• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Sports Random Thought Thread

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
okay on a sidenote seriously

can we just take a moment to say Baker Mayfield has just, the PERFECT energy to be the leader of the Cleveland Browns?

like his personality is just soooo fit. I love the match there actually. I hope he has some success dammit.

I couldn't stand him at Oklahoma, tbh. I only rooted for OU when they played Texas (I do not like the Longhorns). Now, I actually like his trajectory with the Browns.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I couldn't stand him at Oklahoma, tbh. I only rooted for OU when they played Texas (I do not like the Longhorns). Now, I actually like his trajectory with the Browns.

I actually love Baker Mayfield and his flag plant was one of the best SWAG moves I've ever seen in sports. That said, Nick Bosa totally got him back on that Monday night game last year -- that was kinda epic as well. I love Baker's bravado and brash exterior, he just has to start producing consistently. You see flashes, but just not a consistent showing of what he's capable of. I attribute that largely to the coach carousel he has forced to deal with, but still. I want him to be the next Drew Brees in terms of being a successful undersized QB, but I'm not sure if that's gonna a happen. Kevin Stefanski seems to be a pretty good head coach, though.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I actually love Baker Mayfield and his flag plant was one of the best SWAG moves I've ever seen in sports. That said, Nick Bosa totally got him back on that Monday night game last year -- that was kinda epic as well. I love Baker's bravado and brash exterior, he just has to start producing consistently. You see flashes, but just not a consistent showing of what he's capable of. I attribute that largely to the coach carousel he has forced to deal with, but still. I want him to be the next Drew Brees in terms of being a successful undersized QB, but I'm not sure if that's gonna a happen. Kevin Stefanski seems to be a pretty good head coach, though.

OBJ is also a locker room destructor. Stop overpaying primadonna assholes NFL!!!

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
OBJ is also a locker room destructor. Stop overpaying primadonna assholes NFL!!!

This dude really said he's built different when asked about COVID lmfao. What did he say, "There's a mutual respect there", or something? This dude cracks me up, I can't even lie.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

I think he's cleaned up his act a bit, at least publically, but for whatever reason him and Baker can't seem to get on the same page. Last year I think the team was too distracted by his star power and the attention he commands, but this year under Stefanski it seems that is much less of an issue. That said, I think the era of the #1 highly paid receiver is over. Of all those teams with $20+ million dollar a year receivers, which are actually competing for superbowls? None I can think of.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This dude really said he's built different when asked about COVID lmfao. What did he say, "There's a mutual respect there", or something? This dude cracks me up, I can't even lie.

Oh they are entertaining its just... damn lol

- - - Updated - - -

I think he's cleaned up his act a bit, at least publically, but for whatever reason him and Baker can't seem to get on the same page. Last year I think the team was too distracted by his star power and the attention he commands, but this year under Stefanski it seems that is much less of an issue. That said, I think the era of the #1 highly paid receiver is over. Of all those teams with $20+ million dollar a year receivers, which are actually competing for superbowls? None I can think of.

Watch a Browns game and JUST watch OBJ. He does NOT play every down and apply all the effort if he doesn't think he'll look great while he does it. That attitude seriously costs some plays. He sometimes quits halfway through and it's just bullshit man.

- - - Updated - - -

also kudos to yall I am probably gonna LIVE here lol.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

Absolute beauty.

Edit: Oh wow, I didn't even see this. Damn. Straight up savage.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you're the Brooklyn Nets, do you try to get a third superstar, or are you confident enough that guys like Caris LeVert and Spencer Dinwiddie can be a great supporting cast for KD and Kyrie? I've been wondering about this a lot, and with KD coming back, the Nets are definitely a top 5 seed, minimum, in the East. I really think the Nets have some underrated depth, personally, and if I'm their front office, I want to bet on developing their younger guys and bench guys first before trying to go for a third superstar. Plus, Kyrie and KD have some...shall we say, personality reputations, and while the very scant signs so far have been positive, I want to see how well they work together before trying to add a third superstar to a potentially explosive mix.

[MENTION=13112]Stigmata[/MENTION] I'm tagging you here, what do you think?

Truthfully, I've been pretty disenchanted with the NBA for awhile. All the free-agency moves just kind of ruin any sort of sense of continuity that makes it interesting, such as franchise rivalries and such. That said, I think the KD/Kyrie Nets is going to be a disaster of Hollywood proportions. Just the interview with Kyrie after the hiring of Steve Nash, saying "we really don't need a coach", blah blah blah, further lets me know this is going to fail and fail epicly. Kyrie and KD's collective ego will serve as the 3rd star while contributing nothing to the game outside of interesting sound bites and ESPN headlines.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Baker never comes off as a ball lick to me. Not sure why this is. My Ohio husband of course is a Browns fan4life so I had no option but to kind of like him too and he grew on me.

When I come home from the store and I have a bunch of bags, I come to the door and yell for my husband..

EMMY!!! BOBBY!! I CAN'T FEEL MY FIN-GARS!

He might look at me like this :dry: but I heard him giggling.

Because the Lions are....the Lions, I feel I'm well within my right to adopt any other team in the NFC North. I probably don't need to elaborate on that.

tenor.gif

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's looking like you were right about Da Bears, [MENTION=13112]Stigmata[/MENTION].

Also:

Who would win in a fight?

Gritty?

50_111418_PhiladelphiaFlyersStock_.4fb67d3e.fill-735x490.jpg

Or the Phanatic?

VSITTPXFH5CLNMNBPVJMXEMJEI.jpg

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Baker never comes off as a ball lick to me. Not sure why this is. My Ohio husband of course is a Browns fan4life so I had no option but to kind of like him too and he grew on me.

When I come home from the store and I have a bunch of bags, I come to the door and yell for my husband..

Because the Lions are....the Lions, I feel I'm well within my right to adopt any other team in the NFC North. I probably don't need to elaborate on that.

tenor.gif

Can't say I blame you. Your alternatives are Captain Kirk, who if you were trapped in one of those life or death games from the Saw series, where Kirk had to win a primetime game or two buzzsaws would come converging on top of you, you'd best get to saying your final goodbyes, OR Da Bears who seemed to be cursed with being perpetually regulated to poor quarterback play (I'm still kind of Nick Foles stan for the 2017 Eagles playoffs, but even I'm starting to recognize his shortcomings. Stefanksi seems to be reigning Baker in a bit versus last year when Freddie Kitchens just kind of let him be a douchebag to reporters who asked dumb questions after they just got stomped out on the field. I hope he continues to progress -- He's like a better, much less obnoxious Johnny Manziel without the palatable air of privilege.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

tenor.gif

I am sorry for your team being so bad.

I was a Dolphins fan. through the almost winless years...I quit calling myself a fan after the Jonathan Martin incident. Was disgusted and never looked back to them.

In turn I started cheering for the Seahawks and then Mahomes was just fucking cool so yeah. XD

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I am sorry for your team being so bad.

I was a Dolphins fan. through the almost winless years...I quit calling myself a fan after the Jonathan Martin incident. Was disgusted and never looked back to them.

In turn I started cheering for the Seahawks and then Mahomes was just fucking cool so yeah. XD

He had some mental issues - stemming from football. I don't think he did anything more than the IG post. I don't know why that's disgusting tho.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He had some mental issues - stemming from football. I don't think he did anything more than the IG post. I don't know why that's disgusting tho.

No what disgusted me is the Dolphins organization allowed it to happen and didn't really care about the dude who pushed this guy over an edge and threatened the dude's mother.

Like for real - it was a very ugly look.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
No what disgusted me is the Dolphins organization allowed it to happen and didn't really care about the dude who pushed this guy over an edge and threatened the dude's mother.

Like for real - it was a very ugly look.

Oh. Well I agree Richie Incognito should not be walking around in society unsupervised, let alone play football. That motherfucker wanted the funeral home to decapitate his father's body and give him the head.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh. Well I agree Richie Incognito should not be walking around in society unsupervised, let alone play football. That motherfucker wanted the funeral home to decapitate his father's body and give him the head.

That dude is a certified nutcase. It seems as if the Raiders have managed to keep him somewhat contained, but that dude is legitimately disturbed. The details of the Jonathan Martin deal are pretty shameful when you learn that none of the coaching staff really seemed to care.