• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

John Gacy

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I don't know a ton about serial killers, but I'm skeptical about all of them being INTx. I tried to read Devil in the White City once, and had to stop because the world felt too dark already at that particular time. I couldn't add another thing to the pile. But aren't some serial killers very extroverted, charming people, which suggests a type other than INTx?
It's a fascinating rabbit hole to go down. Between lead paint and head trauma study true crime enough and you can start to play serial killer bingo. John Wayne Gacy enjoyed hanging out with cops in his off time, and because he managed a KFC, he was able to keep the police supplied with original recipe and so they didnt want to believe the chicken guy was up to anything strange because they loved the free chicken so. Who knows how long he would have gotten away with it if he managed a popeyes or a zaxby's

Last edited:

Hypatia

Alexander Anderson
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
One of the worst serial killers. Truly evil. Surpassed only by Rodney Alcala to my knowledge

Gacy was an ENTP 3w4 8w9 6w5 sx/so

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
John Wayne Gacy Parts 1-3

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's a fascinating rabbit hole to go down. Between lead paint and head trauma study true crime enough and you can start to play serial killer bingo. John Wayne Gacy enjoyed hanging out with cops in his off time, and because he managed a KFC, he was able to keep the police supplied with original recipe and so they didnt want to believe the chicken guy was up to anything strange because they loved the free chicken so. Who knows how long he would have gotten away with it if he managed a popeyes or a zaxby's

Thought of Gacy's chicken-cover when they introduced Gus Fring on Breaking Bad.

It's a common (albeit not universal) pattern for serial killers to befriend/be attracted to/otherwise connected with positions of authority/law enforcement.

- Ed Kemper had aspirations of becoming a cop - hung out at the station to shoot the breeze. In fact, they were initially skeptical when he called in his confession.
- Dennis Rader was attracted to authority positions - was a city dog-catcher for awhile; killed a lot of dogs.
- David Berkowitz was a security guard.
- Joseph DeAngelo, Dennis Nilsen, Anthony Sully, Gerard Schaefer, & Mikhail Popkov were cops....

...to name a few.