• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Overly Expressive Face OEF ;oP

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This hilarious problem is the opposite of "Bitchy Resting Face". I know there was a thread about that also, so I wanted to put this in the same forum. I hope this is close enough. It's kinda psychology, but also hilarity. I actually do have this problem. What about you? Feel free to post visual and anecdotal evidence of your claim.

23 things only people with an overly expressive face will understand | Metro News

kristen-wiig-awkward-face-e1445696977356.jpg

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Can't say I've ever had that problem lol. My face hardly shows anything. That .gif of Thirteen is relatively uncommon, though. Her face really isn't all that expressive on the show.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I wish I wasn't on my phone I have a good photo of my emotions betraying me. But yes I have this problem Lucky for me I'm usually very happy. I remember scorching an HSP coworker with a glance one time and thinking to myself: Well I just did some irreparable damage today, but it would be weird to apologize for a fleeting expression.

I also tend to contort my face when uncomfortable or ambivalent.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This is my life. I am the world's worst liar because my face gives me away every single damn time. And people always know when I'm pissed at them, which makes being diplomatic tricky at times. I blame Fe.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can do a good poker face, but when my guard is down the face takes over. Reading and thinking about my face as a separate entity is really strange think-making.

Destiny

A wannabe dog
Lol I struggle with the opposite problem. My face is too inexpressive. Poker face is my middle name.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
That's usually to my advantage, but sometimes certain people need to know I give a shit and care about them, even if my expression says otherwise.

I know, I was making sarcastic remark exactly because I struggle with this for decades.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You know the terror of being asked ‘oh, did you have something to add?’ because you unintentionally let an annoyed face slip.
My whole childhood in one sentence. As a consequence, I keep my facial guard up perhaps too much. But it's not infallible.

Also, #24, the people who just plain think this face makes you weaker. Fuck that. If you've lived your whole life with an immediately readable face, you learn how to handle immediate things.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I relate to a good number of these. People have told me my face is funny, and I've gotten into an argument with a stranger because they didn't like the look on my face.

Most of the time, I'm pensive or spaced out, so resting bitch face applies. But I'm also very reactive to stuff in my environment. I go from a blank expression to an exaggerated one in no time.

I think I became overly expressive facially to compensate for my poor verbal communication skills as a teen. It stuck. Sometimes, it's just easier, more comical, and more efficient to get something across with a facial expression.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
my face doesn't show much emotion appart from "amused expression" / "neutral expression" I think

Sometimes "pissed off' and 'fed up/I'm not listening to you' face.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
my face doesn't show much emotion appart from "amused expression" / "neutral expression" I think

I've heard the somewhat amused expression comment many times. My ENFJ probably sees the neutral expression more often. Other than those two, I don't think I usually have a lot of expression, unless I'm having a conversation.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I've heard the somewhat amused expression comment many times. My ENFJ probably sees the neutral expression more often. Other than those two, I don't think I usually have a lot of expression, unless I'm having a conversation.
Right . I forgot the talking expression when my mouth is moving.
That one counts right?:coffee:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, I have a really expressive face.

otoh, if I'm just thinking or concentrating or not really doing anything, I can look irritated or sad, and sometimes people think I am and might keep on pressing the point of 'what's wrong', and, nothing's wrong!!! grr. haha

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
As a person with a really bad case of resting bitchface, I'd almost rather have to deal with all of these too-expressive problems than be told I look like I'm in pain when I smile.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have a very expressive face, but I tend to be in control of what expression it displays... I was kind of a weird kid who practiced expressions in a mirror on long car trips :doh:

my default expression is something between a smirk and a smile most of the time apparently, though if you bring out a camera it somehow turns into an expression of concern and paranoia :ninja:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh my goodness! So this is the reason why some guys can't tolerate me for too long.

Fe why??:(

Duffy

As a person with a really bad case of resting bitchface, I'd almost rather have to deal with all of these too-expressive problems than be told I look like I'm in pain when I smile.

I have the same problem, along with what's usually attached to INTJs (death stare). My aunt (ISFJ 6w5) has a resting bitch face as well. In contrast, my good friend (most likely Pe-dom) has the opposite problem.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't have a too expressive face, it's expressive but at a moderate level.. And it's good because it can give a warning to some people to watch it..
But I often struggle with hiding my emotions because anything I sense could touch me so deep like listening to a song or see a movie or just see someone in an emotional situation, I just feel my eyes are full of tears, and that is embarrassing tbh, so hiding somewhere or pretending that something has got into my eyes, or just turn my face away are always good options [emoji16] And also when I find something funny, I laugh loudly from the bottom of my heart, not annoyingly loud.. people think It's a cute laughter[emoji5][emoji5]