• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Most Difficult Video Games of All Time Sort By Category

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
These are the most difficult video games I've played.

Arcade:

Sinistar - I dare you to last 5 minutes. It was primarily designed to take your quarters. It doesn't give the player a fair chance.
Defender - two-way joystick and five buttons; dozens of enemies zeroing in on you. Fun times for the type 6 CP arcadist.

Console:

ET: The Extraterrestrial. I played this on my Atari 2600. It was hard and stupid, but not stupid-hard. It was just difficult because it sucked so bad.
Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out. Pretty fun, pretty funny, and damn hard. It featured such great boxers as Soda Popinski and Glass Joe.
Ninja Gaiden (for NES). Jump throw, jump throw - die.

PC:

QWOP. The controls consist of only four keys - Q,W,O,P. But you would never guess the level of difficulty that can come from four little keys.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ninja Gaiden Black for the xbox......so brutally hard.....no easy mode..... beautiful graphics

I have no natural fine motor skill or hand eye coordination (inferior Se didn't hero here), but eventually trained myself to advance in this impossible game. I completed about half the game, I think. Which wasn't bad given that I couldn't pass the first level for the longest time.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ever played F-Zero GX? Talk about frigging impossible. The courses are gorgeous and insanely fun, but in order to unlock new courses and vehicles, you have to win tournaments. Which is unbelievably hard. When my brother tried to play it, he got so frustrated that he threw the controller across the room.

I have to wonder if that level of anger directed at a video game is a guy thing, though. I mentioned F-Zero GX to a guy who worked at Game Trader, and he was like, "Oh my God, I hate that game. It made me throw my controller against the wall." :laugh:

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die edition...with keyboard controls muahahaha.

Also: I wanna be the guy [platformer.] Fuck that nonsense.

But in more...traditional games:
Chakan (Genesis) [Platformer]
Battletoads (NES) [Shmup]
Shin Megami Tensei (SNES) [RPG]
Super Punch Out! (SNES) [Sports] (I dunno, Mike Tyson's Punch Out was easier for me)