• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Clash of the NPs

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hey guys! Did lots of research but am still not sure of my MBTI! Tests and typers around the web have given me INFP, ENFP and ENTP. What gets confusing is that I thought I was introverted(quiet, preferring to have a few close friends, liking lots of alone time), but a lot of typers see more Ne than Fi/Ti. I think the biggest debate is Fi vs Fe because of overlaps(wanting peace, empathy). So here we go again.

How old are you? What's your gender? Give us a general description of yourself.

18 year old female from Maine/US. Overall as a person I'm quiet, easygoing, open-minded, witty, and imaginative

Is there a medical diagnosis that impact your mental/comportamental stability somehow?

Been dealing with anxiety.

Describe your upbringing. Did it have any kind of religious or structured influence? How did you respond to it?

My upbringing started off lax. An only child in a small town, no real religious influence. But then my mother became an alcoholic and we fought a lot, which gave me anxiety later because of bad memories. But in high school I got a stepfamily and things were calm again.

What do you do as a job or as a career (if you have one)? Do you like it? Why or why not?

I'm a student, but I'm majoring in graphic design. It's fascinating seeing how everyday things like mugs, t-shirts, and stickers are made, and I get to be creative.

If you had to spend an entire weekend by yourself, how would you feel? Would you feel lonely or refreshed?

Hmm. The first day I'd feel refreshed, having the house to myself. But the next day, it would hit me that I'm alone, and I'd get lonely. I still live with my family, so that might influence it. A weekend by myself technically hasn't happened yet, but I used to live in a dorm and I liked lots of alone time.

What is your relation with movement and your surroundings? For instance do you prefer a sport or outdoors event? If an outdoors event what is it? And why? If not what type of activities do you tend to engage in?

Not a fan of sports-some are fun, but I'm clumsy at them. I enjoy both indoor and outdoors activities. Indoors I like gaming, jamming to music, reading, cooking, and art. Outdoors I like nature trails, swinging on swings, and gardening. Movement? Eh, I pace a lot, helps me think.

How curious are you? Do you have more ideas then you can execute? What are your curiosities about? What are your ideas about - is it environmental or conceptual, and can you please elaborate?

Pretty curious! I enjoy trying new things/adventure, and I try to keep a "I'll try anything once" attitude, which mostly works. When I'm interested in a topic, I soak it all up(Right now it's personality theorem :) ). I like discussing opinions with people-favorite food, favorite seasons, favorite characters, etc. And then there's just random moments where I wonder when things are invented. :newwink: As spacey/daydreamy as I am, I'm interested in what people around me are up to, what the environment is like, so I like to check those things out.

Would you enjoy taking on a leadership position? Do you think you would be good at it? What would your leadership style be?

I'd try it. I'm not very large and in charge, but if whatever I'm leading interested me(like a school club), I'd be interested. A small group would be preferable. I think I'd be good at brainstorming ideas and making sure everyone was being treated fairly, but not so good at micromanagement. I'd get shy, but having ideas to go off of helps.

Are you coordinated? Why do you feel as if you are or are not? Do you enjoy working with your hands in some form? Describe your activity?

I mean, working with my hands can be satisfying, like doing crafts or cooking. But I'm not really that coordinated. I can barely flip eggs, miss balls that are thrown at me, can barely throw a ball, can't even snap my fingers, etc.

Are you artistic? If yes, describe your art? If you are not particular artistic but can appreciate art please likewise describe what forms of art you enjoy. Please explain your answer.

I'd say so. I'm good at most crafts and am good at drawing people. I chose an artistic major of course. I'm not really devoted to one thing though, I just bounce around art forms when the inspiration strikes, whether it's cake decorating or cosplay. I definitely appreciate art too-moodboards, music(I like practically all genres), film(Studio Ghibli!), paintings, a bunch.

What's your opinion about the past, present, and future? How do you deal with them?

The past is pretty cool when it comes to nostalgia, but it gives me anxiety, plus we can't just follow mindless traditions. The present, I say savor it, but I'm not that present in the present. The future is something I plan for, dream of, whether that's a dream job, a dream house, a dream marriage, etc.

How do you act when others request your help to do something (anything)? If you would decide to help them, why would you do so?

I'm probably going to help them! I just like surprising people, making them happy. Don't use me and we're good.

Do you need logical consistency in your life?

Yeah, I want to understand things, to know how they work.

How important is efficiency and productivity to you?

Important in theory, not well executed. I'm pretty disorganized and forgetful. I plan, but it's usually loose plans, like "Finish this by 7 so you have time to do this until 8". They're not always executed either. Or, I'll plan ahead for something like a creative project or date because I'll be excited and full of ideas.

Do you control others, even if indirectly? How and why do you do that?

I don't think so? The only thing I can think of is with exes because it's hard for me to let go. But I don't try to.

What are your hobbies? Why do you like them?

I like video games because I get to navigate a whole new fantasy world and board games for the mental challenge and friendly competition. I like cooking/baking because it combines my love of cultures and art, and I like transforming ingredients, seeing what works together. I like TV, especially cooking competitions because I like to imagine what I'd make, medical shows(Mystery!), and my favorite cartoon, Total Drama(Lots of characters, funny competitions). I listen to lots of music-it helps me think, and I get immersed in the story, the beat. I mentioned I liked art earlier. Besides personality theorem, history and cultures are my favorite things to read about because I like seeing how things like fashion, technology, and science have changed over time.

What is your learning style? What kind of learning environments do you struggle with most? Why do you like/struggle with these learning styles? Do you prefer classes involving memorization, logic, creativity, or your physical senses?

Lectures are hard for me, I keep spacing out. If there's creativity involved, I work best because I feel inspired. I don't mind memorization, especially with languages, which was something I was very good at in school. With something hands on, like cooking or learning a program, I learn well by experimenting.

How good are you at strategizing? Do you easily break up projects into manageable tasks? Or do you have a tendency to wing projects and improvise as you go?

Ehh, I just wing it basically. Let the ideas flow and improvise.

What's important to you and why?

As a person, it's important for me to be open-minded, knowledgable, and generous. Open-minded so I can be accepting of people/ ideas and try new things, knowleagble to understand the world and others, and generous because I simply like to make others happy. It's important for me to have steady relationships, to have someone loyal. It's important for me to be inspired-by new experiences, by art, by stories-it gets me going. Ambition and being financially stable.

What are your aspirations?

I aspire to travel since I'm interested in different cultures. I simply want to get good grades. Besides a graphic designer, other career ideas are a chef or doctor. Chef because I like cooking, doctor because I like the mystery of putting together the symptoms and coming up with a diagnosis. I want to find a skill to master, perhaps a language or cooking.

What are your fears? What makes you uncomfortable? What do you hate? Why?

I fear incompetency/wasting my potential-guess it's the perfectionist side of me. I fear conflict and it makes me uncomfortable. Even if I'm not in it, it's like I pick up on the emotions of the conflict. I fear missing opportunity-hey, life is short. Idk if phobias count, but I'm pretty scared of fire and crowds. I hate manipulativeness and people being judgemental.

What do the "highs" in your life look like?

Being full of energy and inspiration. Smiling for no reason.

What do the "lows" in your life look like?

I get tense inside, cooping myself up in my own little bubble. Or, I'll have a constant sinking feeling. Life feels meaningless.

How attached are you to reality? Do you daydream often, or do you pay attention to what's around you? If you do daydream, are you aware of your surroundings while you do so?

I am pretty daydreamy, lost in my own little world. I just like to put in my earbuds and blast music while I daydream. I do zone out a lot, but I'm also usually the first one to notice a sudden noise, like a phone ringing. If I'm going somewhere special, of course I'll pay more attention to the environment, but I'll still be a little daydreamy.

Imagine you are alone in a blank, empty room. There is nothing for you to do and no one to talk to. What do you think about?

Surely I could pace around or something. I'd do that, and I'd probably get anxious but distract myself with happy thoughts(thoughts of a crush, a favorite show)

How long do you take to make an important decision? And do you change your mind once you've made it?

A while, I've always been indecisive. The easiest decisions come from inspiration. But yeah, so many things run through my mind while making an important decision, like when I was choosing a college. Do these programs inspire me? Are they useful in the long run? Which school is cheaper? Can we drive like this everyday? I remain flexible after I've made a decision.

How long do you take to process your emotions? How important are emotions in your life?

A while, I take time to reflect. Sometimes they're blurry, sometimes they're intense. I do try to stay calm and logical in arguments(Mostly), and if someone is talking about something like politics, I'm usually more objective and will listen along and/or throw them facts. But emotions are definitely important when it comes to romance, being caring and overall being kind.

Do you ever catch yourself agreeing with others just to appease them and keep the conversation going? How often? Why?

Nod along yeah. I am a peaceful person, although I do like to offer different points of view and sometimes debate.

Do you break rules often? Do you think authority should be challenged, or that they know better? If you do break rules, why would you?

Not too often, more bend the rules. But if I find them dumb enough, I'll probably break them. I'm no troublemaker though, but if it doesn't hurt anyone, then what the hey?

What is the ideal life, in your opinion?

A life of being able to try new things, going new places, having good friends, and enjoying simple comforts and pleasures(bingewatching series, gaming for hours, hot cocoa)

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I strongly think you are xNFP, but it's hard to tell whether I or E. I would guess INFP, I think, but ENFPs are said to be the most introverted extroverts. Your last answer especially makes me think Si is higher in your stack than Te.

Maybe this will help: From A Quick Guide To Double-Checking Your Type

Which of these do you identify with more?
  • Initiating types are more comfortable with making the first contact and establishing role relationships. They like to engage others in interaction and conversation and are more fast paced.
  • Responding types are more comfortable letting others initiate contact and accepting the roles established by others. They are more slow paced and are comfortable with silence.

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Sound INFP. XNFP most likely.. but since you say you're 'clumsy' and from my experience ENFPs are quite athletic and coordinated, I'd edge away from that.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sound INFP. XNFP most likely.. but since you say you're 'clumsy' and from my experience ENFPs are quite athletic and coordinated, I'd edge away from that.

Se blindspot can definitely be a cause for clumsiness in INXPs.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=35566]Luminous[/MENTION] I relate to responding more ^.^

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=35566]Luminous[/MENTION] I relate to responding more ^.^

Welcome to the INFP Club!

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm thinking XNFP as well. As you get older and out on your own more, you may be able to fine tune the "X" some more.
Another thing I see others recommend, is to ask yourself "Which do I prefer when I'm healthiest?" (Mentally and physically)

I see these questionnaires a lot on here. Where are y'all finding them?

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Thanks [MENTION=38590]Zhaylin[/MENTION]! This particular questionnaire I found on Reddit, but there's a thread of them in this forum ^.^

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oooh. Thanks, Robot! Seems I need to explore the site a bit more :D