• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

iPhone and iOS 10 - Can Siri be killed?

Stek

MBTI Type
InTJ
I have searched the web for so long with the hope to find a solution for this incredibly frustrating fucking thing!

I guess the main problem is that I do, in fact, have an iPhone.

But the underlying problem to this obvious fault of no other but myself, is that Siri is activated by holding down the home button regardless of Siri being switched off in all possible settings. This function cannot be disabled, and it never could in any other version of iOS, as far as I know.

Further more, when accedentally activated (as it always is, because who really want this shit?), Siri will interpret ANY sound to the apparent voice command of "Hey Siri! Please call a random contact from my contac list!". And this is exactly what Siri does! If Siri is activated, and I do nothing but simply pick the phone up from the table, Siri interprets the very un-voice-like noises of this action, to mean the above stated "command". This JUST happened. And it has happened several times before.

I cannot imagine any reason at all why Siri is LITERARY IMPOSSIBLE to completely disable. And what's worse is that when activated, it just randomly calls people. Why not at least insert a security function that asks "Are you sure that you want me to dial this random fucking number I just imagined that you asked me to dail?". And guess what. The answer would ALWAYS be

"No! Fuck you and DIE!".

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Settings - > Siri -> Switch to the left (when it's green)

​You're scaring me.

Stek

MBTI Type
InTJ
Settings - > Siri -> Switch to the left (when it's green)

​You're scaring me.

Thank you, but this does not work. This is actually how my settings were (and still are) when I accedentally activated Siri by holding the home button down just a tad too long.

Even if Siri is switched off, the home button shortcut still is active.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think you just saved Steak from smashing his phone!
Yeah and saving him from the one last Siri response as he smashes it.

Thank you, but this does not work. This is actually how my settings were (and still are) when I accedentally activated Siri by holding the home button down just a tad too long.

Even if Siri is switched off, the home button shortcut still is active.

I heard dictation needs to be turned off as well as the warning came up to turn it off. Have you done that as well?

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jailbreak then.

Barring that, get a Pixel or Note 7.