• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

is it OK to be angry at God?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I think it is appropriate to be angry if that is something you believe in because.. well.. we are humans, we were made with anger and emotions. That's one of them. (although he did flip out on Moses pretty hard the one time he got a bit pissy.. really, way too harsh if you ask me.) So, vent it out.

But I think it is pretty.. uh.. useless, either way. It won't get shit done. If there is a God: he's already doing things in his godly way.. being angry won't sway him. Lots of stories show off that he doesn't give af what humans think of him. If there isn't: then the events that have happened weren't caused by him. So who are you really angry at? ... Most of the time, people are angry at events, and circumstances, or a lot more than they expect, they are angry at themselves... God doesn't have much to do with it. If you believe, he can be there for you and walk you through that anger. But, if you don't.. you gotta get with the whole acceptance-forgiveness-and-positive-change program. And, usually, that program works whether you believe or not. I find it is a lot better to say, "I am going to pray... but I am also going to go to counseling and talk about this issue I have, because I lost someone dear to me and I cannot handle it on my own--not well anyways."