• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Video Thread.... Serious ENFP/Am I An ENFP?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Just wondering what you typcpeeps think.

I consider myself an ENFP from introspection and interaction with others but quite happy for people to make their own observations and opinions.

Wanted to address the influx of fluffy ENFP vids I see a lot of atm. Definately not really where I am at, though I will conceive I do say really stupid things sometimes when the spotlight is on me and often feel embarrassed for saying them shortly after.

Ummm some people that strike me as ENFP and whose opinions I would be glad to listen to include [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] [MENTION=6877]Thalassa[/MENTION] [MENTION=17816]Lady[/MENTION]X [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] [MENTION=18819]five sounds[/MENTION] [MENTION=23222]senza tema[/MENTION] and tons of others besides, feel free to comment or not. Mwah!

Also interested in hearing from some of the more fluffy self typed ENFP's to see if you do relate at all and if you re think your own type or mine from this vid.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know, you strike me as what I view Ne dom to be? I think a lot of the 'wacky' Ne is actually tertiary or lower in the stack.

I think Ne dom in reality is probably not a very fun or 'easy' thing to be, and I've said elsewhere before that it often strikes me as heavier, not fluffy at all really.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Never considered myself fluffy, then again, not even sure where the whole barfing rainbows and pixie dust stereotype even comes from. Do ENFPs do that?? Do I do that? I hope not. If I'm around those I'm really comfortable with then ya, I can be pretty "fluffy" or all over the place. Anyone else and I'm usually fairly serious.

I'll check this video out once I have a chance. :)

Starry

Just wondering what you typcpeeps think.

I consider myself an ENFP from introspection and interaction with others but quite happy for people to make their own observations and opinions.

Wanted to address the influx of fluffy ENFP vids I see a lot of atm. Definately not really where I am at, though I will conceive I do say really stupid things sometimes when the spotlight is on me and often feel embarrassed for saying them shortly after.

Ummm some people that strike me as ENFP and whose opinions I would be glad to listen to include [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] [MENTION=6877]Thalassa[/MENTION] [MENTION=17816]Lady[/MENTION]X [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] [MENTION=18819]five sounds[/MENTION] [MENTION=23222]senza tema[/MENTION] and tons of others besides, feel free to comment or not. Mwah!

Also interested in hearing from some of the more fluffy self typed ENFP's to see if you do relate at all and if you re think your own type or mine from this vid.

I am excited to see this. I'm running out the door but since I read and "liked" I thought I would also say that I'm thankful to have something to look forward to...watching and pondering.

I will also take this brief moment to be on-the-level with everyone and admit that I don't know what "fluffy" is supposed to be referring to...I've never known this. Like, what qualities are being named under the heading "fluffy". Are we talking "fluffy" like how shards of broken glass are fluffy? <-Okay, some of us may be more internally troubled/conflicted at this point in their lives haha but even at my best...I don't think I have fluffy...but at the same time do not truly know what that is supposed to mean. I have just been making guesses.

Be back soon.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks so much for posting this. You're an enjoyable watch, and I very much relate to the head space you occupy and your mode of expression. You remind me of other ENFPs in my life. I think the myth of the more happy-go-lucky ENFP is partially true, it's an aspect, a kind of mode of engagement that we definitely employ. It's definitely a signature expression, but it really doesn't capture our nature very well when people think any kind of enthusiasm equates to vapidity.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know, you strike me as what I view Ne dom to be? I think a lot of the 'wacky' Ne is actually tertiary or lower in the stack.

I think Ne dom in reality is probably not a very fun or 'easy' thing to be, and I've said elsewhere before that it often strikes me as heavier, not fluffy at all really.

Yeah that really resonates with me. I can do wacky Ne, but often when I am thinking about it it becomes and effort.

r u from Pandora?

I live life in technicolour...

Never considered myself fluffy, then again, not even sure where the whole barfing rainbows and pixie dust stereotype even comes from. Do ENFPs do that?? Do I do that? I hope not. If I'm around those I'm really comfortable with then ya, I can be pretty "fluffy" or all over the place. Anyone else and I'm usually fairly serious.

I'll check this video out once I have a chance. :)

Yeah maybe it's less the fluffy and more the 'i'm so crazy, everyone thinks i'm crazy, look at me' thing. I noticed it in the last enfp impersonation vid, which probably toppled the dmonioe for this vid.

I am excited to see this. I'm running out the door but since I read and "liked" I thought I would also say that I'm thankful to have something to look forward to...watching and pondering.

I will also take this brief moment to be on-the-level with everyone and admit that I don't know what "fluffy" is supposed to be referring to...I've never known this. Like, what qualities are being named under the heading "fluffy". Are we talking "fluffy" like how shards of broken glass are fluffy? <-Okay, some of us may be more internally troubled/conflicted at this point in their lives haha but even at my best...I don't think I have fluffy...but at the same time do not truly know what that is supposed to mean. I have just been making guesses.

Be back soon.

Cool, i'd be interested to hear your opinion and weather you identify with my vibe in general. And/or how you differ.

Thanks so much for posting this. You're an enjoyable watch, and I very much relate to the head space you occupy and your mode of expression. You remind me of other ENFPs in my life. I think the myth of the more happy-go-lucky ENFP is partially true, it's an aspect, a kind of mode of engagement that we definitely employ. It's definitely a signature expression, but it really doesn't capture our nature very well when people think any kind of enthusiasm equates to vapidity.

Thanks man, I have often found your posts pretty right on, hence asking your opinion. I can be wacky and I can also be very excited... but generally only when I hit a new (fantastic) idea full speed or am with people bouncing ideas. Sometimes i actually wish I could chill on that a bit.

Starry

Cool, i'd be interested to hear your opinion and weather you identify with my vibe in general. And/or how you differ.

Watched.
Related.
Kept checking my phone for texts until I realized it was actually your phone haha.

In many ways I already knew I would relate to your expression/degree of animation because I have been fortunate enough to enjoy your videos in the past...videos where you were speaking in a straight-forward manner like above as well as videos where you were being carefree/fun (I remember one where you were dancing haha) and have identified with all of them...and yah, that is the baseline standard I would expect out of someone I would personally type as ENFP if that makes sense.

I don't know what makes a person an ENFP but I've consistently tested ENFP over time, feel the type best fits me, have been typed by MBTI professionals for work...and my own mother is still convinced I'm an introvert.

While I really dislike the term for some reason...I do identify with what the concept "silly switch" is attempting to convey. There are moments when something from the external environment strikes me as funny or novel and I'll run with it. I can most definitely act in weird ways that I think are hilarious or feel happy and social in the company of others...but I can't imagine anyone describing me as fluffy if fluffy is cute + hyper + super positive or something.

More notable to me is how I related to what you said. I feel like you answered all the questions nearly identical to the way I would...just with a way cooler accent.

For as many years as I have been here I have only seen one youtube video where I knew the chick was an ENFP and no she was not fluffy...her expression was within the same range as yours. Most of the time I'm left feeling kinda twilight-zoney by them as I'm left with the sense that all ultra-positive, silly, wacky people are automatically ENFP

Permabanned
Watched.
Related.
Kept checking my phone for texts until I realized it was actually your phone haha.

In many ways I already knew I would relate to your expression/degree of animation because I have been fortunate enough to enjoy your videos in the past...videos where you were speaking in a straight-forward manner like above as well as videos where you were being carefree/fun (I remember one where you were dancing haha) and have identified with all of them...and yah, that is the baseline standard I would expect out of someone I would personally type as ENFP if that makes sense.

I don't know what makes a person an ENFP but I've consistently tested ENFP over time, feel the type best fits me, have been typed by MBTI professionals for work...and my own mother is still convinced I'm an introvert.

While I really dislike the term for some reason...I do identify with what the concept "silly switch" is attempting to convey. There are moments when something from the external environment strikes me as funny or novel and I'll run with it. I can most definitely act in weird ways that I think are hilarious or feel happy and social in the company of others...but I can't imagine anyone describing me as fluffy if fluffy is cute + hyper + super positive or something.

More notable to me is how I related to what you said. I feel like you answered all the questions nearly identical to the way I would...just with a way cooler accent.

For as many years as I have been here I have only seen one youtube video where I knew the chick was an ENFP and no she was not fluffy...her expression was within the same range as yours. Most of the time I'm left feeling kinda twilight-zoney by them as I'm left with the sense that all ultra-positive, silly, wacky people are automatically ENFP

Woulnd't it be fascinating if ur phone did get the msgs from the vid? Kinf of Source Code-ish.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Watched.
Related.

Well thank you Starry, really appreciate it! I always like to do things like this off the cuff because I find it's where the more genuine grass roots responses come from. Does mean theres a lot of humming and erring. Rehearsals (though they have their place fo sho!) can be grinding and feel inauthentic for ENFP's imo in vids this this.

Also the novelty value wares off, I love to watch films I know nothing about... I wonder if you are the same? I think it's something to do with taking in brand new untarnished information. My mind has not yet had the time to mess with the concepts and formulate opinions/bias the watching. <--- old ideas newly put into words.

Do you have any vids starry? I can't remember any. I can't even find the old type by vid thread. Be interesting to watch.

Oh also, I think the ideas in the vid you identify with are likely delta values, you are probably IEE in socionics?

Edit: Interesting about your mother though.... what type is she? My mother is ENFP and though people say we are one and the same her opinion of me is that I am so determined and she keeps putting me back on the pedestal of which I have fallen several times. I doubt she would describe me as an introvert, i believe she just see's my potential (I also see hers lol). She seems more carefree than me but without the wacky backy is just as stressy. :smile:

Starry

Well thank you Starry, really appreciate it! I always like to do things like this off the cuff because I find it's where the more genuine grass roots responses come from. Does mean theres a lot of humming and erring. Rehearsals (though they have their place fo sho!) can be grinding and feel inauthentic for ENFP's imo in vids this this.

Also the novelty value wares off, I love to watch films I know nothing about... I wonder if you are the same? I think it's something to do with taking in brand new untarnished information. My mind has not yet had the time to mess with the concepts and formulate opinions/bias the watching. <--- old ideas newly put into words.

Do you have any vids starry? I can't remember any. I can't even find the old type by vid thread. Be interesting to watch.

Oh also, I think the ideas in the vid you identify with are likely delta values, you are probably IEE in socionics?

Edit: Interesting about your mother though.... what type is she? My mother is ENFP and though people say we are one and the same her opinion of me is that I am so determined and she keeps putting me back on the pedestal of which I have fallen several times. I doubt she would describe me as an introvert, i believe she just see's my potential (I also see hers lol). She seems more carefree than me but without the wacky backy is just as stressy. :smile:

I really love the way you describe things HoT...like the words you choose and the way you design your sentences is really beautiful to me. [MENTION=10714]Qlip[/MENTION] too has an artistic way with language and yet I don't think I've ever told either of you how much I enjoy reading your stuff because of it. And yes, things always go best for me when I'm in the flow. Like, I don't know how strange this sounds to other types...but to this day I'm still trying to teach myself how to rebound from even a moment's hesitation by reminding myself that all authenticity has not been lost wtf? But for the most part I appreciate those that have a deep appreciation for that which has not been adulterated by rehearsal and practice haha. (And yes absolutely...I try to surprise my system with something I have not had a chance to formulate a pre-opinion of as often as I can. Movies/documentaries are perfect for this task!)

I don't have any videos of myself because I *had thought* I didn't have a way to do this...a while back I shattered my laptop screen and instead of buying a new one like a normal person would...I've just plugged in an old monitor and use it that way (I'm not a wealthy person but it's not the money that's holding me back...I freak out on consumerism and electronics in the landfill or villages of 3rd world countries where they are burning the toxic parts for some reason that escapes my memory. I'm just telling you this because I think you will relate.) What's funny is in the video of the ENFP impersonation that I believe inspired your video...that chick makes reference to her Kindle. Like, she was filming that crazy shit on a Kindle...and I have a Kindle...I just didn't know it had video capabilities haha. I mean, I'll have to check my model...but I may have a way to do one.

Will you type me in sociosonics? I test as IEI - I think? Like, I think I might be an INFJ in that system but I don't understand it. How did you figure out your type for that?

Also...my Mom is an unhealthy ENFJ 2 of the "Kool Aid" variety and while I do love and appreciate some of her personalities :wink: others I find a bit of a challenge really to navigate. You have to tell us ENFPs...either here or somewhere...what it was like to have an ENFP mother...

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I really love the way you describe things HoT...like the words you choose and the way you design your sentences is really beautiful to me. [MENTION=10714]Qlip[/MENTION] too has an artistic way with language and yet I don't think I've ever told either of you how much I enjoy reading your stuff because of it. And yes, things always go best for me when I'm in the flow. Like, I don't know how strange this sounds to other types...but to this day I'm still trying to teach myself how to rebound from even a moment's hesitation by reminding myself that all authenticity has not been lost wtf? But for the most part I appreciate those that have a deep appreciation for that which has not been adulterated by rehearsal and practice haha. (And yes absolutely...I try to surprise my system with something I have not had a chance to formulate a pre-opinion of as often as I can. Movies/documentaries are perfect for this task!)

I don't have any videos of myself because I *had thought* I didn't have a way to do this...a while back I shattered my laptop screen and instead of buying a new one like a normal person would...I've just plugged in an old monitor and use it that way (I'm not a wealthy person but it's not the money that's holding me back...I freak out on consumerism and electronics in the landfill or villages of 3rd world countries where they are burning the toxic parts for some reason that escapes my memory. I'm just telling you this because I think you will relate.) What's funny is in the video of the ENFP impersonation that I believe inspired your video...that chick makes reference to her Kindle. Like, she was filming that crazy shit on a Kindle...and I have a Kindle...I just didn't know it had video capabilities haha. I mean, I'll have to check my model...but I may have a way to do one.

Will you type me in sociosonics? I test as IEI - I think? Like, I think I might be an INFJ in that system but I don't understand it. How did you figure out your type for that?

Also...my Mom is an unhealthy ENFJ 2 of the "Kool Aid" variety and while I do love and appreciate some of her personalities :wink: others I find a bit of a challenge really to navigate. You have to tell us ENFPs...either here or somewhere...what it was like to have an ENFP mother...

You def have more of a delta vibe to me, IEI is beta.

Socionics has four quadras, which share similar values and can often be found irl naturally grouping together/working well together. MBTI does also have something similar but focusses more on one strong element e.g "the nf idyllic" rather than the group of people who work well together.

In Socionics....

Delta are nurturing self contained group, often big on practical & technical doing things such as fixing and decorating, and healing (NF's especially). These types are IEE EII SLI LSE.

Beta are a dominating group, they will let anyone join who are prepared to live and die by their rules (us versus them attitude), they will often have a leader (one of them) and believe life should be full of challenges. These types are IEI EIE SLE LSI.

Starry

You def have more of a delta vibe to me, IEI is beta.

Socionics has four quadras, which share similar values and can often be found irl naturally grouping together/working well together. MBTI does also have something similar but focusses more on one strong element e.g "the nf idyllic" rather than the group of people who work well together.

In Socionics....

Delta are nurturing self contained group, often big on practical & technical doing things such as fixing and decorating, and healing (NF's especially). These types are IEE EII SLI LSE.

Beta are a dominating group, they will let anyone join who are prepared to live and die by their rules (us versus them attitude), they will often have a leader (one of them) and believe life should be full of challenges. These types are IEI EIE SLE LSI.

I just had a sick feeling come over me while I was reading what you had written in Anaxamander's thread and suddenly recalled this post that I never expressed my gratitude for and it had been really important for me to do so because it had meant so much (socionics has been difficult for me to let-in and whenever that occurs with something...to have someone that has an understanding of how I think "make it real for me" /introduce it to me on my level is a total gift and so appreciated I can't even tell you.) I know why this happened but will save you from the *mundane* excuses. Just wanted to thank you now! Thanks Helen