• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hockey?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Big night tonight - Caps/Flyers. There's more than one person on these boards waiting for this.

MBTI Type
INTJ
What a debacle! No self-respecting playoff team should melt down like that. Giving games away is not a good way to win a series.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
What a debacle! No self-respecting playoff team should melt down like that. Giving games away is not a good way to win a series.

I hope that really shames them. Did you see that Thoresen may lose a testicle from the slap shot when the play wasn't whistled dead?

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
You say "Giving," I saying taking. :static:

That was a straight-up giveaway. The Flyers came out tired and uncoordinated. The penalty leading to the goal was terrible. The Caps played well in the 3rd, but not well enough to win without a lot of help.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Sure, man. . . whatever makes you feel good.

They lost because the other team was better on that occasion. A "give away" is a weak argument. I remember using that as an excuse for a poor basketball performance when I was in Jr High and High School. Stop making excuses and suck it up. Your team got beat because O scored another goal.

It's as simple as that. But again, if the "We didn't lose. . . we gave it to you" line makes you feel good, then let's role with it. Hopefully, they'll give more games "away." *wink-wink nod-nod*

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wings and Preds tonight. I tend to root for n00bs/underdogs.

Go Preds! (Sorry Pinky!)

No worries, my dear Beat! :smile: I'm just going to have to make out with Yzerman poster to calm my hurt feelings. :devil:

MBTI Type
INTJ
Whoa, whoa, whoa...let's all not get out of hand or someone's going to lose a testicle up in here ;)

I just meant that a playoff team should never blow a two goal lead in the third period. That should be a W every time. I didn't mean the Caps didn't deserve to win, just that the Flyers melted down. They can both be true.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm so excited that D-Mac is playing again. Yay. For me. Woot! The first and only goal in period one of Game 2. That's showing 'em, Mac!

Someone losing a testicle may or may not be considered fun. All depends on the scenario. My Yzerman Poster-Boyfriend sez: "Take out your frustrations on me, Pink. I'm Canadian - whatever breaks off will just grow back."

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Sure, man. . . whatever makes you feel good.

They lost because the other team was better on that occasion. A "give away" is a weak argument. I remember using that as an excuse for a poor basketball performance when I was in Jr High and High School. Stop making excuses and suck it up. Your team got beat because O scored another goal.

It's as simple as that. But again, if the "We didn't lose. . . we gave it to you" line makes you feel good, then let's role with it. Hopefully, they'll give more games "away." *wink-wink nod-nod*

Sorry, buddy. Today was a example of one team taking it to the other team, and keeping them offtheir game. Friday was a collapse; today was execution. Big difference.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Whoa, whoa, whoa...let's all not get out of hand or someone's going to lose a testicle up in here ;)

I just meant that a playoff team should never blow a two goal lead in the third period. That should be a W every time. I didn't mean the Caps didn't deserve to win, just that the Flyers melted down. They can both be true.

Exactly. The Caps got the W on Friday because they capitalized when the Flyers went into a shell in the 3rd period. That is still a victory on the scoresheet. Hell, I'd take 16 collapses by the other team this postseason. :party2:

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Calgary is up 3-2 against San Jose. A whole period to go.

scared0014.gif

MBTI Type
INTJ
Sorry about the game, Beat...that's a tough one to take. That's the kind of game that turns a whole series, especially since the ghosts of playoffs past have to be working on the Sharks' heads at this point.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Ahh, language...

Patrick Thoreson of the Flyers was hit in the groin by the puck while blocking a shot in Game 1 of the Flyers/Caps series. At first it was thought he might lose a testicle, but he is now fine.

I just saw him on the NHL Network being interviewed. The interviewer asked him what his girlfriend thought of his clean bill of health and the Norweigan Thoreson answered, "She is happy. She is glad my nuts are okay." For some reason that was ten times funnier because he spoke in stilted, deliberate English.

We're glad too, Patrick :)

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Sorry about the game, Beat...that's a tough one to take. That's the kind of game that turns a whole series, especially since the ghosts of playoffs past have to be working on the Sharks' heads at this point.
Yes, this is sad. :(

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Ahh, language...

Patrick Thoreson of the Flyers was hit in the groin by the puck while blocking a shot in Game 1 of the Flyers/Caps series. At first it was thought he might lose a testicle, but he is now fine.

I just saw him on the NHL Network being interviewed.

How much higher pitched is his voice now?