• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MISTYPED AS INFP?

xpeacexrainbowx

I heard lots of people, especially depressed, mistype as INFPs. I went through depression at some point and I think I'm mistyped as well. When I was younger, I was nothing like an Fi dom, that made me think I was ENTP. Also, I don't know much about personality typing, and I've been in the MBTI world for months, so am I just mistyped as INFP?
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I relate to Si/Ne more than Ni, but I can't tell my judging functions.
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I yearn to make a difference because I don't want to waste life.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
making others happy/big difference, being with someone who loves me, realizing something I'm skilled at
4) What makes you feel inferior?
not being strong enough, people I care about that suffer
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
pro-con, my feelings/others feelings
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
might check errors, want the result to be good
7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
I could be well organized or I am too lazy that things are disorganized.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I would try to understand it and may sometimes look for supporting information.
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I'd say both, but I worry if others dislike me.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I was different as a child and now I'm more introverted which means one on one.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I can be impulsive sometimes when I get easily influenced by something triggering, but mostly I'm more on the safe side.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I might talk it out, clear my mind, or withdraw in a calm place.
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
too talkative, very aggressive in-charge communication style, people who step on other's personal space and judge them too quickly/much, dishonesty, selfish clinginess/dependence, attention seekers like Miley Cyrus, overly emotional people who blame others
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
if it makes any difference, anything interesting to know them better
18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
They see me as smart and easy to get along with, but they would never say I'm evil or useless.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
event, park

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Tell us more about yourself. We can't type you if you don't give us any information.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Instead of focusing on mental states, focus on the cognitive functions you prefer to use. Study up on those to accurately assess type in Jungian systems.

xpeacexrainbowx

Well, I have Si/Ne, but I don't know how they're stacked. And my thought process could be slow and a bit scattered.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How do you feel about the future? What about the past?

I can't tell if you're introverted or extroverted, but I'm leaning towards extroverted since you seem to direct focus to the outside world more.

You said you were depressed. Did you only act introverted when you were depressed?

From what you've written here you seem like a feeler (it would prob be in the middle of your stack though). What do you think about individuality? How connected are you to other people? How do you sort out your feelings?

You seem very NP to me if that gives you anything.

xpeacexrainbowx

How do you feel about the future? What about the past?

I can't tell if you're introverted or extroverted, but I'm leaning towards extroverted since you seem to direct focus to the outside world more.

You said you were depressed. Did you only act introverted when you were depressed?

From what you've written here you seem like a feeler (it would prob be in the middle of your stack though). What do you think about individuality? How connected are you to other people? How do you sort out your feelings?

You seem very NP to me if that gives you anything.

Really? I thought of isfj as a possibility too. And about the future, I feel anxious and I sometimes miss the past.
Yes, I did act extremely introverted or dramatic during depression.
About individuality, I don't have much problem with it. I see people as doing whatever, like liberating or trying to fit in. I'm not aware how connected I am to others, but I try to connect as much as possible. I talk to someone when sorting out my feelings or I'm alone thinking of it.

xpeacexrainbowx

I guess I could explain my childhood memories and I'm still in my teens, so just wondering what my cognitive functions are.
I was a playful child who liked toys and playing with others. I could zone out in my own world or even socialize with strangers. But I had some issues with socializing and may be alone while the rest of the group is all gathered.
But now I'm the total opposite as a teen, quiet and sensitive around people. I can stay alone for a long time and dislike being around noisy crowds.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It sounds like a mixture of Fe and Si.

Sometimes I wonder if I really am a hard ass ExFJ, who has confused thinking with feeling. Infact, someone suggested this to me before, but I shrugged it off for some reason, without properly thinking about it.

[Sorry for gatecrashing your thread, but I wonder this about myself sometimes].

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
SF e9, probably ISFJ, which might explain relating to an ENTP shadow.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
SF e9, probably ISFJ, which might explain relating to an ENTP shadow.

If you're going to say e9, e.g. 9w1 let me align it to ISTJ with ENFP shadow.

xpeacexrainbowx

So ENxP is my shadow? I'm so confused, based on my childhood, I seemed Ne dom and could talk to strangers easily, but then again I was reluctant to reach out to others when I was in preschool, missing my parents in an Si way. But I think I'm definitely either ISFJ, ENxP, or INFP. Also, I'm new to the enneagram and I see 9w1 typings like I could relate to all four J functions. I doubt I'm a T Dom, Te aux, or Fe Dom for sure. Also, could I be an unhealthy looping type since I'm a teen who tends to self analyze with MBTI? And as a teen, I'd say I come across ISFJ or INFP. Someone please help, how do you get in depth with the differences? I try adding as many details I could (Si or Si backing up Ne?) and I'm obviously try not to look unsure, but I REALLY am stuck. Dunno if that detail was necessary, but I felt like it was. I know that there are unhealthy types and enneagrams make you come across as having different functions. Like the thing is, I can't distinguish between dominant, auxiliary, tertiary, and inferior functions. I guess I do come across pretty Ne, but I try sounding realistic here.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Whenever I'm depressed I think I'm an INTP. :D

Really? I assumed you were joking but I'm very curious how depression manifests in people with inferior Te. Or do you find the thought of being INTP utterly depressing? :D

I realize my comment might give the wrong impression; I don't think INFPs are depressing or even necessarily depression prone (any more than other types), but depression usually leads me to a state of distanced apathy and nihilism, then very strong and uncomfortable emotional states if not dealt with or alleviated--this overflow of emotion leads me to question a preference for feeling, but it's not my natural "flow" state and it is difficult for me to control, regulate or even understand my feelings in that mode, whereas I imagine an INFP in a depressed state might be at least a little more in tune with their emotions.

Thoughts?