• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

the Mandalorian

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I really enjoyed this so far. I wish the episodes were longer.

I enjoy the episodes, but I don't think they've yet matched the top episodes of season 1. Those would be Episode 3 (where he decides to rescue The Child), the finale, and the one on the New Republic prison ship (which is something that not everybody agrees with me on, I think).

The Tatooine stuff is leaning very very heavily on Westerns, which is entertaining.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I enjoy the episodes, but I don't think they've yet matched the top episodes of season 1. Those would be Episode 3 (where he decides to rescue The Child), the finale, and the one on the New Republic prison ship (which is something that not everybody agrees with me on, I think).

The Tatooine stuff is leaning very very heavily on Westerns, which is entertaining.

Im letting the que build up a bit, i just finished season 1 last week. I really liked the IG droid and the Ugnaught.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Im letting the que build up a bit, i just finished season 1 last week. I really liked the IG droid and the Ugnaught.

Did you like the one on the prison ship with Bill Bur? Something about it reminded me of playing the original Dark Forces, which pleased me.

Also I feel like the level on the Gromas Mines in Dark Forces was inspired a lot by Total Recall, now that I've seen that. With a bit of the original Terminator at the end...

Dark Troopers were scary AF.

The Cat

Staff member
Did you like the one on the prison ship with Bill Bur? Something about it reminded me of playing the original Dark Forces, which pleased me.

Also I feel like the level on the Gromas Mines in Dark Forces was inspired a lot by Total Recall, now that I've seen that. With a bit of the original Terminator at the end...

Dark Troopers were scary AF.

I loved that episode and yeah it totally rmeminded me of original Dark Forces. Also Bill Bur's weapons rig reminded me of the Dash Rendar action figure. I really hope he comes back I also liked Space Carl Weathers

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did Season 2 end already? I didn't realize until last week new episodes were out and now I think maybe most of them are aired?

I'll be honest -- the series is a nice little diversion / time-passer and a small scale story, so refreshing in that sense. (It's been better than some of the films.) But on the other hand, I don't particularly get excited over watching it either.

It's more like a pleasantly warm bubble bath with an occasional scented rose petal falling down into the tub, versus hot steamy sexytime.

The Cat

Staff member
Did Season 2 end already? I didn't realize until last week new episodes were out and now I think maybe most of them are aired?

I'll be honest -- the series is a nice little diversion / time-passer and a small scale story, so refreshing in that sense. (It's been better than some of the films.) But on the other hand, I don't particularly get excited over watching it either.

It's more like a pleasantly warm bubble bath with an occasional scented rose petal falling down into the tub, versus hot steamy sexytime.

it reminds me of the tales of series of short stories from the old EU Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina, Tales of the BOunty Hunters, and Tales from Jaba's Palace.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

There's only been two episodes released so far.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Watched episode 2 over the weekend.

I am guessing now at the furor over the episode. (I was avoiding reading things.) I was actually put off by the same sort of thing, though, with caveats -- in regards to scripting Baby Yoda.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I’m going to have to start watching. My NZ bae Taika Waititi is in the new season. Overall casting for the show is pretty top notch.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I’m going to have to start watching. My NZ bae Taika Waititi is in the new season. Overall casting for the show is pretty top notch.

I gotta finish watching Hunt for the Wilderpeople...

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Watched episode 2 over the weekend.

I am guessing now at the furor over the episode. (I was avoiding reading things.) I was actually put off by the same sort of thing, though, with caveats -- in regards to scripting Baby Yoda.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I gotta finish watching Hunt for the Wilderpeople...

That’s been on a watchlist for me for a while, but I simply havent brought myself to see it.

Homecoming is another like that.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Episode 4 was pretty dope. I think this is my favorite episode of the series so far.

In addition to all that awesome action in the climax, I like that they're really exploring what the galaxy might be like after Jedi. I liked that they showed people trying to rebuild and so forth, and how the empire fits into the new order. It's not just this episode, but it something I really appreciate about this show. It was extremely disappointing to me that the sequel trilogy did not flesh any of this out AT ALL; they just reset everything and tried to pass it off as nothing changing, without ever explaining why in a convincing fashion.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd had a bit to drink last night but I shouted in excitement when

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I ended up posting my thoughts on the first half of Season 2 here, so I will link it:
https://www.typologycentral.com/for...nt/106724-random-star-wars-3.html#post3291363

I'm aware of who shows up in S2E5 so.... not sure how much my opinion of the season will change with its final half, it's just I hear a lot of water-cooler talk (so to speak) about the season finale, so I'm trying to block all that out and just plow through the last four episodes before it is spoiled for me.

I think Season 2 is an improvement, the show seems to be finding a story through-line with more detail and also is getting a better grasp of its own tone. Also, despite it being a TV show, it's developed some somewhat harrowing action sequences with a bit of gravitas, so that has been cool as well.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Season 2 for me is kinda what I wanted the sequel trilogy to be, especially in terms of themes and political dynamics.

Season finale was an especially pleasant experience.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, I just watched Episode 5 & 6 (so two more to go), right after posting that last bit -- and the whole series has jumped up a notch. Damn. I don't know what they were waiting for, but I feel like there are real stakes now and decent character appearances etc, leading to me wanting to see what happens next.

Personally, I think some of the cameos are wasted, like Michael Biehn. (Boy he's looking weathered. I kinda had a crush on this guy in the 80's.) But I am always happy to see Ming-Na Wen show up; she has such a great voice. I also appreciate they were able to get Temuera Morrison into this because he has such a pedigree in the role that he took over in the 90's/2000's -- he's looking a bit messed up after his apparently short tenure in the sarlacc, but hey surviving all this shit is pretty impressive.

I should say too, I like how it's actively tying back into the other properties now, and make a deal of locations like Tython, bringing up Alderaan actively, and so forth... it feels little more anchored in the history of the time. Also, seeing a mandalorian take on a jedi briefly... brings more viability to various types of characters we see. In SWTOR half the classes are Force related, but I appreciated their attempts to make bounty hunters and ruffians and troopers viable class types .... and here we do see they actually all have different but powerful capabilities. We even say the HK47's (or whichevere model was used) dragged into things -- the way one of them flipped up on the rooftop was so fluid.