• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type do you guys think I am?

danthemanklein

Hello. I'm new to this site and I haven't gotten to make an account until now. A couple of days ago, I took a cognitive functions test on IDRLabs.com. Here are the results:

Fi (85%)
Ni (62%)
Fe (56%)
Si (56%)
Ne (51%)
Te (45%)
Se (35%)
Ti (35%)

- My name is Daniel, but you can call me Dan or Danny. I’m 22 and I’m new to MBTI and Enneagram. I’ve known about these topics for about a couple of months.
- The Enneagram types I related to the most were 4, 9, 6, and 5. As for MBTI, I’m still learning about cognitive functions and I’m still trying to figure out my type.
- My interests are Sport Stacking, music (classic/indie rock, metal, punk, hip hop, and mashups are my favorite genres), video games, drawing painting, and creating music mashups.
- I have a YouTube channel dedicated to Sport Stacking. It’s where you stack twelve cups in predetermined sequences as fast as you can without messing up. I’m on Team USA and I’ve been doing it for over a decade. I’ve met some amazing people throughout the journey.
- I’m quite shy, reserved, private, and quiet for the most part. I never really fitted in to any particular group at school. I was the weird kid who would get picked on and bullied every day during middle school. I started to have terrible social anxiety because of it. High school was a little better, I was able to make acquaintances and a couple friends just fine, but still had some issues.
- I prefer to form my own opinions and stances. I don’t like to argue or debate, but if I choose to, I usually try to be unbiased and not criticize, even though sometimes people’s opinions can annoy me. Although, I don’t really care too much if someone has a different opinion than me, they have a right to disagree. If I don’t have a full opinion or stance on something, I won’t judge it, but I might have some sort of impression, if that makes sense.
- My favorite bands are Pink Floyd, Tame Impala, Gorillaz, Linkin Park, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, Evanescence, Kendrick Lamar, Jhene Aiko, Cold War Kids, Young the Giant, Radiohead, The Beatles, Cage the Elephant, DJs From Mars, and DJ Earworm.
- I daydream and introspect constantly. I have a lot of fantasies that surround my inner worlds, and I tend to switch back and forth between my inner world and outer world, kinda like Calvin and Hobbes.
- I like to live in my head a lot. Living too much in the past, present or future could get me either depressed or stressed depending on the situation and how I'm feeling.
- I’m really into The End of the F***ing World, something about that show is so good. The writing is phenomenal. I also like Stranger Things, Black Mirror (my favorite), Always Sunny, Evangelion, and Rick and Morty.
- As a kid, I really enjoyed art. I would draw all the time, and loved using my imagination.
- I used to play Jak and Daxter, Smash Bros, all the James Bond and Star Wars games as a kid. I also enjoy Overwatch, Undertale, Skyrim, Fallout, and a little bit of Call of Duty.
- As for movies, the closest movie I can say that is my favorite is Pulp Fiction (so good).
- I have High Functioning Autism (a secret I tend to keep from most people), and things can get very overwhelming sometimes. When there’s a problem I’m facing internally, I tend to dwell, obsess, and perseverate on it. Sometimes, I’ll dwell about certain things that have happened in the past. I feel like I’m trapped and can’t get out. The only way to calm me down is to sit down, relax, and listen to some music. It takes a while for me to calm down, but it’ll pass. It’s almost like a passing thunderstorm, if that makes sense.
- I’m a very curious, yet cautious person. I’ll sometimes get a bit impulsive, but I don’t really like to take risks.
- I like soft blankets.
- I currently work at Walmart and it can be a pain a lot of the time. What I love most about the job is that I work in Lawn and Garden, and I’ll be at peace. Being outside and not having to deal with too many customers is pretty soothing to me. What I dislike the most is the register up front. Too much commotion and noise goes on and sometimes you’ll get that one nasty customer that blames their small problems on you, which would easily ruin my day.
- I only have a few friends, and I’m comfortable with that. I don’t go out that often and usually get most of my energy when I’m alone. However, I do value the time I spend with my family and friends. I just don’t like staying in crowded places for too long. I also like to go out for walks every once in a blue moon.
- I get anxious when meeting new people, but I’m better at it now.
- When I'm hanging out with a group with people, I prefer to stay quiet. I like one-on-one interaction and hate being the center of attention most of the time; it gets uncomfortable.
- I used to jump around and run as a kid. Although, I have to be in the mood for any physical activity. I was never into playing sports, but I liked watching them.
- I also like to work out, even though I’m a stick, haha.
- My parents think I can be idealistic and realistic, but more idealistic, which is pretty true for the most part.
- I love animals, they’re so cool.
- I’ve never been to parties (except maybe one), and I’ve never been in a fight.
- I like going to concerts, but I can't stand loud noise.
- I don't talk or text people very often. I spend most of my time on the Internet. Although, I kind of used to hang out with friends a bit more than I do now.
- I’m a little sensitive to criticism. I’m even more sensitive when somebody yells at me, especially if they’re criticizing me.
- I didn't talk at all until the age of 3, but the first thing I have ever learned was the alphabet and numbers.
- My parents say that I have a dreamer personality. They also said I was very bright eyed as a newborn.
- I tend to remember certain details, such as people's names, faces, date of births, etc. I used to have a better memory for those details as a kid then I do now.

P.S. I've also tried posting on personalitycafe.com, but got no responses so far.

Last edited:

oknJ

MBTI Type
xNTx
Enneagram
1w9
Have you considered INFP ? You seem to be using Ne and Fi a lot.

-OKN

rav3n

Since you're Fi-Ne, an E4, are idealistic, are sensitive and write with a stream of consciousness style, consider INFP.

danthemanklein

Have you considered INFP ? You seem to be using Ne and Fi a lot.

-OKN

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been suggested as INFP, ISFP, and ESFP, but Fi dom in general makes a lot of sense to me. INFP could most definitely be a possibility.

danthemanklein

[MENTION=10808]bechimo[/MENTION] Yup. As for the Enneagram, I had a guy saying that my own post sounded like a stereotypical E4 INFP, which I can't blame him, haha. My brother's girlfriend gave me a book on the Enneagram and it has a small quiz which consists of two sets of three questions. This quiz would narrow down your Enneagram type by 70% accuracy. I thought the first option would be 9, but I got 4 as a default. After reading it, I realized that E4 resonated with me so well.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I honestly wouldn't rule out ISFP. You sound kind of similar to me, and I'm a 4 in the enneagram too. Visual artists from what I have gathered are usually SFPs, though not always of course. Daydreaming and fantasizing are both something I do too, so I don't think it's necessarily an Ne thing. And I almost always type as INFP on tests. Just food for thought.

danthemanklein

Hmmm, I honestly wouldn't rule out ISFP. You sound kind of similar to me, and I'm a 4 in the enneagram too. Visual artists from what I have gathered are usually SFPs, though not always of course. Daydreaming and fantasizing are both something I do too, so I don't think it's necessarily an Ne thing. And I almost always type as INFP on tests. Just food for thought.

Sounds fair, keeping your options open is a good solution.

danthemanklein

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I'm fine for now. Thanks for asking. ;)

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

I'll get instantly annoyed and impatient, but I won't say anything cause that'll be pretty rude. Although, I might get a little worried for missing the show. Sometimes, I tend to forget that things happen for a reason, even I didn't want them to or don't like them. As for the car breaking down, I might think of solutions to come up with the problem.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I might get concerned with their intentions, but I will also think that there is a possibility that they won't drink (and if they do, they'll only get one or two). I wouldn't mind if my driver was getting a couple drinks, as long as they're sober enough to drive. However, if they made a promise not to drink, then I might have to watch them just in case. I usually don't trust people, but I don't think they're always untrustworthy either. It depends on the person.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

It really depends on the topic at hand. Sometimes, I'll listen and get interested, but sometimes I might get annoyed or ask questions for curiosity. I usually don't like to debate with people, especially if it's with politics and the person I'm debating is petty with their opinions. At the end of the day, I'm still gonna have my beliefs and opinions. I wish some people would just agree to disagree.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

It depends on the experience. If it's on Facebook where I saw a smug-like political post, I might get this slight impulse of annoyance, but I won't debate. Instead, I'll just go to the comments under the post and only upvote the comments I agree. I know that sounds petty, but it didn't really matter when it was 2016 and all I could see were smug-like political posts (and this goes for both sides, btw).

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Respect, Friendship, Loyalty, Success/Achievement, Progress, Understanding, Fun, Friends, Family, Good movies/tv shows/games/food, Music, Talent, My hobbies, Honesty, Trust, Kindness, Good conversations, My daydreams, Authority that's trustworthy, Learning, Rules, Nostalgia, and probably a bunch of other things I can't think of at the moment, lol.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a) I don't know, I've always thought that we're all different from each other, but when it all waters down, we're pretty much the same. When I first got into this personality thing, it was very interesting to me how different and similar I could be from someone else. I was definitely different in grade school. Some kids were just assholes, but I tried my best to be kind to other people. However, it was very hard to be kind to the people that either bullied me or was just flat out nasty to me.

b) When I was younger, I wished I was more outgoing simply because I didn't always have the confidence to speak up. I was a very active kid in elementary school, but 5th grade rolled around (which was an awesome year, btw) and I met my two bullies that terrorized me in middle school, especially one that nobody really liked. This caused me to become a lot more shy than I already was. However, as time went on in high school, I became more confident in being outgoing, but it's only with people I'm comfortable with. In fact, I became content with being reserved.

I also wish I wasn't so lazy sometimes. I wish I could just get things done, especially in a quick environment like WalMart, but sometimes it's not as easy.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I don't always get gut feelings, but when I do, it depends. Sometimes they're right, other times, they're not. They might trigger when I'm alone in a room and I can hear somebody's footsteps come into the direction of the room I'm in, I can assume they might want something from me, like chores, or they might go into the other room. I might think of a few other things as well.

It's also triggered when I post an opinion on Facebook and I get a notification that somebody commented on my post. If it's the same two people that get defensive when somebody has a different opinion or belief, then my gut feeling might say they want a debate. If it's from different individuals, I might think they'll want to either agree, disagree or have a debate. The debate could go either way too.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) I like to watch TV or a movie, listen to music, go outside for a walk or shoot hoops, Sport Stacking, drawing, watch YouTube videos or even make one (like stacking, creating a mashup, or maybe talking about my current interests), play video games, work out, daydream about random things, look up things on the Internet I'm interested in and learning, sometimes, I'll read a book, write, or take a shower if I haven't yet. If I'm hungry, having a good meal could energize me, but it's important to eat anyway. Sometimes, chores will get me energized if I'm working alone while listening to music.

b) Work (don't get me wrong, a job is very important to have, but the job I have can drain me in some ways), chores (sometimes), school sometimes drained me, but definitely not always, crowded places (if I'm there for too long), too much physical activity, too much resting (which makes me even more drained), obsessing over things in general.

Generally, if I'm alone, then it's pretty easy for me to distract myself when I'm bored.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

For my internal thought process, I don't know, my thoughts will tend to jump around wherever it wants to, especially if I'm daydreaming. I think it all depends when I'm talking to someone, like it's probably different. As for my outward behavior, that depends. It also depends with the people I'm with. I tend to show my happiness and annoyance more than anything else. Sometimes, I'll get angry or agitated and snap without second thought, but if I know if I had done something wrong to somebody, I'll always apologize no matter what. It's definitely the right thing to do.

- P.S. I haven't got to the picture one because I tried clicking on it, but didn't show up (probably down or deleted), but if there's one image you want me to view and write down about, I'll do it. Also, feel free to really give me examples of where you see certain functions in me. Like if you think I'm INFP, then where do you see Fi, Ne, Si, and Te in me? If ISFP, where do you see Se and Ni? It'll be helpful to me and my understanding and knowledge of MBTI. [MENTION=36491]oknJ[/MENTION] [MENTION=10808]bechimo[/MENTION] [MENTION=36737]CarolineJ[/MENTION] [MENTION=27809]Lotus[/MENTION]