• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Movie Thoughts Thread

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
These guys are so insane, they crack me up. All their ranting and raving online. Today someone posted an article about how James Gunn lied about the success of Peacemaker, like it was a huge expose, and they really think Warner will either allow the Snyderverse to finish or license it all to Netflix. (There is more hope for the latter, but not much -- if Netflix can start owning and making profit off Rebel Moon.) They also go on and on about how Rebel Moon was the Best Film That Was Ever Made of All Time. James Gunn for them is like Taylor Swift is for the hard right, nowadays.

1707763822537.png

The Cat

Offering FREE Monkey paws down at the Crossroads.
Staff member
These guys are so insane, they crack me up. All their ranting and raving online. Today someone posted an article about how James Gunn lied about the success of Peacemaker, like it was a huge expose, and they really think Warner will either allow the Snyderverse to finish or license it all to Netflix. (There is more hope for the latter, but not much -- if Netflix can start owning and making profit off Rebel Moon.) They also go on and on about how Rebel Moon was the Best Film That Was Ever Made of All Time. James Gunn for them is like Taylor Swift is for the hard right, nowadays.

View attachment 30218
Are we sure this isnt all Zac Snyder and his production team?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are we sure this isnt all Zac Snyder and his production team?
I doubt it, lol --Snyder seems very happy jusdt making all of his films and doesn't care how they land. He almost all but told people not to watch the early Netflix PG-13 versions because his actual visions of the film aren't releasing until Summer 2024.

I dunno, I think Netflix would have done better just waiting another six months and letting him focus on the real films, not this watered down and edited-to-shit versioning.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Someone on Twitter claimed Heat was a mafia movie. :dry: I mean Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro are in it but...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think at that stage in his life, Arnold was just leaving pro bodybuilding. I think this was his first or one of his first movies.
Yeah I think his last BB thing was in 1980 or so. He had a few smaller roles in non-documentary films but Conan was his breakout role.

It's funny that he's only around 6'2" at most. People think he's taller.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol I saw this guy pleading in the Zack Snyder proselytisers group to upvote and buy this Snyder book. On a hunch, I checked the author's name. It's the same guy.

If his writing matches how awful his posting is, it's a real gem I'm sure...

1000004166.jpg

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lol I saw this guy pleading in the Zack Snyder proselytisers group to upvote and buy this Snyder book. On a hunch, I checked the author's name. It's the same guy.

If his writing matches how awful his posting is, it's a real gem I'm sure...

View attachment 30225
I like the title and cover, complete with a poorly photoshopped crown. Why do you suppose Snyder has such a rabid following? Is it just fans of DC comics who want to prop up the DC cinematic universe, or is it more than that?

Last edited:

The Cat

Staff member
I think as he gets older Brad Pitt would be a good pick for Roland the Gunslinger. I Think Paul Bettany would make a good Man in black.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What do you think of this as a theme? (Not the movie itself.)

I've been revisiting it lately and I like it much more than I did then. I'm a huge Jack White/White Stripes fan, but I was disappointed when I finally heard it. I expected it to sound more like the White Stripes, but it sounds much more like something from his first solo album.

It's kind of weak as a Bond song. Not sure what it's missing but something is off about it. With two great vocalists like that performing together, the final product is a letdown. The Craig era theme songs tend to be either really great or mediocre and no in-between.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Don't get me wrong, I love Pedro Pascal and the other actors here are quite talented.

But I'm just not much feeling this, aside from maybe Kirby being pretty interesting as Susan Richards.

Plus, their release date is July 2025. That seems quite soon for post-production work. I assume Ben Grimm will be CGI as The Thing.

The Cat

Staff member

Don't get me wrong, I love Pedro Pascal and the other actors here are quite talented.

But I'm just not much feeling this, aside from maybe Kirby being pretty interesting as Susan Richards.

Plus, their release date is July 2025. That seems quite soon for post-production work. I assume Ben Grimm will be CGI as The Thing.
Me and a friend were talking about it at work today. apparently they pulled it from his imdb so he wasnt sure it was still happening. We're both kinda worried in so far as much as one worries over these sorts of things.

The Cat

Staff member
The wheel turns as expected and the fantasy reboot has begun to begin again.
I do hope they address the fact that you cant just climb up crystals with bare hands and feet and not get the shit cut out of them.​

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The wheel turns as expected and the fantasy reboot has begun to begin again.
I do hope they address the fact that you cant just climb up crystals with bare hands and feet and not get the shit cut out of them.​
Didn't peg you as a starry eyed optimist

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I want a resurgence of asteroid movies for their optimistic message that the governments of the world would come together to do something about it.

Last edited: