like it at all. I like all the actors in it, but I just couldn't bring myself to care about their characters. Especially the main ones. Thornton was a foul-tempered grouch, and Margaret was preachy and self-righteous. It's hard for me to like a series (or book, or movie, or whatever) if I don't like the main characters.

That's why I couldn't get into Torchwood. The characters are all whiny, petulant, overgrown children.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can only watch BSG. Only series that could keep me coming back. And it had an ending.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Thick of It is awesome.

Also way back when I watched Fawlty Towers, it was awesome too

Sherlock is awesome

Yay Brits!

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
What bothered me about In the Loop was that Malcolm Tucker was in the US on a deeply cynical mission: to get a UN resolution for war on a "Middle Eastern country" (wink, wink) based on lies. For all his faults, in The Thick of It Tucker was a political idealist. He believed in the power of politics and government to make people's lives better. That's one reason why incompetence in his party pissed him off.

You point out a really good point. I didn't even notice that because I was hung up on the crap acting.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pride & Prejudice (1995)
Jane Eyre (2006)

I'm sure I've seen more but for some reason I can't remember..:unsure:

OVER THE GARDEN WALL.

tumblr_ndtl7p50es1tj4e18o1_1280.png
^ Also, yes. Just, yes. :nice: I literally watch this every autumn lol.

á´…eparted

passages
Pride & Prejudice (1995)
Jane Eyre (2006)

I'm sure I've seen more but for some reason I can't remember..:unsure:

^ Also, yes. Just, yes. :nice: I literally watch this every autumn lol.

Same! Once October rolls around I'll be watching it with my roommate who I am pretty certain hasn't seen it :).

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I watched Stephen King's It on TV recently. It holds up well, for the most part.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
The Lonesome Dove series... Steven King Miniseries... Tin man... Merlin...

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
No idea if it's been mentioned before but I really loved "The lost room" (about 10 years old).
It had a great premise/plot about a hotel room that has gone missing. All the objects that were in that room resurface everywhere and each object has some specific superpower.

The Lost Room (TV Mini-Series 2006– ) - IMDb

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Shogun, though the book is far better.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I watched Stephen King's It on TV recently. It holds up well, for the most part.

I gotta say, though, that the line "Everything floats down here" makes more sense in the new one. Tim Curry, though, is iconic as the title character; for me, it feels a little bit like the comparison between Gene Wilder and Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka. There really is no way to live up to that, although perhaps a rewatch might change my mind. The movie did a better job at fleshing out the personalities of the kids, though, and the child actors were better. It's been a while since I've seen the miniseries; was it only a two part thing?

burningranger

Ambience seeker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There was this Casanova series from british television with that guy that played Doctor Who, that immediatelly sprang to mind. It was pretty cool.

But other than that I'm struglling to remember other miniseries I've even watched right now...

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I gotta say, though, that the line "Everything floats down here" makes more sense in the new one. Tim Curry, though, is iconic as the title character; for me, it feels a little bit like the comparison between Gene Wilder and Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka. There really is no way to live up to that, although perhaps a rewatch might change my mind. The movie did a better job at fleshing out the personalities of the kids, though, and the child actors were better. It's been a while since I've seen the miniseries; was it only a two part thing?

Yeah, a two parter, but in reruns it's usually aired as one long movie.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
To date, I only ever watched one miniseries, and it was HBO John Adams, which was cool because I've always been interested in colonial American history (along with more interests than I could possibly count), and the miniseries gave particular attention to the politics of that time period, which I've never seen in any movie or TV series. I don't like the personality of John Adams, but it doesn't matter because despite the historical inaccuracies, it was an educational experience.