• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your Fitness Journey and Progress

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Well after that ramble I went on, I've actually been doing some good things. There's a nutrition cafe near my house that does teas and protein shakes, and it's in walking distance so it's like the perfect reward for walking haha. Also, I've figured out I can walk to work ok from the shelter, it's about a 15 minute walk. I'm also trying to make "veggie bowls" at work, which is basically a pile of random vegetables tossed in sauce and baked, as a replacement for pasta since I love pasta. They're not bad, albeit a little watery. I'll keep experimenting. Also planning on buying a Cirkul, even though I don't have any problems staying hydrated, I just like how they have 9 different settings for how strong you like your drink. I tried the 9, it actually wasn't too strong for me. I'm trying to eat less carbs when I eat out, I GOT to try the pumpkin curry they have in town.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
The bigger deal for me is how I've changed eating. No more seed oils, no more interior isles at the grocery store. I'll get staples like Grits, and rice. but besides that I just get veggies and meat. No more processed bullshit.

I'll get 15 minutes of sun a day around noon.

I've already seen huge changes, but I can already tell my testosterone is up significantly. I'll pop a random boner during the day like a middle schooler! that hasn't happened since i was in my 20's!!

If I go out to eat I focus on ethnic food mostly. Middle Eastern, indian, vietnamese etc etc etc.

I literally can't believe how much better I feel.

I've also started eating less in a single sitting and eating more frequently. Hunger used to be an emotional pain, now I can just ignore it until my body physically needs to eat, and stop eating once I've had enough.

Ive got a big honkin pot roast in the crock pot for dinner and i cant wait!

Last edited:

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been doing the strength resistance training regularly, basically only skipping one day or maybe two depending on the week, alternating between upper and lower body. I can definitely see increased muscle in my arms, and my legs and butt feel a bit more muscular. Hopefully it'll lead to weight loss. I don't know whether I've lost any or not, but I do like feeling stronger.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Day 7 fasted cardio done. Didn't eat very much at all yesterday which is good. Got OK sleep. I was getting sore (lactic acid sore not injury sore) by halfway through so I didnt do the longer route this morning just the normal one.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Weighed myself today--178.6 lbs! That's down from 186 lbs a little under 2 weeks ago. I am in a serious caloric deficit and almost worry I am losing weight too fast. Is that a lot to lose in just 2 weeks? Based on my height and body frame, I think my ideal healthy weight is probably around 155-165. Still have a lot of back fat but my belly is steadily shrinking. As much as I want to bulk out, I think I need to be patient and lose more fat first. I'm concerned that losing fat too fast without adequately building muscles might leave a lot of droopy skin on my arms, belly, etc.

Routine hasn't changed much.
-1000-2000 meters on row machine 4-5 times weekly.
-3-5 times weekly: as many reps as I can do targeting arms with free weights. I'm a wuss and only using 10 or 15 lb dumbbells right now, but I just do them until I can't physically lift anymore.
-started doing 10-20 pushups daily a few weeks ago. Will increase as I get stronger
20-25 sit-ups daily. Will increase as I get stronger, but I can already feel my core strengthening.
-squats, leg lifts, ankle lifts 3-5 times weekly. Leg day really is the worst, but I am forcing myself to do them.
-kegels when I am sitting at work. Usually try to do 50 daily. Helping with my erection quality. Junk looks bigger since I started shedding bodyfat and I can't wait to get rid of that fat pad--it was hiding over an inch of usable dick!

Diet:
-banana early AM with my coffee (oat milk for creamer).
-plain instant oatmeal around 9 AM.
-sometimes snack on mixed nuts or trail mix later AM
-raw spinach or leafy green lettuce with balsamic vinaigrette; 2 mandarin oranges for lunch
-afternoon snack (granola, fruit, or nuts)
-bigger dinner
-drink at least 64 ounces of water daily. One day last week I actually drank over 2 gallons.

I feel hungry all the time, but I also think I have conditioned myself to only tolerate small portions at any given meal.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Weighed myself today--178.6 lbs! That's down from 186 lbs a little under 2 weeks ago. I am in a serious caloric deficit and almost worry I am losing weight too fast. Is that a lot to lose in just 2 weeks? Based on my height and body frame, I think my ideal healthy weight is probably around 155-165. Still have a lot of back fat but my belly is steadily shrinking. As much as I want to bulk out, I think I need to be patient and lose more fat first. I'm concerned that losing fat too fast without adequately building muscles might leave a lot of droopy skin on my arms, belly, etc.

Routine hasn't changed much.
-1000-2000 meters on row machine 4-5 times weekly.
-3-5 times weekly: as many reps as I can do targeting arms with free weights. I'm a wuss and only using 10 or 15 lb dumbbells right now, but I just do them until I can't physically lift anymore.
-started doing 10-20 pushups daily a few weeks ago. Will increase as I get stronger
20-25 sit-ups daily. Will increase as I get stronger, but I can already feel my core strengthening.
-squats, leg lifts, ankle lifts 3-5 times weekly. Leg day really is the worst, but I am forcing myself to do them.
-kegels when I am sitting at work. Usually try to do 50 daily. Helping with my erection quality. Junk looks bigger since I started shedding bodyfat and I can't wait to get rid of that fat pad--it was hiding over an inch of usable dick!

Diet:
-banana early AM with my coffee (oat milk for creamer).
-plain instant oatmeal around 9 AM.
-sometimes snack on mixed nuts or trail mix later AM
-raw spinach or leafy green lettuce with balsamic vinaigrette; 2 mandarin oranges for lunch
-afternoon snack (granola, fruit, or nuts)
-bigger dinner
-drink at least 64 ounces of water daily. One day last week I actually drank over 2 gallons.

I feel hungry all the time, but I also think I have conditioned myself to only tolerate small portions at any given meal.
Have you tried using MyFitnessPal (or something similar) to calculate ideal caloric/nutrient intake? They have a lot of different foods & quantity options you can choose from, as well as workouts you can log. I found it really helpful when I was actually losing weight by accident (I was just trying to get fitter, but the exercise was burning off more than I ate).

Do you know if you’re getting enough lean protein per day (depending what dinners are like, that may vary)? Protein is really great for muscle recovery post-workout, especially within the first hour or so, from what I understand. Do you like Greek yogurt at all?

Anyway, congrats on maintaining these healthier habits! It sounds like you’re already reaping some of the benefits.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Increasingly, I think home gyms are the way to go. Yes, I realize this is a privilege not all will have the finances or space for. The culture of public gyms is so toxic. The social media fitness culture doubly so.

I'm going to be in the market for a house in the spring, if all goes well, and room for a small personal gym is top of my list. A basement would be ideal. I have zero interest in showing off for gym bunnies or playing who-gets-the-weight-machines with a bunch of wannabe alpha roid bros.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been doing the strength resistance training regularly, basically only skipping one day or maybe two depending on the week, alternating between upper and lower body. I can definitely see increased muscle in my arms, and my legs and butt feel a bit more muscular. Hopefully it'll lead to weight loss. I don't know whether I've lost any or not, but I do like feeling stronger.
Still doing this. I still don't know whether I've lost any fat, but I know I've gained muscle (my clothes don't feel looser but my butt is filling out my pants in new places, and my legs feel like tree trunks). I really like feeling stronger. I am really hoping it'll also lead to the loss of fat, that it's just happening so slowly that it's not extremely noticable (which is the way I'd like it to come off, slow and steady and less likely to come back). I haven't been to the doctor recently, but it will be interesting to see if this is helping my cholesterol when I do go in.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got an inexpensive TRX system a couple months ago, but haven't had time to find a good place in my house to set it up. There is a place on the porch, which is fine in the warmer weather, but I don't relish working out at temperatures below freezing - or lower. If I want that kind of a workout, I will just walk or hike, or better yet - ski.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I went back to MyFitnessPal today. I did pretty well and only went 39 calories over(1,750 is my calorie limit). Apparently had 3,935 grams of sodium though(probably not accurate though since it was food from a local restaurant). I do love my salty snacks. x.x The nutrition place is having a raffle and I'm quite excited, I had a Warheads boosted tea today.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I went back to MyFitnessPal today. I did pretty well and only went 39 calories over(1,750 is my calorie limit). Apparently had 3,935 grams of sodium though(probably not accurate though since it was food from a local restaurant). I do love my salty snacks. x.x The nutrition place is having a raffle and I'm quite excited, I had a Warheads boosted tea today.
I miscalculated, there was a bouillon cube in my rice, and I DID NOT EAT THE WHOLE BOUILLON CUBE. X.X Though my sister used to do as such...

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My workout routine has mainly been rotating between double progressive strength training and endurance training, mixed with some TRX. I work out 3 times a week usually for like 45 min.

A typical day for me is like (not all of these in one day, it rotates between arms and legs):
Squats 3x5(8)
Overhead Press 4x5
Bench Press 3x5(8)
Deadlift 3x5(8)
Pull overs 3x5(8)
TRX squats 2x15
TRX hip press 2x15
TRX crunches 2x15
TRX planks 2x15

I do 5 reps, and increase reps up to 8 reps before I increase weight by 5lbs.

Diet wise, I keep going on and off Keto as it is the only thing that works for me. I typically eat mostly unprocessed meats, sauerkraut (and other probiotics), lots of eggs, and veggies.

My favorite go to meal is shrimp and zucchini in a butter and sambal oeleck sauce. Otherwise I usually eat chicken or salmon.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not much different in my routine, for the most part.

I’m now down to 167 lbs. i think I need to start bulking soon.

Going to try for Ottermode aka swimmer’s body, ultimately, so should not be too hard. I think my muscles are already halfway to where I'd like them, it's just a matter of shedding those remnants of bodyfat. I want to look good in one of those little swimsuit brief bikinis or whatever the male version is called.

Last edited:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have hip dysplasia & ligamentous laxity resulting in chronic pain (labral tear & overloading the joint space) to work around, so my routine is adapted for that. It’s pretty light.

Goals:
- longterm pain management
- hip preservation surgery “prehab” strengthening to support myself properly through recovery/recover faster overall
- longterm health

I don’t go to a gym; I use what I have at home: stationary bike, gym mat, dumbbells, a kettle bell, & resistance bands. Routine was originally set up by my physical therapist. I’ve been doing this routine since early 2017, initially 6 days a week. Then that decreased as my hip got a lot worse. Hip arthroscopy 2019 there was another drop off as I recovered from that (it didn’t resolve everything, but did improve some pain/range of motion). Built back up to my current routine over 2021, with another break for almost all of March 2022 after re-tearing my labrum in a different place (injury not related to exercise; I helped my friend move & carried stuff I really shouldn’t have).

My routine:

4x a week minimum I do the following in one session:

*with my 30-60 counting, basically if I spend an hour on the bike, that’s my “long” workout day, & all exercise reps are 60. 30 min bike is a short workout day, & all reps are 30.

Then I do some stuff on my gym mat:

30-60 of each:

Off mat, 30-60 of these:

On days I’m not working out, I’ve tried to utilize my friend’s condo complex pool this summer, whenever possible. Just freestyle laps for 20-60 min, broken up. Also side leg raises in the water/holding the side, 60-count. I’ve managed to do that at least 1-3x a week since the end of June.

Overall I’m happy enough with my progress, but my hip pain does slow me down, sometimes. It can be really demotivating, but I always feel better once I’m moving for a bit. “Motion is lotion,” as they said in PT.

The pool has helped a ton with pain. I’m a month away from PAO surgery, so I’m really gonna try to do something every day at this point to strengthen, no matter what.

Within 30 min of my longer workouts, I try to make sure I consume at least 20g protein of some kind. I recall reading somewhere that it can help with muscle development/recovery to do so, but I may have misread. I’m usually hungry afterward, anyhow.

That post^ was from the end of August 2022.

I continued that routine, increasing my workout days to 6-7 days a week as much as I could til I finally had my periacetabular osteotomy on my hip in mid-December.

I’d prepped all my meals in advance before surgery for at least my 1st month, to be as healthy as possible recovering: https://www.typologycentral.com/threads/what-did-you-bake-cook-today.21633/page-156#post-3373604

I was non weight bearing on my left hip/leg for 4 weeks, then allowed to start physical therapy 2x a week. I also started riding my stationary bike at home & doing isometric exercises, as my left leg atrophied pretty quick.
(Anyone who reads my private forum blog has already seen the leg atrophy photos below)

So, I’ve been working really hard in PT in-office & at home to undo that. I started my bike back up on the 2nd week of January, & started formal PT on Jan 18th.

1675991843448.jpeg

This is my daily (every single day) routine, now:

(the “yoga” is not actually yoga— stupid myfitnesspal just doesn’t know certain physical therapy exercises, so I just log it there as yoga)

1675991916232.jpeg

I’m 8 weeks post-op now, & off crutches earlier than expected because of this. I started weaning off them by the end of week 5 (transitioning to 1 crutch for a couple wks). I couldn’t do a straight leg raise laying down AT ALL after surgery, until maybe last week. The muscles just didn’t listen to me.

My leg is still smaller than the non-op one, but that’s improving.

I’m having an issue with my weight, though. I’ve been losing weight unintentionally. I’m burning off more than I take in, with the exercise every day. And, apparently, your BMR increases following bone fracture (technically my pelvis was fractured in 3 places, but by a surgeon & not an accident). So that’s eating some calories.

I’m 5’9” & weigh 124 right now. BMI 19. Body fat approx 21%. Before surgery I went between 127-135. I’d go up & down if I got busier/added to my workouts, & didn’t add more food to my day. The loss was unintentional then, too, but I’m more concerned about it now in terms of recovery from surgery/bone healing, etc.

My PCP gets on me about my weight when I go under 135. And, I’d prefer to be 130-135, but I want that mass to be lean muscle gain, not adipose.

I feel like I eat a lot, though. I don’t feel hungry or weak or deprived. So, I am struggling with trying to figure out how to increase my caloric intake with healthy, protein-dense foods. I refuse to eat garbage (high sugar &/or high in saturated fat foods) to gain weight. I’m not sure what to add that fits that criteria & is affordable.

This is just one of the meal ‘plans’ I have in a given day. I do not eat takeout often, maybe like once a month, if that. I don’t eat fast food at all. You can see on myfitnesspal that each day that I’m not meeting the calories, & that I’ll keep dropping weight, apparently:

This imgur post of mine has more examples of my meals (just this week so far, plus some other tracking stat things in there). - LINK

I’m at a loss (pun intended?) as to what the hell else to eat. I really want to make sure I keep healing properly.

I’m open to suggestions, as long as they’re fairly protein-rich, low in sugar & saturated fat, relatively shelf stable or freezable, & relatively affordable. And please don’t suggest beans. I hate them.

Attachments

• 1675991155862.jpeg
    1675991155862.jpeg
    405.6 KB · Views: 82

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
@Lexicon
Saturated fat foods are really not the problem, but I will entertain you by your limitations.

You need more healthy dairy/cheese (for calcium and vitamin D), and seafood (both are low in saturated fat).

Less processed food like that bread and canned food, avoid stuff in a box too. Unironically learn to cook recipes and do meal prep for a week at a time. It is way easier than might you think it is.

A lot of what you are eating can easily be fresh and better quality. A lot of things advertising themselves as a "healthy alternative" are a lie.

Buy the fresh baked bread and produce from the grocery store and cut it yourself for sandwiches instead of buying premade stuff.

Kraft cheese is absolutely terrible for you. Get some Swiss, feta, or mozzarella (low in saturated fat).

Instant meals are also terrible for you as they are full of bad oils and preservatives, but if you do need them frozen ones are better than dehydrated ones (which you seem to be doing).
Eat more potatoes instead of rice for carbs.

Learn to make stews (you can put them in a slow cooker and forget about them for a while and it's easy.) These can feed you for a week at a time and you don't have to worry about not using the veggies right away.

Drink wine (wine is healthy in small amounts)

Take a collagen peptide supplement.

Eat red meat, even if its high in saturated fat. It will help with this if you are under nourished.

If you need help with weekly meal prep, I can easily offer some quick meal solutions for you if you want.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
@Lexicon
Saturated fat foods are really not the problem, but I will entertain you by your limitations.
As far as saturated fats go, I defer to my doctor, who encourages avoidance of them. There are plenty of healthy fats I prefer, anyway (avocados, nuts, etc). I realize this is something people debate about, but my doc hasn’t steered me wrong, yet.
You need more healthy dairy/cheese (for calcium and vitamin D), and seafood (both are low in saturated fat).
Since this post, I’ve been eating a lot more plain greek yogurt for snacks for some dairy. I LOVE seafood, but it’s pretty expensive. Before surgery,I was getting vacuum sealed salmon fillets from the freezer section to eat it once a week per month, but I stopped just before surgery because I didn’t wanna deal with the smelly cleanup from cooking (painkillers made me vomit, strong smells were definitely not a good idea).

I appreciate the reminder to reincorporate some nice fatty fish now that I’m more mobile.
Less processed food like that bread and canned food, avoid stuff in a box too. Unironically learn to cook recipes and do meal prep for a week at a time. It is way easier than might you think it is.
I do agree, the less processed, the better. It’s not always viable for me in my current state, or my previous one, where I needed to be able to do things relatively quickly, because of the pain I had been in pre & immediately post-op now. I’m moving away from Minute Brown Rice now that I am not so pressed for time/energy. Getting the real stuff. It’s cheaper, too.

I actually do mostly meal prep, still, I think I posted that in my long post. It’s easier to reheat after a long day of errands & physical therapy than cook directly from scratch with all the cleanup every day, at least, for now.

A lot of what you are eating can easily be fresh and better quality. A lot of things advertising themselves as a "healthy alternative" are a lie.

Buy the fresh baked bread and produce from the grocery store and cut it yourself for sandwiches instead of buying premade stuff.
Fresh bread is better. I plan to bake my own white whole wheat bread again when I physically can, consistently. It freezes pretty well.
Kraft cheese is absolutely terrible for you. Get some Swiss, feta, or mozzarella (low in saturated fat).
Yeah, that wasn’t actually the brand I was eating, it was just what I logged in myfitnesspal for nonfat shredded cheddar. I used to eat kraft shredded cheese, but after switching, it tastes like a mouthful of salt, now.

Instant meals are also terrible for you as they are full of bad oils and preservatives, but if you do need them frozen ones are better than dehydrated ones (which you seem to be doing).
Eat more potatoes instead of rice for carbs.

Learn to make stews (you can put them in a slow cooker and forget about them for a while and it's easy.) These can feed you for a week at a time and you don't have to worry about not using the veggies right away.
Good reminder to review this crockpot recipe section I keep ignoring in my cookbook...
Drink wine (wine is healthy in small amounts)
Red wine’s healthy, but I hate it, haha.
Take a collagen peptide supplement.

Eat red meat, even if its high in saturated fat. It will help with this if you are under nourished.
I get sirloin steak tips occasionally, but (bit TMI here), it tends to just sit in my guts and not move, most beef does that to me.
If you need help with weekly meal prep, I can easily offer some quick meal solutions for you if you want.
Thank you for taking the time to write out a thoughtful response. I will keep that in mind. Definitely getting some more salmon on my next grocery trip, at the very least.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As far as saturated fats go, I defer to my doctor, who encourages avoidance of them. There are plenty of healthy fats I prefer, anyway (avocados, nuts, etc). I realize this is something people debate about, but my doc hasn’t steered me wrong, yet.
Understandable
Since this post, I’ve been eating a lot more plain greek yogurt for snacks for some dairy. I LOVE seafood, but it’s pretty expensive. Before surgery,I was getting vacuum sealed salmon fillets from the freezer section to eat it once a week per month, but I stopped just before surgery because I didn’t wanna deal with the smelly cleanup from cooking (painkillers made me vomit, strong smells were definitely not a good idea).
Oh yeah, I can understand that. Greek yogurt is great. You can add walnuts and honey to it for added calories and nutrition if you wish. (unless your allergic etc)
I appreciate the reminder to reincorporate some nice fatty fish now that I’m more mobile.
Hopefully it works out for you.
I do agree, the less processed, the better. It’s not always viable for me in my current state, or my previous one, where I needed to be able to do things relatively quickly, because of the pain I had been in pre & immediately post-op now. I’m moving away from Minute Brown Rice now that I am not so pressed for time/energy. Getting the real stuff. It’s cheaper, too.
Good to see you are doing better. I have personally hated brown rice (I think it tastes terrible lol). I prefer quinoa or riced cauliflower.
I actually do mostly meal prep, still, I think I posted that in my long post. It’s easier to reheat after a long day of errands & physical therapy than cook directly from scratch with all the cleanup every day, at least, for now.
I agree, I mostly meal prep all my meals except dinner. But I am moving towards OMAD.
Fresh bread is better. I plan to bake my own white whole wheat bread again when I physically can, consistently. It freezes pretty well.
Baking is a good way to ensure you are eating healthy, and avoiding harmful additives and preservatives.
Yeah, that wasn’t actually the brand I was eating, it was just what I logged in myfitnesspal for nonfat shredded cheddar. I used to eat kraft shredded cheese, but after switching, it tastes like a mouthful of salt, now.
Ah yeah, MFP is a pain in the ass so I just stopped using it. They are not accurate at all on what you should be eating/what your limits to gain or lose weight on. You have to trust yourself to figure out how much is too much or too little.
Good reminder to review this crockpot recipe section I keep ignoring in my cookbook...
Try borscht with beef broth, its amazing.
Red wine’s healthy, but I hate it, haha.
Rip
I get sirloin steak tips occasionally, but (bit TMI here), it tends to just sit in my guts and not move, most beef does that to me.
That is unfortunate. Sounds like your gut bacteria isn't in good shape if your getting stopped up by it. Do you consume coffee? It helps with things like that.
Thank you for taking the time to write out a thoughtful response. I will keep that in mind. Definitely getting some more salmon on my next grocery trip, at the very least.
No problem, I love talking about health stuff. I hope getting some more healthy omega 3 in you will help with your weight gain (and joints). Just watch out for fish where the omega 6 is higher than the 3 (like Tilapia), they are far worse for you and cause inflammation. Do believe a certain type of salmon is like this (Atlantic I think).

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Just got back from the gym (leg day) which I started at in Dec. When I started lifting I fell off on cardio still about 35 lbs down. But my lifts have gone up considerably.

Hip thrusts w 355lbs for 10 reps

Leg presses for 350lbs 10 reps

My squats are still garbage since I only started squatting 2 weeks ago, but I have added 30 lbs to it in 2 weeks.

Seated calf raises with 195lbs 10 reps

Leg extensions with 170 lbs 10 reps

Leg curls with 110 lbs 10 reps

I've been taking protein powder to supplement my protein intake. I've been adding cardio back in but doing it slowly to let my body get used to the exercise load. I have to eat a lot more now to keep up with everything, especially if I want to get bigger.

I hit the heavy bag for cardio and/or walk for an hr. The walking is good to get outside and clear my head and get some sun.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Still trying to do what I've mentioned before - resistance training (which sometimes includes cardio and intervals), and I don't eat that much but don't feel I'm losing much weight. I don't know for sure, as I don't have a scale and I'm not going to weigh myself at home.

There are several parts to this. I want to lose weight to look and feel a certain way. And the other is that I want to avoid ending up with diabetes, which runs strongly in my family.

But I feel like whatever I do doesn't actually matter. I am going to try to be relatively healthy with my diet, and I'm try to figure out little tweaks I can make and easy healthier foods I can sub in so it's sustainable, and I'm going to keep exercising because it makes me feel better and it's good for me even if I don't lose weight. But I feel closer to just giving up on weight loss than I've been before. It just doesn't happen. I've been to a nutritionist and a doctor about it. They essentially didn't tell me to do anything differently than what I am doing. My regular doctor recommends exercising more (which I did, and it didn't lead to weight loss). The only other things I can think of are a formal diet (which I don't think is sustainable) or exercise equipment/going to a gym/trainer. Perhaps a trainer would have ideas. Otherwise, I guess I just am what I am.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Still trying to do what I've mentioned before - resistance training (which sometimes includes cardio and intervals), and I don't eat that much but don't feel I'm losing much weight. I don't know for sure, as I don't have a scale and I'm not going to weigh myself at home.

There are several parts to this. I want to lose weight to look and feel a certain way. And the other is that I want to avoid ending up with diabetes, which runs strongly in my family.

But I feel like whatever I do doesn't actually matter. I am going to try to be relatively healthy with my diet, and I'm try to figure out little tweaks I can make and easy healthier foods I can sub in so it's sustainable, and I'm going to keep exercising because it makes me feel better and it's good for me even if I don't lose weight. But I feel closer to just giving up on weight loss than I've been before. It just doesn't happen. I've been to a nutritionist and a doctor about it. They essentially didn't tell me to do anything differently than what I am doing. My regular doctor recommends exercising more (which I did, and it didn't lead to weight loss). The only other things I can think of are a formal diet (which I don't think is sustainable) or exercise equipment/going to a gym/trainer. Perhaps a trainer would have ideas. Otherwise, I guess I just am what I am.
:hug:

How are your other stats like cholesterol and blood sugar? Those things tend to be more important indicators of health than just hitting a particular number on the scale. Of course you don't want to be carrying around an excessive load, but even when your weight is in whatever is considered a reasonable range, that doesn't tell you about muscle mass, body fat percentage, and bone density. Has your doctor ever ordered an endocrine panel to see if anything's out of whack with your hormones? :thinking: