• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Submitted for your consideration...

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Seriously though. If you learn that a place you eat is doing dynamic pricing... give them what for. Show them you wont put up with it by not eating there till they're disabused of the idea. Get your friends and family to stop eating there if you can. At a certain point enough has to be enough. If they want our commerce they need to stop trying to rob us.

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
^ Yep.

That dynamic pricing stuff is outrageous. It seems big corporations always use technology to increase profits. I mean, the whole enabler for this thing is electronic menu boards that are easy to change. So instead of just taking that win on convenience, it becomes all about how to profit from it.

It doesn't bother me that much as I will simply refuse to eat at any place that uses it. In an unexpected silver lining, the high levels of inflation at fast food places simply drives me to the grocery store (and forces me to cook) and ends up being good for me (this is even before dynamic pricing).

If only everybody would do the same thing. If this kind of boycotting/behavior change was widely practiced, these outsized price increase would stop in a hurry. Imagine even one month where there was next to no sales during the lunch or supper hour windows at a fast food place due to dynamic pricing. Such pricing would not last long. However, people lack discipline.

The Cat

Staff member

“Only when the last tree has been cut down, the last fish been caught, and the last stream poisoned, will we realize we cannot eat money.” ― Cree Prophecy

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^Lots of people remember this show, few remember how it ended.

Last edited:

The Cat

Staff member
For Anyone curious what it looks like when a state government plays dumb in the face of damnation for profit.
"Truly a 'Mystery'."
Stop pretending you dont know what this is and why.​

The Cat

Staff member
Nothing goes on forever.
Not falls, not you, not I, not love, not life.
Entropy consumes everything.
We all hit bottom, sooner or later.
There are only two possibilities.
If you hit bottom, then you are dead.
If you did not hit bottom, you are still falling and all of this is a dream.
Unless... you are in-between.
Between moments.
Tick, tock.
Tick, tock.
Always running out of time.
Yours is almost used up.
You're between seconds, lost in the infinite possibilities between tick and tock.
Tick, you're alive.
Tock.. Well, it was a good life, but a short one.
Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick--
You're closer now, aren't you.
Yes, I see you are.
But closer to tick or closer to tock?
I don't know.
Only time will tell.

The Cat

Staff member
"Men" who profane the name of the God they claim to worship just to slake their own thirst for murder...are antichrists the very definition of such. They are not men so much as they are but dogs demonstrating loyalty to their true master...the very wickedness they claim to stand against.

The Cat

Staff member
Always remember; or better yet, never forget, that being a clown is serious work.
It takes a lot of mental discipline to get out of bed, put your over sized pants on, stuffing your pockets with nonsense and having some pretty big shoes to fill.
You gotta be in on the joke and willing to be the butt of the joke. You cram yourself into a too small space with too many other jokers just like you, but different enough to feel awkward all crammed in asses to elbows to drive out willingly into the middle of a literal or metaphorical circus, all to dance around and act the fool for the entertainment of a bunch of strangers who spend every day just like you, but arent in on the joke.
They don't realize in this episode of the twilight zone...we're all clowns here.
And when everyone is a clown.
It's serious business.

The Cat

Staff member
I wonder if these games would happen if congress only got paid if the budget passed.​

The Cat

Staff member
Sattire? It's practically a farce.
Come on Blue Team. Just take the ball and carry it over the line, and win the super ball.​