• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pokemon Go

What are your colors?

• Total voters

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Imo, it isnt shocking that there is both a [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] and a [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] sounding pokemon. I mean, one or the other might be LESS shocking- but together... Somehow that makes perfect in a *duh it would OBVIOUSLY be that way* sort of way.

To you guys.

image.jpg

image.jpg

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
H96M8Vr.jpg

lc2srCe.jpg

still no snorlax or lapras :( been venturing out to random parks in the suburbs that are big pokemon hotspots.

in related news, a suspected team VALOR teen cough-yelled "blue team is gay" at me after i swooped the gym he beat. another teen told us he was "team vay-lore" in a bratty tone after being asked. they truly are the enemy.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Eskimo...

How do you play this game?

How do I play it? Cut throat pokemonster no mercy gotta catch em all style.

How is the game generally played: casually downloading the app if you have ios and then going out in the world and catching THEM ALL.

In other news. Im a total freak and played for 4 hours today- walked around and hatched a 5k egg and two 2k ones and am half way through another 5.

And I now have THIS.

image.jpg

And time to show off a bit more-

I finally made it to level 23... And Im more than A TENTH of the way to 24.

Starry

How do I play it? Cut throat pokemonster no mercy gotta catch em all style.

How is the game generally played: casually downloading the app if you have ios and then going out in the world and catching THEM ALL.

In other news. Im a total freak and played for 4 hours today- walked around and hatched a 5k egg and two 2k ones and am half way through another 5.

And I now have THIS.

View attachment 16758

And time to show off a bit more-

I finally made it to level 23... And Im more than A TENTH of the way to 24.

I hope it's okay if I ask you more questions about the game. I tried to give the Fi shaming thread a fair chance yesterday and yah don't do that. In spite of it being relatively uneventful I'm still attempting to recover. I only want to participate in these kinds of threads for the rest of my time here haha!

I think this game sounds so great how you are required to go out and do stuff...but do you choose where you want to go...or does the app instruct you to go to a certain place to find pokeman?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I hope it's okay if I ask you more questions about the game. I tried to give the Fi shaming thread a fair chance yesterday and yah don't do that. In spite of it being relatively uneventful I'm still attempting to recover. I only want to participate in these kinds of threads for the rest of my time here haha!

I think this game sounds so great how you are required to go out and do stuff...but do you choose where you want to go...or does the app instruct you to go to a certain place to find pokeman?

Oh well, pokemon can be found pretty much anywhere- but you DO tend to find more of them where there are more people.

There are landmarks that are charted around different locations- things like signs and plaques and stuff which are called pokestops. That parts relaly quite amazing actually- they have like fricking boy scout markers and stuff like that recognized.

Anyways, so those plaques and signs and stuff, the game associates them with poke-stops where you can walk around and collect materials you will need to catch pokemon. The game supplies you with he basics when you start, but it wont last super long without going out SOMEWHERE and stocking up.

I believe you can collect from a pokestop every five minutes... Thats what my brother told me and he said hes read a lot about the game- so I dont distrust that- it feels about right. When you can collect, the stop is blue, when you cant, during the waiting period, its purple. Generally, in busier areas, you can really stay within about a half kilometer-kilometer radius and continuously walk around and collect if you want.

But really, staying in one area isnt the BEST way to play imo...

Because they have ALSO found a way to correlate different pokemon to different areas/biomes. To an extent.

So anyways. You walk around and things will just start appearing in front of you. If you click on it, you will give yourself the option of trying to catch it. And thats where the crap you collected from those blue pokestops comes in- you will be able to attempt to catch it by using one of many balls you get from those stops.

To do that, you just aim at the pokemon- well, you touch the ball at the bottom of your screen- and then swipe up to flick the ball at it- there will be a large white circle around it, shoot the ball in there and you have a chance- there is also going to be a colored circle inside the white one- thats more like the bullseye- and actually the color of THAT circle I believe is supposed to help tell you your chance of catching it- green, good chance, red... Bit less of one.

You may catch it first go, you might not. The higher the numbers above the pokemon that you see when you first tap it determines how difficult it is *supposed to be* to catch. Something like a cp10 is going to be way easier than a cp1500.

Eventually as you go you will start finding duplicates- this is fine though, because the game awards you with candy for duplicates which you can use to eventually evolve that type of pokemon into something even better.

And eventually eventually- I believe level 5- you can use the pokemon you catch to fight for one of three teams, (red:valor, yellow:instinct, or blue:mystic) in gyms.

So yeah. The more you play. The farther you go. The more places you go- outdoor malls, parks, landmarks, college campuses- ect. The more you collect. The more you will catch. And the more fun the game will be.

Anyways. Im going to go through and sorta bold stuff because I feel I was a bit too wordy at some points and might have been disjointed and perhaps a bit hard to follow/non linear- though I sooo tried I just, get ahead of myself sometimes- anyways- Imma go through and bold the most important stuff so... Its a bit less confusing.

No. Tried. Thats too hard. Maybe later. I will spoiler some of it though- that might be easier.

Ok I bolded and spoilered. And thats GOING to be confusing because while this game isnt HARD to figure out really- there are a few different components to it that sorta fluidly work/move together- so yeah. If you have more questions you can of course ask me- I answer questions every day from my mother who says- *well why should I TRY to understand it when I can just have you explain it?!*

:doh:

But really, its no problem at all.

And yes- the thread thing is part of why I dont... Its why I mostly stay in fluff. Unfortunately. I fear I might get a bit... Batty if I let myself react to some of this shit... Seriosuly.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=24643]Eskimo[/MENTION] can confirm, arizona is all sandshrew and growlithe.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
anyone still playing?:blush:

i'm a little over halfway through level 24.
pokémon i still need:

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, just not as much as I'd like until I get a new phone in the near future. My battery has all but worn out recently because it's an ancient device, and can't do GPS apps for long.

A Flareon nicknamed Deevo is my buddy, though. :wubbie:

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
The game is too boring. The game is too grind heavy. Yawn, most of the time, people will be spending their time training by catching Pokemon. The game is too grind heavy. A person doesn't even get to battle human trainers! Battling human players is the best part about Pokemon.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The game is too boring. The game is too grind heavy. Yawn, most of the time, people will be spending their time training by catching Pokemon. The game is too grind heavy. A person doesn't even get to battle human trainers! Battling human players is the best part about Pokemon.

Yeah I wish the battling stuff was more varied.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I wanted to add that training is the least interesting part about Pokemon. I hate it! I was so frekin bored trying to get all the right moves for my Pokemon by breeding and IV and training them to level 100 on the Nintendo handhelds. The real fun is battling other human trainers and the game doesn't even have that. The core mechanics in Pokemon GO is mundane training which is the least interesting aspect about Pokemon GO. A person doesn't even get to battle other players form

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
14 pokemon to go!!!

pokémon i still need:
venusaur (18 candies)
charizard (92 candies)
alakazam (54)
machamp (60)
dewgong (27)
gengar (31)
hitmonchan
weezing (23)
lapras
porygon
omastar (12)
kabutops (23)
snorlax
dragonite (69)

ToniTheSlut

MBTI Type
ENTP
I play. I think it's funny people say, "That game is not cool anymore." Like Pokémon was ever cool. Lol.

That said, I don't play as much anymore and usually just have it on in the background. I live in a pretty secluded area where I encounter maybe one new pokeémon per month. I went through the grind work, catching stupid things then leveling them up with lucky eggs, trying to get 9 10k eggs and hatch them at once. Now with the buddy I walk a magikarp all day because I've never encountered one and only hatched two. I have 84 candies.....

I agree this game is way too grind heavy. I'm content at a level 23. It seems the more you level up, the less your work pays off which isn't a good system imo, nor an incentive to continue investing legit time into the game. I know a kid who used the cheat where you could teleport. Honestly, I think they should incorporate that into the game. Since pokéstops are historical landmarks it would be neat to teleport to Japan and sightsee in a way. Learn about the culture/history in that way.

I currently have 95 pokemon seen, 94 caught. Saw a Hitmonchan and the bastard ran away from me despite using ultra balls and raspberries. Think I caught it twice, and it was a low level CP.

I do have a Snorlax though. TEAM VALOR!

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
any of you nerds still playing? :ninja:

i just started again and need some more friends!!! rep me!

i still don’t have a lapras :cry:

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
any of you nerds still playing? :ninja:

i just started again and need some more friends!!! rep me!

i still don’t have a lapras :cry:
Lol Ill be your friend!!

Rep me too guys! I need more friends as well!