• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Top favorite star wars movie

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Probably because they were already dead in the continuity -- but yeah, I enjoyed them. I would follow Cassian and Jyn Erso anywhere, along with their ragtag crew. They felt refreshingly honest (even to the degree of being besmirched), and full of candor, and they were the only ones really able to embrace what it meant to be a rebel. It became apparent that most of the rebel forces were just playing at being rebellious.

I think it is because the entire franchise (film) is so stinking "high level" that EVERYTHING is glossed over. I touched on this in another thread, anything on the broad level is so glossy and generalized -- "The First Order rules everything" without any explanations as to how, for example. Or take George's silly political and economics commentary which is both boring and silly. The films don't seem to care about the day to day practicalities of actual life and individual trials and involvement, it sits so high in its concepts that awareness of the details is lost.

Compare that to the first four seasons of game of Thrones which took a very slow pace but really cared about the detail level of interactions among the characters and even cultural forces.

definitely.

Yup. But those are not the stories they want to tell. Droids are basically cute side-dressing, not Westworld creations struggling for autonomy and awareness and freedom from their irrational human creators.

I am hoping the move away from trilogies will allow room for more one-shot films that can explore deeper concepts (deep dive) set in the Star Wars mythos. I know I keep harping on the game franchises, but I'm serious that the storylines in the videogames are far more thoughtful and real.

It's so cool to feel not alone on this. I like the SW RPG for the ability to explore this kind of stuff in a campaign setting, but it's hard to find players who want to go of film like this. :( And the parent companies have such a lock down on the IPR that its hard to get new ideas published into it. Which makes even less sense because in a shameless cash grab doesnt it make sense to you know, grab cash? but Nooooooooo. Suddenly theyre all full of artistic integrity and couldnt risk damaging their precious cookie cutter 2d franchise @_@

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have determined that the first season of Chewbacca's cooking show would be "Wookies Cookies Bake-a-rama: Cooking fur fun & profit."

The Cat

Staff member
I think Holiday Special has some value. It adds some unique elements to the lore like Boba Fett and Wookiee cultural traditions and builds the universe with some excruciatingly campy “slice of life” moments. It also shows us Luke’s pastime of wearing ladies makeup

It was also a glimpse into some of the darker aspects of the commercial success of the franchise. I would have rather instead of being embarressed by it and never speaking of it again, they'd practiced and polished the idea to the point that we could have a wider spectrum of entertainment today.

The Cat

Staff member
I have determined that the first season of Chewbacca's cooking show would be "Wookies Cookies Bake-a-rama: Cooking fur fun & profit."

Goodmorning Tatooine. With Chonda and Wyxxie. With a spunky Toydarian and a charismatic local news level smarmy Hutt.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Goodmorning Tatooine. With Chonda and Wyxxie. With a spunky Toydarian and a charismatic local news level smarmy Hutt.

Maybe we could also have a detective show with two droids as sidekicks, kinda like Data on STTNG with his holodeck pasttimes.
And of course all the droids to is bicker all the time as they investigate things like spice smuggling and bantha theft.

The Cat

Staff member
Maybe we could also have a detective show with two droids as sidekicks, kinda like Data on STTNG with his holodeck pasttimes.
And of course all the droids to is bicker all the time as they investigate things like spice smuggling and bantha theft.

In the Imperial justice system, the people are represented by two separate but equally important groups: The Imperial Officers, who investigate crime, and the Sector Moffs, who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories. DUN DUN

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
51uIXTHm5mL._SX379_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sigh, I knew it was such a low-hanging pun that someone probably already had stolen the idea...

The Cat

Staff member
sigh, I knew it was such a low-hanging pun that someone probably already had stolen the idea...

At least it wasnt a coffee table book about hutts wearing tight pants under palm trees called thicc hutt butts under coconuts. :shock:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Most of the people I like have complex and developed ideas about Star Wars. It's funny but even though I've watched all the movies multiple times, I like the movies well enough, there is some way that I cannot create any internal expectations about it. I do notice the character development tends to be shallow, but they aren't psychological dramas, but action movies about large-scale societies and so forth. I usually feel like it was fun, tend to remember the funny parts, but never feel any particular disappointment. It might be a Se thing. I take them for what they are, but it puts me a bit outside friendship for the cultures I tend to interact.

My favorite one is "Empire Strikes Back" because of hanging out with Yoda in the swamp. I like when you can see his cute little bum. Yes, this is why I won't ever be paid to be a movie critic.

yoda+butt.bmp

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My favorite one is "Empire Strikes Back" because of hanging out with Yoda in the swamp. I like when you can see his cute little bum. Yes, this is why I won't ever be paid to be a movie critic.

yoda+butt.bmp

Well i guess there is still a future for you in soft Yoda smut at least :smile:

So:
- Wookie cooking
- Droid detectives
- Yoda/Hutt eroticism

we've got a whole galaxy of merchandising out there to explore!

The Cat

Staff member

So:
- Wookie cooking
- Droid detectives
- Yoda/Hutt eroticism

Just once I want to go to a junk dealer in Tattoonine and see a Sexy Storm Trooper pin up caleder (like the fighter fighters do) or a Glaactic Playboy lying around Jakku with an article that says Girls of the First Order featuring Captain Phasma Somehwere in a galaxy far far away the Emporoer broods over the boudoir pictures he had done back when when he was a student on Naboo before the vericose veins of the darkside ruined his modeling career before it started. :shock:

- - - Updated - - -

So:
- Wookie cooking
- Droid detectives
- Yoda/Hutt eroticism

and we didnt even have to put mouse ears on any of it!

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dexter’s Diner: A Star Wars Story
Sy Snoodles and the Cruisers

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Revised list -- now with The Rise of Skywalker!

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Rogue One
3. Force Awakens
4. The Last Jedi
5. Revenge Of The Sith
6. A New Hope
7. Return Of The Jedi
8. Solo
9. The Rise of Skywalker
10. Attack Of The Clones
11. The Phantom Menace
12. Star Wars Christmas Special

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Revised list -- now with The Rise of Skywalker!

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Rogue One
3. Force Awakens
4. The Last Jedi
5. Revenge Of The Sith
6. A New Hope
7. Return Of The Jedi
8. Solo
9. The Rise of Skywalker
10. Attack Of The Clones
11. The Phantom Menace
12. Star Wars Christmas Special

Well, it's better than the Christmas Special. That's something to look forward to.