• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Learning: Are you aware firstly of your Myers Briggs Type? Do you know that the four major types learn beat in different ways?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Learning: Are you aware firstly of your Myers Briggs Type? Do you know that the four major types learn beat in different ways?

Teaching Style best suited for the different types of personalities and persuasions. This is according to Professor David Keirsey. Keirsey is renowned for doing 4 decades of research with Myers Briggs Typology Index.

His book is a classic and a bestseller. The book Please Understand Me, 1984 sold 2,000,000 copies.

Academically it was a classic and required reading texts for two different universities for myself and my wife. This included St. Petersburg and Nova Universities, both in Florida.

Prime Value In Education:
SP: Growth of spontaneity and freedom.
SJ: Growth of responsibility and utility.
NT: Growth of knowledge and skills.
NF: Growth of identity and integrity.

Percentage of teachers and length of service.
SP: 4% Short stay in teaching.
SJ: 56% Long stay in teaching.
NT: 8% Medium stay in teaching.
NF: 32% Long stay in teaching.

Favored teaching areas:
SP: Arts, Crafts, Sports, Drama, Music, Recreation.

SJ: Agriculture, clerical, business, sports, social sciences, political science, homemaking, history, geography.

NT: Philosophy, science, technology, communications, mathematics, linguistics.

NF: Humanities, social sciences, theater, music, foreign language, speech, theology.

Favored instructional techniques:
SP: Projects, contests, games, demonstrations, shows.

SJ: Recitation, drill, composition, tests/quizzes, demonstration.

NT: Lectures, tests, composition, projects, reports.

NF: Group projects, interaction, discussion, shows, simulations, games.

[David Keirsey, Please Understand Me. Prometheus Nemesis Book Company, 1984, p. 166.]