• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] It's so hard to me as a NT to live in the majority S world

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No one thinks they fit in regardless of type read [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]'s blog she's estj as fuck and feels like she doesn't fit in a lot of times.
:cry: SO ALONE.

Inferior Fi angst is a real thing.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No. My assumption was that a question posted on a public thread is open for anyone to respond.

This exchange is a derail, and I will not continue it further.

:heart:

But really I am interested in hearing your experience data set. I was just engaging in some friendly female banter.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9?
Instinctual Variant
sp
A lot of people mentioning how, supposedly, everyone feels like they don't fit in. So, where does that feeling come from, especially if totally "normal" people can fall victim to it? Delusion? Special-snowflake syndrome?

It irritates me because as an NT I see other NT's use their brain wiring as a lable system. When in reality no one is better then the other. Sensors have so much to offer that we lack, just like it is vice versa. You arent any better then the person next to you. Rather then using mbto and a heiarcy system. Why dont you use it as a means to grow as a human being?

Everything that is hard in this life is something worth achieving.

It makes me laugh that you're actually brainwashed into believing this kind of tripe.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Being an SJ doesn't mean I have it easy. I was socially ostracized by my peers in school throughout all of elementary and middle school (it was a k-8 school). It created permanent damage to my self esteem that's incredibly difficult to undo. And even in the present day, being an SJ doesn't mean that I can easily fit in to the corporate drone environment.

It makes me laugh that you're actually brainwashed into believing this kind of tripe.

It makes me sad that you think you're inferior to other people based on a type or dichotomy.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A lot of people mentioning how, supposedly, everyone feels like they don't fit in. So, where does that feeling come from, especially if totally "normal" people can fall victim to it? Delusion? Special-snowflake syndrome?

Well I could just not believe it and end up realizing that Im better then everyone else And over time come to believe it little by little until it becomes nothing but a fact. Transforming me into a rude and inconsiderate person who doesnt take anyone elses opinions into account because hey, some people were just born better then others.

See how many people would enjoy your company with that line of thought.

But you know. Live your life.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Our laws are not created for Se...the speed limits are to slow for our ability :D

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Cliche-but-still-wise quote of the day:

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
- Albert Einstein

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I appreciate some caution in the categorical thinking, but I suspect the underlying problem is that people feel isolated when surrounded by people who are different from them. For a N to say it directed at Sensors does reinforce a more ingrained stereotype, but if it has any validity, then it would hold equally for a Sensor surrounded by iNtuitives like Michael Bluth in Arrested Development. It would hold equally true for a Feeling surrounded by Thinkers or Thinkers surrounded by Feelers. It could hold true for E8 surrounded by E6, or any other combination from the Enneagram, or even a red-haired person surrounded by blondes - who knows. Perhaps the biggest danger is in universalizing any of these dynamics like to say it is always hard for one category to interact with another. From my perspective, if someone says they feel isolated because of X, then it feels weird to say they are wrong about what is bothering them if I haven't met anyone involved. Maybe it is wrongfully attributed, but is there any chance they could be accurately identifying the problem with their personal environment? Personal pain tends to feel like the worst pain, and I suspect a great many people feel social disappointment and rejection, even pure isolation, and people online perhaps moreso. There are also people who are socially very successful, popular, love being around people, have charisma, get all the votes, everyone longs for their attention, etc., and there are people everyone hates and/or ignores. Experience is not equal for all people. Even if the popular person feels disappointed about one rejection, they don't know the pain of someone who grew up getting swirlies every week, being taunted verbally and having risk to bodily harm.

I really think it is extremely important that one person's pain does not invalidate someone else's by default. Even if a Thinker is frustrated being surrounded by Feelers, it doesn't mean that Feelers have is easy. There is plenty of pain to go around, and plenty of causes, and I think it is important to not tell someone right off the bat that they are wrong about their pain. Maybe they are, but what if they aren't?

Our laws are not created for Se...the speed limits are to slow for our ability :D
Or maybe they ARE created for Se, since everyone else drives so slow just naturally - especially when entering the freeway. :happy2:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I appreciate some caution in the categorical thinking, but I suspect the underlying problem is that people feel isolated when surrounded by people who are different from them. For a N to say it directed at Sensors does reinforce a more ingrained stereotype, but if it has any validity, then it would hold equally for a Sensor surrounded by iNtuitives like Michael Bluth in Arrested Development. It would hold equally true for a Feeling surrounded by Thinkers or Thinkers surrounded by Feelers. It could hold true for E8 surrounded by E6, or any other combination from the Enneagram, or even a red-haired person surrounded by blondes - who knows. Perhaps the biggest danger is in universalizing any of these dynamics like to say it is always hard for one category to interact with another.
Completely this. Stereotyping is bad.

I really think it is extremely important that one person's pain does not invalidate someone else's by default. Even if a Thinker is frustrated being surrounded by Feelers, it doesn't mean that Feelers have is easy. There is plenty of pain to go around, and plenty of causes, and I think it is important to not tell someone right off the bat that they are wrong about their pain. Maybe they are, but what if they aren't?
This is the most Thinker-ish thing I could say, but: invalidating someone's pain is totally different from telling someone that the conclusion they've come to regarding the cause of their pain is incorrect.

Being isolated is awful. Feeling alone is awful. But deciding that you are an NT victim of oppressive Sensor culture probably will make you feel worse in the long run, because 1. it doesn't encourage growth, and 2. it's totally untrue.

I'm beating a dead horse at this point, so I'll leave it at that.

Mechnick

The Crow
No, I still don't understand Sensors
tumblr_n6amx4WfKZ1qchfeio1_r1_500.gif

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

This site could be a great resource for you to get to know them. There are many here who could answer questions if you started a get-to-know sensors thread. Somehow though I think the issue for you is that you don't feel understood so I'm unsure how willing you'd be to initiate an attempt to understand others.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't understand damn Sensors. Why are they a majority? Even if I am a rationalist, it so hard to understand and be understood by Sensors.

Any similar experience? Do you as a Rationalist find yourself trapped in the invisible web of Sensors? Fuck Locke, I wanna Descartes!

Why rationalists are a minority?

And then, they (the majority of the populations) ask thyself why he is so tough-skinned, aloof and independent? Why is he must go against the stream?

Place yourself in environments you can tolerate, ideally ones you can also enjoy. I doubt the sensor thing is even that true.... I don't think it is a sensor world... I think areas are more sensorish... others are more n wish... neither is 'better' but both may find themselves fish outta water if surrounded by others they can not communicate with... that being said many people can and do manage it.... socionics even pairs people into N+S for relationships... so theres that... maybe a change of attitude could help.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
ok here's the thing i'm an N type but ime with this forum the sensors have been the ones who have been the most supportive and understanding out of everyone towards me.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jung created the function theory for the explicit purpose of increasing understanding between people. That is the main reason the concept of 'iNtuitive" and "Sensor" even exists. Are you interested in gaining understanding of Sensors? Based on Jung's theory, you have a great deal in common with ESTJs, by sharing a dominant function. How do you plan to go about increasing your understanding of Sensors?

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

"If a tree fell in a forest, and you wernt there. Does it make a sound?"

Sensor: yes, no. What does that have to do with anything.

Intuitives: depends. What? Is the forest located on a different planet? Does sound exist? What is God? Reminds me of that time i went camping.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Intuitives: depends. What? Is the forest located on a different planet? Does sound exist? What is God? Reminds me of that time i went camping.
This is actually super accurate lol.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Fi user: I want to let you know, Tree, that I hear you and your sound matters.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
the tree does make a sound, just no one hears it so it becomes sad and feels ignored.