• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy for Depression

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
http://ftp.cs.kun.nl/CSI/CompMath.Found/teasdale.pdf

Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology
2004, Vol. 72, No. 1, 31– 40
Copyright 2004 by the American Psychological Association, Inc.
0022-006X/04/$12.00 DOI: 10.1037/0022-006X.72.1.31

Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy for Depression: Replication and Exploration of Differential Relapse Prevention Effects

S. Helen Ma and John D. Teasdale
Medical Research Council, Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit

Recovered recurrently depressed patients were randomized to treatment as usual (TAU) or TAU plus
mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT). Replicating previous findings, MBCT reduced relapse
from 78% to 36% in 55 patients with 3 or more previous episodes; but in 18 patients with only 2 (recent)
episodes corresponding figures were 20% and 50%.
MBCT was most effective in preventing relapses not
preceded by life events. Relapses were more often associated with significant life events in the 2-episode
group. This group also reported less childhood adversity and later first depression onset than the
3-or-more-episode group, suggesting that these groups represented distinct populations. MBCT is an
effective and efficient way to prevent relapse/recurrence in recovered depressed patients with 3 or more
previous episodes.

á´…eparted

passages
After reading several things related to mindfulness in the past few weeks, as well as my personal experiences with it several year ago, I really do not think mindfulness is for everyone.

But, it's great for the majority of people.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
After reading several things related to mindfulness in the past few weeks, as well as my personal experiences with it several year ago, I really do not think mindfulness is for everyone.

But, it's great for the majority of people.

nothing is for everyone, i think who some parts of dbt have been helpful for me at least the grounding techinques.