• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Self Actualization process.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“On my path in life, I have always searched for wisdom and truth on the path of actualizing myself to the best of my ability.

We all have been programmed since birth with societal, peer, and parental expectations, ideals, values, mores, and norms.

Part of the reconditioning process is discovering your inner self. When you discover your own universe, you discover your gift.

You learn to let go of societal norms that are more on the surface and find deeper, and truer values to be and become.

One shifts out of their societal masks and become authentic, genuine, transparent and honest to your soul as well as your interactions with others in society.

You learn that truly the kingdom of heaven is within. You have found your unique gift, recognize our interconnectedness with all of life and share your gift to make this a better world.

In the process you let go of an over preoccupation with false values such as sex, beauty, wealth, fame, power, and violence that puts a glamour on people white not awake.” LightSun

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
#Path #Enlightenment #selfactualization #insight

I like the Hinduism saying, “That there are many paths to the top of the mountain.” We are all in different life paths with different lessons to learn.

It’s another reason I’ve begun to question, to me harmful wives tales, false positivisms and any faulty religious verse I find. I take the best of secular and religious wisdom.

In both I find egregious all or nothing thinking, black and white thinking and generalizations. These are harmful in they help to stigmatize people going through real life issues.

I don’t believe anyone becomes fully enlightened or self actualized. It’s a spectrum. That means even Buddha was not fully enlightened or actualized.

Hypothetically if he’d lived longer, he may have been even more actualized. I also don’t believe anyone can save us but ourselves as Buddha wrote, “No one can save you. No one can walk your path but you, yourself.”

For myself I write, “In my life path, it is a journey of self discovery. I by the gift of hard critical reason and judicious discernment begin to unravel the false values and norms of parental, peer and societal expectations.

Rather I know myself on a deeper level. I continue through due diligence and attention to mindfulness and using the gift of insight I have grown deeper and wiser.

On my life path, I will never know to much and never stop growing in both my depth and breadth of understanding of myself, others and the world we live in.” LightSun

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“In growing up we need a healthy self concept or ego. However if we are to evolve we find the ego is supported by parental, peer and societal expectations, values, norms, ideals and values.

We live in a world of false values. If any of these are taken out of moderation, they shed light on somebody not yet fully awake.

These include sex, beauty, violence, wealth, power, and fame. This is ego. It’s a social mask. It does not signify deeper understanding of a gift, or deeper true self.

The process of self actualizing is disseminating these values incorporated into our unconscious belief system. If we pursue a path of self discovery, one will understand a deeper self.

This hidden truer self transcends those values that are not in keeping with one’s own internal moral compass.

We discover a gift we have. When doing this gift we achieve a flow state which is effortless and feel a sense of timelessness. Once we discover our truer calling we share our gift with others for the betterment of mankind.

In this sense a shell of one’s own ego is likened to a caterpillar. Discovering one’s inner, truer sense one achieves becoming a butterfly.

In this sense the ego does not die. It just evolves and matures to a deeper concept of oneself.” LightSun