• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Personality Traits of the Highly Intelligent Person

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month." - Fyodor Dostoevsky

rav3n

Meh, highly intelligent people will vary in personality traits, reliant on nature and nurture.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is clickbaity stuff to make average and/or lazy people feel better about themselves. The really intelligent achievers in this world probably don't spend their days looking at this sort of thing. They actually apply themselves. Intelligence and talent are wasted without perseverance and ambition.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Well that's an enormous load off my shoulders, since none of these apply to me.

Now I can get back to the painful ennui of standing just outside the shower each morning, thinking about death, without the weight & angst of high intelligence to unnecessarily complicate things.

Just like everyone else.

Quick

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There is a difference between being.smart and having a very high intelligence. The very highly intelligent are emotionally different from the normal. The very highly intelligent are OE, over exciteable.

The video wasn't talking about IQ...

Quick

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is clickbaity stuff to make average and/or lazy people feel better about themselves. The really intelligent achievers in this world probably don't spend their days looking at this sort of thing. They actually apply themselves. Intelligence and talent are wasted without perseverance and ambition.

Except for the people that study intelligence, right?

Quick

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OP, you are annoying and you are not funny.

Quick

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Apparently, I am a dumb ass because the only one I got was that I am messy and I like chocolate. The advice given was to not clean up after myself.

Quick

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just noticed this was under Academics and Careers, LOL.

xXxXx_wEltschmErz_xXxXx

the manga was better
I just noticed this was under Academics and Careers, LOL.
Oh, I wouldn't have noticed it myself, hadn't you pointed it out. Is it weird?

I was reading (for some seconds) about intelligence on Wikipedia. According to the article, intelligence has been defined in many ways. This is very interesting, one can be thinking.
And so I was thinking about these images that have text about different types of, I think it was intelligence?
So probably, many many traits can be linked to high intelligence, if someone wants to do that.

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm acquainted with a guy who is very intelligent, most likely with an IQ of at least 140. He's absolutely brilliant at math and physics. But he hasn't gotten far in life, he's soon to be 30 and he didn't even finish high school. He only wants to do what he's interested in, and it almost seems like his intelligence has been more of a handicap in many ways. Part of me wishes he could just get applied to physics studies at university in spite of not finishing high school, he'd be a great asset. The potential difficulties of having high IQ are not often spoken about.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm acquainted with a guy who is very intelligent, most likely with an IQ of at least 140. He's absolutely brilliant at math and physics. But he hasn't gotten far in life, he's soon to be 30 and he didn't even finish high school. He only wants to do what he's interested in, and it almost seems like his intelligence has been more of a handicap in many ways. Part of me wishes he could just get applied to physics studies at university in spite of not finishing high school, he'd be a great asset. The potential difficulties of having high IQ are not often spoken about.
That's what we get for putting certification over qualification. That mentality is overtaking society, to everyone's detriment, except those who make money from selling those certifications.

Last edited:
We’re not even a type I civilization on the Kardashev Scale, so calm down everyone. Collectively speaking, we’re all pretty damn stupid.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We’re not even a type I civilization on the Kardashev Scale, so calm down everyone. Collectively speaking, we’re all pretty damn stupid.

So were Egyptians and Romans less intelligent than modern humans, The first agrarian societies less intelligent than the Egyptians and Romans?

I don’t mean to be a smartass, I’m just not convinced a civilization’s level of progress is necessarily a good indicator of its inhabitants’ intelligence.

So were Egyptians and Romans less intelligent than modern humans, The first agrarian societies less intelligent than the Egyptians and Romans?

I don’t mean to be a smartass, I’m just not convinced a civilization’s level of progress is necessarily a good indicator of its inhabitants’ intelligence.
This list isn’t a good indicator either.

When we’ve gained a much better understanding of the universe and ourselves maybe we can all flaunt our intellectual superiority as a species. We haven’t even found a working system to explain how the smallest of things and the largest of things work together. All I’m saying is even the brightest of humans have a very limited understanding of how most of the universe around us truly functions. We’re getting there but humans aren’t exactly the smartest offering in the universe. And if by some chance we are, then I’m very disappointed.