• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Meditation

Mole

Permabanned
The hardest part of meditation is giving up success.

Our parents want us to be successful, and we want to be successful, our lover wants us to be successful, our teachers want us to be successful, and we come here to be successful with mbti.

it seems not only impossible to give up success, but it is undesirable, it seems perverse, it leaves us vulnerable, prey for the predators.

I was not successful, I tried and tried, but didn't make it, and on the lounge room wall of our shared house at the University of New South Wales, I wrote in big red letters: FUCK IT ALL.

So my fantasy was to live on a desert island, click Springbank and Spinnaker Islands Drone footage - YouTube. But instead I found an all white room, sixteen feet tall, with only a louvre at this top. I filled the bath with warm water and hopped in, and stayed there for hours at a time, topping up the warm water as it cooled.

Doing nothing I noticed my thoughts running riot, but instead of seeing them as a distraction, I let them run on until they were satisfied, and like ice turning into water, or water into steam, I transmuted my mental state. And when my thoughts were satisfied, my imagination took over.

And my imagination had a field day, as I let it run on and on until it was satisfied. And then something magical happened.

All of a sudden my thoughts stopped, stopped completely, and there I was wide awake and alert with no thoughts whatsoever.

I can't tell you what is was like because it was ineffable, beyond words.