• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random political thought thread.

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
Let's hope so. It would also distract Trump as he is such a petulant child he would have to complain about her opposing him and sling mud at her. Mind you, he never speaks about issues anyhow, so he's probably got time for additional rants.

Tomb1

Indeed, modern civilization is my cup of tea. I can't help but enjoy things like a transportation network, a communications network (the internet), well educated people from universities (who can provide healthcare and technological innovations) etc. etc. All the conveniences of modern life. A state tis needed to organized all those things, plus maintain rule of law (and regulations and taxation) so chaos does not ensue.

It sounds more like you take advantage of all state provided services and opt out were you can. That's fine, but I'd have more respect for you if you just ventured off into the wild and lived totally off your own efforts.
You have poor reading comprehension. I don't take any state provided services. That would create interdependencies. I don't want any strings attached. I am also Anti-State.

When I talk about taking advantages where I find them, I am talking about advantages in business and investing. Even when I was a grunt and worked in the trenches, I was still looking for ways to gain an advantage over my current situation. That's why I've got myself into the position I am.

Anarchy is the most natural to the human condition because the State is essentially a cage. Chaos is what ensues when you put human beings into cages so much of the chaos you fear and hide from is actually the product of the system.

Your "I can't help but enjoy things like....all the conveniences of modern life" leads to the employee trap. What good is throwing money into all the conveniences of modern life when it just keeps you having to live paycheck to paycheck....that means you are always going to be an employee. That self-justification "I can't help but enjoy things like....all the conveniences of modern life" is a mass-produced point of view that keeps the individual running the hamster wheel...with an aim to consume, consume, consume.

Last edited:

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
Your "I can't help but enjoy things like....all the conveniences of modern life" leads to the employee trap. What good is throwing money into all the conveniences of modern life when it just keeps you having to live paycheck to paycheck....that means you are always going to be an employee. That self-justification "I can't help but enjoy things like....all the conveniences of modern life" is a mass-produced point of view that keeps the individual running the hamster wheel...with an aim to consume, consume, consume.
Sounds like pure b.s. I am confident whatever motivates you to 'take advantages of business and investing' are too gain money to throw into all the conveniences of modern life that I do. You're simply too naive to understand how all the things that come from an organized civilization (which requires a state to govern) would not exist if you had your way and we were all anarchists.

All that would lead to would be a rather primitive society of hunter gatherers. It's been done before and it's not that successful.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

For me this has have always been completely absurd and surreal concept: Shutting down the government. I was never in the position that the government is shutting down and I find the concept quite absurd. Government going on the spending diet since it is spending too much ... sure. But complete shutdown is just absurd option in my book. This just shouldn't be possible according the law. Especially since this is in a way the suspension of law.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Sounds like pure b.s. I am confident whatever motivates you to 'take advantages of business and investing' are too gain money to throw into all the conveniences of modern life that I do. You're simply too naive to understand how all the things that come from an organized civilization (which requires a state to govern) would not exist if you had your way and we were all anarchists.

All that would lead to would be a rather primitive society of hunter gatherers. It's been done before and it's not that successful.

Yes, but in all the honesty I think he is just coping with the fact that the Trump is likely to once again become a head of his government. So government as a mechanism has to be "bad". While on the other hand if he is US citizen the odds are that he doesn't know what is truly organized society and what are it's benefits.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I've been reading stories like this for months. I don't think it's going away.

If people are truly pissed off the odds are that this wouldn't go away before campaign fully takes off. Therefore the odds are that the state will go red, just as the polls are suggesting.

After all this is exactly why Putin nudged all of this into another war. Since the topic will evidently cause divisions and causing divisions is his strategy for years. In sense this is the only way he can win anything. Shenanigans 24/7.