User Tag List

First 202829303132 Last

Results 291 to 300 of 314

Thread: Hockey?

  1. #291
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    My favorite line in the movie It's a parable, a tale as old as time!
    It is exactly how I explain a penalty to the uninitiated. Accent and all. Then I like to mention the allergy to those fucking fans, you know, has returned.

  2. #292
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Hockey is probably the worst TV sport
    Baseball.

    :/

  3. #293
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    Baseball.

    :/
    Agreed. I can't get into it and I've tried earnestly. I'd rather watch GOLF than baseball. (Yikes. What's the matter with me?! I hate golf!)
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  4. #294
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Agreed. I can't get into it and I've tried earnestly. I'd rather watch GOLF than baseball. (Yikes. What's the matter with me?! I hate golf!)
    Baseball is bad but Golf is coma inducing. Why do they even televise that? I assume they want people to watch and not zonk out for three hours on the couch.

  5. #295
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Baseball is bad but Golf is coma inducing. Why do they even televise that? I assume they want people to watch and not zonk out for three hours on the couch.
    I'll tell you exactly what it is - a Canadian conspiracy. If they can put us to sleep with their awful boring mind-numbing god-forsaken creation (called GOLF, meaning "Gathering Our Little Friends" i.e. harvesting) then they can stick us in clone vats for breeding purposes. It's pretty blatant actually. I mean, why else do golf pants exist, I ask you?!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  6. #296
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I'll tell you exactly what it is - a Canadian conspiracy. If they can put us to sleep with their awful boring mind-numbing god-forsaken creation (called GOLF, meaning "Gathering Our Little Friends" i.e. harvesting) then they can stick us in clone vats for breeding purposes. It's pretty blatant actually. I mean, why else do golf pants exist, I ask you?!

    If I saw myself in clothes like those...I'd kick my own ass. Actually it's a Scottish creation but either way...boring boring to watch and way too frustrating to play.


    You know what's strange? I like curling. I love to watch it (always being able to watch CBC helps). It's incredibly relaxing but not numbingly boring at all. But I think it started as a drinking game. Someone had a broom laying around...ice...a rock...one thing led to another.

  7. #297
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Curling looks like fun! The game is ridiculous, and if you lose, you can beat your enemy team with the brooms. Way more possibilities than Ringette.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  8. #298
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Curling looks like fun! The game is ridiculous, and if you lose, you can beat your enemy team with the brooms. Way more possibilities than Ringette.
    Plus you get to make all kinds of retarded sounds while you sweep and push the rock and it's all good. Just part of the game.

  9. #299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    Baseball.

    :/
    What I meant was that hockey is the worst sport in terms of how TV translates the game for home viewing. Telecasts of hockey actually make it difficult to follow the game for the uninitiated. I think baseball translates fine to TV...it's not hard to follow the action or anything. I think maybe you just don't like baseball very much.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

    Johari
    /Nohari

  10. #300
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    What I meant was that hockey is the worst sport in terms of how TV translates the game for home viewing. Telecasts of hockey actually make it difficult to follow the game for the uninitiated. I think baseball translates fine to TV...it's not hard to follow the action or anything. I think maybe you just don't like baseball very much.
    Ahh, I see what you're saying.

    Don't get me wrong though, I enjoy baseball. It's just hard to watch 9 innings on TV. Going to a professional ball game on the other hand is one of my favorite outings.

    Go A's.

Similar Threads

  1. World Cup of Hockey
    By mooseantlers in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2016, 09:09 PM
  2. Sidney Crosby (hockey)
    By Forever_Jung in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 03:36 PM
  3. Brendan Burke (son of Leafs GM Brian and first openly gay hockey person) dies
    By Usehername in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-07-2010, 11:06 PM
  4. Hockey
    By LadyJaye in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 248
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 04:15 AM
  5. MBTIc Fantasy Hockey League?
    By nottaprettygal in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-04-2008, 01:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO