• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Try to type me, please.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you're too busy taking photographs of a place you're not enjoying it. Taking time out to Stand aside for photos of people against the backdrop of a nice place is that much time you're not looking at all the things there.

SP

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Hmm. Lasting_Pain's blog post was very depressing.

I remember once joining INTPcentral once just to mess with them but then left because the forum was just so... depressing. It was a bit like opening up a pandora's box of Kafkas. One is enough! I think my father is an INTP. He's also very depressing. He's also being treated for depression, so perhaps that's not the best thing to consider.

There just seems to be a flavor to INTP writing and remarks that just sounds... bitter, no matter how they dress up what they say. It's all right in small doses but otherwise...

One thing I noticed though was that he hated photographs because he doesn't want to be remembered by people. I hate photographs for a completely different reason. If you're too busy taking photographs of a place you're not enjoying it. Taking time out to Stand aside for photos of people against the backdrop of a nice place is that much time you're not looking at all the things there. I do like photography as art, though. The most I use cameras for is to take pictures of 3-dimensional projects that I can't scan so I can show them off on the internet. Any time I've been to camps and things I may have taken a few pictures, but I've never used more than one disposable camera, and I usually don't remember to get the pictures developed anyway.

Hmm... also, some of the things he's said reminded me about how 'girls/smart people/whatever tend to act dumber than they are to fit in'. I don't know about this. I can act loud and stupid sometimes, but I'm probably enjoying myself doing this. I can't really consider myself to be acting like 'not myself to fit in' because I am acting like myself, just a different part.

Also, when it comes to small talk, I really don't have much idea what people are talking about most of the times. Usually, it's like I don't pay attention to the things that most people pay attention to, because I haven't noticed or can't remember what they're referring to. I may see some movies, but I can never remember actor's names or what they look like, I may listen to music but I don't know the names of the musicians... things like that. It's like they're from a completely different culture, even though they may live just next door.
I haven't kept up on the news... when you first came here were you depressed or just pretending to be depressed?

What about that profile?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I haven't kept up on the news... when you first came here were you depressed or just pretending to be depressed?

What about that profile?

Looking at the profile I almost seem ISTP-ish.

When I first came here, I had almost been expelled from school for something very stupid, so on top of preparing for AP testing I was also trying to catch up with everything I'd missed. So I was probably very upset.

...Do I always sound depressed? o_O

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Looking at the profile I almost seem ISTP-ish.

When I first came here, I had almost been expelled from school for something very stupid, so on top of preparing for AP testing I was also trying to catch up with everything I'd missed. So I was probably very upset.

...Do I always sound depressed? o_O
I don't know... I've been on the forum very sparsely for several months and I haven't read anything by you lately.

What kind of physical activities do you like to do?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I don't know... I've been on the forum very sparsely for several months and I haven't read anything by you lately.

What kind of physical activities do you like to do?

I've also been on the forum very sparsely for the past few months.

Define 'physical activities'. I guess mostly I'd say I like to dance -- not like ballet or anything but the kind of dance you get to do at a school dance or a Bar Mitzvah or something. Those don't come around too often, though. Other than that, I like to walk, sometimes run, if I'm up to it... I don't really like sports because my hand-eye coordination is really bad. I think this is mostly the fault of my eyes and not my hands, though.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I've also been on the forum very sparsely for the past few months.

Define 'physical activities'. I guess mostly I'd say I like to dance -- not like ballet or anything but the kind of dance you get to do at a school dance or a Bar Mitzvah or something. Those don't come around too often, though. Other than that, I like to walk, sometimes run, if I'm up to it... I don't really like sports because my hand-eye coordination is really bad. I think this is mostly the fault of my eyes and not my hands, though.
Ah. I guess I didn't know you were a girl, btw.

ISTP females might be pretty different from the males, but I was under the impression their very action-oriented.
My ISTP son is a skateboarder. Before that he was into trick bikes, and before that it was skating.

You don't sound like a S type to me, but then again, I didn't know that was in question.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Ah. I guess I didn't know you were a girl, btw.

ISTP females might be pretty different from the males, but I was under the impression their very action-oriented.
My ISTP son is a skateboarder. Before that he was into trick bikes, and before that it was skating.

You don't sound like a S type to me, but then again, I didn't know that was in question.

Well, I do pace a lot. I guess I didn't mention that I need room to pace to think, though that may not have much to do with anything.

I guess I'm not very 'action oriented' at all. Most of the 'action' I'll do is with my hands, not with my whole body, even though my hands are very busy. If neither my hands or my brain is busy, I'm not happy.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Well, I do pace a lot. I guess I didn't mention that I need room to pace to think, though that may not have much to do with anything.

I guess I'm not very 'action oriented' at all. Most of the 'action' I'll do is with my hands, not with my whole body, even though my hands are very busy. If neither my hands or my brain is busy, I'm not happy.
What do you do with your hands?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
What do you do with your hands?

Write, draw, type, knit, crochet, all sorts of crafts...

I dunno. I draw through most of my classes when I can get away with it. I go through a lot of paper.

MBTI Type
INxJ
When I first came here, I had almost been expelled from school for something very stupid.

If you're too busy taking photographs of a place you're not enjoying it. Taking time out to Stand aside for photos of people against the backdrop of a nice place is that much time you're not looking at all the things there.

I can act loud and stupid sometimes, but I'm probably enjoying myself doing this. I can't really consider myself to be acting like 'not myself to fit in' because I am acting like myself, just a different part.

Hap, this alone says xSxP.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your dissection of yourself in terms of wording and writing style remind me a lot of thechosenone, who is pretty ISTP. You're probably borderline ISTP/ESTP.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not 100%, but so far I'm getting the feeling that you are T over F. If you have Fi, it's currently not a dominant position. I'm not feeling 'Fe' too much, but that's more a subjective thing. Fe tends to strike a dissonance in me (for the record, I tend to like dissonant music) so I can't put that as a primary position either.

I'm certainly not seeing ISFP over ISTP. INFJ instead of INTJ... that's possible, especially if you had over developed Ti.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
If I don't feel like I have a direction, but I certainly look like it, would that be Ni + Je?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ Who knows? Maybe?

Ascribing thoughts/actions/appearances to particular functions is kind of iffy at best. It could be any function, or any combination of functions, or it could be due to some mental process totally unexplained by Jung or his functional system. Be careful not to get carried away with the functional explanations.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I've been looking at some ISTP profiles.

I guess a lot of the things sound familiar but a lot of things don't, and some of them (okay, a lot of them) probably have to do with my odd fear of injury.

I guess it would be an odd combination. Some stuff that happened when I was about three scared me off of bikes -- I never did learn to ride, even though I tried, which I guess would seem pretty opposite an ISTP. However I have always drawn, knitted, and done all sorts of knotworking things, and got into some woodworking and glassmaking. I guess these are pretty tame, though.

Another thing: I do usually make plans, though often my whims get the better of me and they have a habit of changing. My planning tendencies seem to be, plan a little --> change on a whim, plan some more --> change another thing because it doesn't seem right, plan some more --> tweak again, throw out the plan, come up with something else basic --> etc. I've never seen this described in any MBTI profile, so I don't know what to make of it. However, I've made a habit of making sure important things happen on time, one way or another.

I also think I'm feeling a bit lost right now, because I'm not working on anything in particular...

maliafee

After reading the below, I feel absolutely sure you are an INFJ.

Malia

Please. I'll try to put together an accurate picture of me. I think people on this forum had the wrong idea of me...

1. Above all, I like to make up and tell stories, whether it's out loud to friends, writing novels, drawing comics, etc. I guess this is the biggest part of my personality that people will notice. I have a hard time making stories of things that actually happen unless I'm allowed to take generous liberties, though.

2. I must be prompted to remember things, and the things I remember most easily are things that have a sequence that make sense (like a historical timeline) or some kind of webbed relationship to each other. Trivia is absolutely impossible for me, as is putting me on the spot to try to remember something that fits X criteria. This makes me worry for my future college essays.

3. I usually finish things in a timely fashion. However, no matter how much I get done, I always feel like I haven't done enough.

4. I guess I find it hard to relate to people. This certainly does not mean that I lack sympathy, but I guess that I don't have a lot of empathy? Or perhaps it's not that I can't relate but that I don't put any importance on being able to relate and therefore don't notice.

5. I don't have many friends and am quiet with people I don't know well, but I love my writing and work to be noticed by lots of people.

6. I am usually content either talking if there's something interesting to talk about or not talking at all, but if I don't talk I want to be able to do something with that time, like write or work. I write a lot in restaurants and other public places where one 'should' be talking. I guess my parents indulged me a lot on this when I was little, because at least it kept me quiet and well-behaved, but I've noticed that some people find this very rude.

7. I try not to worry about small things but instead can end up worrying about things I can do nothing about.

8. I find it very difficult to concentrate on doing anything in the winter. Thus the 'winter' is usually a sort of creative slump when I can only focus long enough to draw some crappy comics. I really hate the winter.

9. I'm listening to "Pruit Igoe" by Philip Glass right now. I listened to the whole Koyaanisqatsi soundtrack earlier and I noticed that it made me feel lightheaded. I think there's something about the music that's disorienting.

Can you make anything of this? Feel free to ask me more questions.

Thank you.