• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Who to vote for?

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Smiley Hands, I'm talking about perceptions and connotations. In fact, that's where the humor is--the contrast between definitions and connotations. It's why I don't say "I'm feeling gay" when I'm in a good mood, even though that would describe how I'm feeling, i.e., happy.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That may be so, but it is still incorrect according to definitions.
Okay, well I know that. Thanks for your passion in trying to inform people. Anyway...

The thread topic (OP) is still up for discussion.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's not totally related to the OP, but I thought some people reading this kind of thread might be interested.

(moved)

Last edited:

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Update: see post #24 for new idea

Here you can convince me to vote for your preferred person/party/ideology, or whatever. You have an opportunity: I know what I want, but I'm still pretty undecided about who to vote for in order to get there. And I could vote for (or against) one candidate for more than just one reason.
This is pretty simple not along the lines of type, but people's circumstances in general. If you are doing okay and the economic crisis is not effecting you, then vote your ideology. If you are effected by the economy then vote for the ticket that helps you and your family.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oops, I think I messed up my vote. My ballot's not going to make it in on time. No vote from me this election, and that's fine, there aren't any very promising candidates anyway! :thumbdown:

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Today's been a little depressing. Surrounded here on campus by so many enthused about Barack Obama eventually becoming president, I wish I had that enthusiasm tonight.

Sorry about my current whining on political threads. I've kept it to a minimum, I still would have been upset if McCain had won, and I know not to take politics too personally--far too many people do. (Like the guy on our dorm hall who shattered the fire extinguisher's glass case... :dry: We'll all have to pay for that.)

Since we know that Barack Obama will be the next president, my best hope is that Congress will not be too slanted towards the Democratic Party. Let me go check to see how those races turned out...

If we were to get a largely Republican Congress at the same time as a Democratic president, I would actually be happy about that, I think. :jew: It's just that I don't expect that to happen this election cycle.

Edit: Nope, things look bad. The Senate has Democrats at almost a 60% majority, and the House of Representatives will apparently see a large increase for the Democrats as well. Oh well.

Maybe the Republican Party will try for a new direction and a new approach. I doubt it. On second thought, that may be good or bad, depending upon what is changed...