• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pokemon Go

What are your colors?

• Total voters

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I just want to say I think this is a beautiful game.

Not just for what it IS, but for what it can and probably will lead to.

I had a whole lot more written but... I dont... Id rather keep it simple.

I have never seen more people outside than I have in the last few days.

Kids out on bikes, kids out playing catch, kids out chasing pokemon, kids who initially started playing pokemon but... Without realizing it- are enjoying things that diverged from that- that they might not have otherwise.

Its so cool. My mom got a high five the other day from a random kid playing pokemon.

That NEVER would have happened before. It was a silly connection- but... A connection none the less.

Anyways. Yeah. Ill defend this game. At least for now. I think its... Excellent.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The other day I was hunting for pokemon at the park alone because my friends were at work and literally everyone there was playing pokemon go. People everywhere. It was nice just to be around others and chit chat a bit as people walked by. At one point I was hunting for a Staryu and I just couldnt find where it was so I just yelled out for everyone around to hear "DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THIS STARYU IS?" And a girl nearby called back "YEAH IT'S OVER THERE BY THE BRIDGE!!"

I can barely order my own food at restaurants and now I'm learning to interact with strangers in a way that I would usually find morbidly embarrassing but now I feel able to do because I feel a sense of camaraderie with these people, even the ones who are on different teams. We all want the same thing, we all want to have fun and play pokemon, and we're willing to talk to each other and help each other out. I'm usually too scared to say so much as "hi" in passing but now I feel confident enough to walk up to someone and ask "Are you looking for the Magmar too??"

It's pretty neat and it's helping me get more comfortable around people.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not on level 5 yet, but I'm probably going to choose team Valor because my sisters are on that team and it would be fun to worlk together.

Yesterday we went on a walk, and found a dog that escaped and returned it to it's owner. It's like on of those quest things.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's kinda boring, but I'll dick around with it some more. Are there "friends lists" or anything? That'd make it less boring.

Here, have a Pokemon Go meme

alright I gotta find some actually funny ones later

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
And take this, too:

6 Weird Things That Happened Because of Pokemon Go | Mental Floss

4. SOLDIERS CAN "CATCH 'EM ALL" IN ISIS TERRITORY.

An ex-U.S. Marine currently fighting ISIS outside of Mosul, Iraq shared a screenshot of his Pokémon next to a really big gun and challenged the opposition to battle. It's unclear why Squirtle, a water-type Pokémon, would be hanging out in the dry desert, but at least the soldiers have something to do during their downtime.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dont particularly care to play it, just to much going on right now in my personal life. But if we do have some extra time and my son spots one we will drive around a bit so he can catch them. :shrug: groups and hype doesnt realy intrigue me, i do what i want and enjoy whether alone or with a crowd. Usually my focus is on what i am doing and not the crowd or group unless someone needs help, then i will help them.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I know I said I was taking a forum break but I'm logging on just to post this because fuck everyone who shits on players' fun just because they're not into it.

17c9wo.jpg

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
my team suddenly advanced a LOT today

caught my first jigglypuff (!!!) so now i'm a step closer to having my two fave pokemon in my party - vileplume and wigglytuff. i just need to catch 3 more oddish to evolve my baby into gloom.

my eevee ended up evolving into flareon. i was hoping for vaporeon but it's okay, when they start implementing the trade feature i may offer him up for a seel (i have another eevee anyways) because dewgong is my third favorite pokemon.

and my BIG catch of the day (other than jigglypuff and three oddish) was a random god damn victreebel that was just hanging around the building. i don't want her on my team long-term, but i'm sure she'll be good for taking down gyms and also offering to trade and i love all grass pokemon so it's all good.

in conclusion my internship is a pokemon goldmine and i love it

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
My aunts...

Ugh I wanna slug her.

Her facebook. Its just. Its why I dont go on facebook.

Its- you can see the progression of the group think idea.

When all of her friends comment about an idea- there she is- same comment- differently worded- maybe something added that another friend can drag out and make into the next obnoxious subject.

It makes me think- damn. These people must be REAL fun at parties.

I dont really understand. My aunt literally didnt even know about the game until two days ago when my brother and I showed her briefly. And now shes an expert.

I dont know. Its saddening. Why would you just CHOOSE to be so negative and cynical... Because this- this- the people doing this- it is a choice.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fuck I used all my data since I forgot to turn it off when I was at home. Now I will have to connect to all the other WiFi.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What the fuck is wrong with some people?

I was at the park with my friend today catching pokemon and hitting up the poke stops and all of a sudden a guy started screaming to someone on his phone that "there are a hundred fuckin' people on the other side of the bridge just standing there, slaves to their phones, trying to catch a fuckin' pikachu!" His screaming almost gave me a panic attack, someone called the cops, 4 cop cars showed up. There was also a guy driving around and he pulled up next to me just to scream "pokemon sucks!" and drive away.

Why do people have to fucking ruin everything and make me feel unsafe for taking a walk through the park with me friend, getting exercise, talking to and meeting new people just because I'm also playing a fucking game? Why do people have to fucking suck so much?

I talked to people I would literally never have talked to without this game. I wouldn't ever have approached anyone because I'm so shy. Today I let a girl borrow my portable charger because her phone was at 2% and there was a Snorlax on her screen. She caught it, was super grateful, and we talked for a few minutes. She said she felt like she was a fake fan because she was new to pokemon, but we assured her that everyone starts somewhere and that being new doesn't mean she can't be a fan. I talked to a guy about how almost none of us who were there that night would have even left our houses today, gotten exercise and socialized with others if it weren't for this game.

I just fucking hate people. I don't care if people don't like or don't want to play the game. If they're not a fan of it that's cool, then don't play. But after this, and after other incidents I've heard about and witnessed, I think vocal pokemon go haters are mostly just shitty fucking people who hate fun and want to watch the world burn. Literally all we're doing is walking around IN A FUCKING PARK, which is WHAT PARKS ARE FOR, and having fun and talking to people. And what are these haters doing? Making me scared to fucking go outside because I feel like I'm going to be fucking ATTACKED for playing this game.

Jesus fucking christ.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
21lux's Pokemon Go Update Status #5

Trainer Level: 17
Team: Valor
Kilometers Traveled: 34.1

Pokedex (new entries since last update in bold):
Bulbasaur
Charmander
Charmeleon
Caterpie
Metapod
Weedle
Kakuna
Pidgey
Pidgeotto
Pidgeot
Ratatta
Raticate
Spearow
Ekans
Arbok
Pikachu
Sandshrew
Sandslash
Nidoran (F)
Jigglypuff
Zubat
Golbat
Paras
Parasect
Venonat
Venomoth
Diglett
Meowth
Psyduck (hatched)
Mankey
Primeape
Growlithe
Arcanine
Abra
Kadabra
Tentacool
Geodude
Graveler
Ponyta
Rapidash
Doduo
Dodrio
Seel (hatched)
Krabby
Exeggcute
Cubone
Koffing
Rhydon
Chansey
Horsea (hatched)
Staryu
Magmar
Pinsir
Tauros
Magikarp
Eevee
Jolteon
Porygon (hatched)
Omanyte
Kabuto
Snorlax (hatched)

Current Top 3 Pokemon:
Snorlax (1410 CP)
Arcanine (1209 CP)
Pidgeot (778 CP)

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Level 14.

Team valor.

37.5 kilometers.

Goal is 40 by the end of the day.

Still have NOT caught a pikachu...

Apparently my bro caught a whole bunch.

This is not the end of that story.

I do have several meowths though- makes me happy.

And I can almost evolve my squirtle.

Going to go get more donuts- at the tim hortons this time. Variety yo.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ugh now my sisters are playing this while I'm driving and they yell so much and it's distracting.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So what team do I choose...?