• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Music Thoughts Thread

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
fkj looks enfp af, right?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
CASIMER PULASKI DAY IS ONE OF THE SADDEST SONGS I'VE EVER HEARD

junathan

I'm a huge Taylor Swift fan,

And recently I have been thinking about the impact/effect she has on her fans and listeners. Which got me thinking, are the songs she's producing/writing, consider as a way to victimise herself while portraying her exes as evil?

Or her experiences to all the breakups and so called "bad" treatments, are justifiable and are beneficial to her fans?

Any thoughts?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
this list is stupid. https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/david-bowie-albums-ranked-worst-to-best/

How are you going to rank Tonight and Pin-Ups higher than Earthling and Reality?

My own ranking, worst to best:

27. Tonight
26. Pin Ups
25. Hours
24. Never Let Me Down
23. Black Tie, White Noise
22. Tin Machine II
21. David Bowie (1967)
20. Tin Machine
19. The Buddha of Suburbia
18. Outside
17. Space Oddity
16. Earthling
15. Heathen
14. Let's Dance
13. Young Americans
12. The Man Who Sold The World
11. The Next Day
10. Ziggy Stardust
9. Aladdin Sane
8. Diamond Dogs
7. Lodger
6. Low
5. Heroes
4. Blackstar
3. Scary Monsters
2. Hunky Dory
1. Station to Station

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
this list is stupid. https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/david-bowie-albums-ranked-worst-to-best/

How are you going to rank Tonight and Pin-Ups higher than Earthling and Reality?

My own ranking, worst to best:

27. Tonight
26. Pin Ups
25. Hours
24. Never Let Me Down
23. Black Tie, White Noise
22. Tin Machine II
21. David Bowie (1967)
20. Tin Machine
19. The Buddha of Suburbia
18. Outside
17. Space Oddity
16. Earthling
15. Heathen
14. Let's Dance
13. Young Americans
12. The Man Who Sold The World
11. The Next Day
10. Ziggy Stardust
9. Aladdin Sane
8. Diamond Dogs
7. Lodger
6. Low
5. Heroes
4. Blackstar
3. Scary Monsters
2. Hunky Dory
1. Station to Station
I've only really listened to Ziggy Stardust as an album.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Stern then asked about Young’s feelings on not being inducted alongside CSN in 1997, saying he didn’t understand the politics of that decision. “I don’t understand it either, but it’s OK,” Young said. “Crosby, Stills and Nash … are kinda like the core of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young. I was just kinda like a floating satellite. Those guys’ voices made it happen. Those guys are all great songwriters, they’re great singers, they’re great players.” But, he added, “What I want to know is, where the hell is Crazy Horse? That’s rock ’n’ roll.”

Read More:
Neil Young Left Buffalo Springfield and CSNY for the Same Reason | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/nei...-csny/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral
fuck yeah. I always preferred NY and Crazy Horse to the stuff he did with those cokehead hasbeens in CSN :laugh:.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Trans also needs to be recognized as a lost gem in Young's discography. Different from anything else he did, and yet a Neil Young album to the core.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
if you replace a couple tracks on Young Americans and rearrange some of them, you end up with the perfect album. i mean, you could leave all of the ones i cut and just pad it out, but in 1975 there was no way they could've fit all of that on one disc without a significant loss in fidelity, or upping it to a double album. side 1 sequence is already perfect, so I just tweaked side 2 by axing "fame" and "across the universe" in favor of the vastly superior outtakes "It's gonna be me" and "who can I be now?" This results in what would have been the greatest blue eyed soul album ever

young americans
win
fascination
right
somebody up there likes me it's gonna be me
across the universe somebody up there likes me
can you hear me?
fame who can i be now?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am amazed by the bass playing on Talking Heads: 77. Tina Weymouth had only been playing for a couple years when they recorded their first album, and she churns out catchy basslines worthy of motown songs. Her playing is not super complex, but she definitely had an ear for melody, using basslines as a melodic counterpoint in a style similar to aforementioned Motown bassists and John Entwistle.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've recently been listening to the Bowie album Buddha of Suburbia quote a bit. I had previously been dismissive of this one and never gave it a chance. I would probably place it considerably higher on my ranking of his albums than I recently did, possibly slipping into the top 10. It's really that good, a creative rebirth for him after his 80s and tin machine phases. And it's still criminally overlooked

'Untitled No. 1' in particluar is a standout track. Shades of Peter Gabriel and latter day Brian Eno in this song?

Last edited:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Archive.org is a surprisingly good place to find free music. I have found soundtracks, live albums, bootlegs, vinyl transfers, etc. I am surprised that some of the stuff on there doesn't get taken down for copyright violations. I have seen a few big name, major label releases available there in FLAC and/or MP3 format.