• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP says I'm not INTP, but an INTJ? Please Help.

FiyaXiii

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION]

Interesting! What gave you the vibe that I'm not always or in most cases brutally honest though? But, it's true, I can bite my cheek often just cause I want to control situations, though sometimes I can't.

I feel like I'm torn between both Mario (INTJ) and Rosa (INTP). I can be blunt, but since I grew up with abusive parents, I'm think more cautious about the impact I can have on a young person who is under my wing, especially since I have really young siblings. My siblings would probably call me Mario lol, but I personally think I have it in me to be like Rosa too. It also depends on how frivolous Carla's track record is, how objective she has shown to be so far that'd determine whether I take the initial Mario or Rosa approach.

Got any other examples?

FiyaXiii

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=195]Jaguar[/MENTION] All the better for me! Muahaha! :newwink: Can you offer any feedback though?

FiyaXiii

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes. Make a decision.

I will, eventually :newwink: What's the rush for? I personally believe it's better things be this way at first, than me just being half assured and people pointing out good points that contradict my own views. I honestly believe this is the best way to minimize the potential for errors.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Interesting! What gave you the vibe that I'm not always or in most cases brutally honest though? But, it's true, I can bite my cheek often just cause I want to control situations, though sometimes I can't.

I feel like I'm torn between both Mario (INTJ) and Rosa (INTP). I can be blunt, but since I grew up with abusive parents, I'm think more cautious about the impact I can have on a young person who is under my wing, especially since I have really young siblings. My siblings would probably call me Mario lol, but I personally think I have it in me to be like Rosa too. It also depends on how frivolous Carla's track record is, how objective she has shown to be so far that'd determine whether I take the initial Mario or Rosa approach.

Got any other examples?

What a conundrum, if you think that INTJ matches better, because of inferior Se, then heck, perhaps you are. Maybe you are both? :D

All I can say is, I think you are definitely an e5, seeking and analysing deeper wanting to get to the root of how something works.

Yutopas

I see more Ti in your way to address the problem.
I do not see dominant intuition in your writing however, neither Ne or Ni. I do not think you are either INTP or INTJ. I do not see which type though, I just see maybe Si.
You must analyze your functions for themselves and share with us I think.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I mostly read the OP, and my impression for the intellectual processing is Ni-Te over Ti-Ne, but I suspect that socially you would feel a bit different from some INTJs. I suspect that there is a way that socially you could feel a bit like an INTP on the surface, and this is mostly because of your emphasis on humor as a distraction. INTJs can also be humorous, but not as consistently as INTPs. Socially INTPs can be extremely light, funny, and charming on the surface, but distant and even cold and genuinely apathetic to the core in some cases. There is usually a little more passion at the core of the INTJ because of the use of Fi.

(from experience I am significantly more familiar with INTPs than INTJs. I lived with INTPs for 20+ years. I haven't had a significant connection with an INTJ, so that is where my perspective is coming from in addition to general MBTI and Jung information)

FiyaXiii

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I see more Ti in your way to address the problem.
I do not see dominant intuition in your writing however, neither Ne or Ni. I do not think you are either INTP or INTJ. I do not see which type though, I just see maybe Si.
You must analyze your functions for themselves and share with us I think.

I don't identify with Si at all though, even when I stuck with INTP for 2 years and went back and forth between ENTP and INTP cause of how little I understood Introverted Sensing. I also know a lot of Si doms, and I've ruled out Si being anywhere near dominant or auxiliary easily, despite the fact that I actually happen to have a bias for Si.

I personally see myself having Ni, Fi, Te, and Se. I think I've been Ni-Fi looping for the last few years, and I've noticed that I did show Se tendencies despite thinking I never related to it. But idk, that's exactly why I filled out 2 forms and am asking peoples' opinions here.

What made you think Si exactly?

FiyaXiii

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I mostly read the OP, and my impression for the intellectual processing is Ni-Te over Ti-Ne, but I suspect that socially you would feel a bit different from some INTJs. I suspect that there is a way that socially you could feel a bit like an INTP on the surface, and this is mostly because of your emphasis on humor as a distraction. INTJs can also be humorous, but not as consistently as INTPs. Socially INTPs can be extremely light, funny, and charming on the surface, but distant and even cold and genuinely apathetic to the core in some cases. There is usually a little more passion at the core of the INTJ because of the use of Fi.

(from experience I am significantly more familiar with INTPs than INTJs. I lived with INTPs for 20+ years. I haven't had a significant connection with an INTJ, so that is where my perspective is coming from in addition to general MBTI and Jung information)

Actually, my bestfriend is INTJ as far as I know and we relate so much, I just didn't want myself to be biased being like, Lol my bff is INTJ so like, me too!, and only time I don't relate to INTJs are the cringey pseudointellectual special snowflakes. Y'know, the types that go, "I am rare, I am special, very likely I'm intelligent and look at how organized and clean I can be." I'd feel like the INTP description fits me better when I'd read it online on sites like 16personalities and maybe a few other sites that briefly go in on functions, then afterwards I'd head over to observe a few bloggers and see if I found them relateable basically. It was only after being done with a couple of my exams and messaging a bunch of them and then noticing the differences that I both realized and got told, "Can you not see how different we are?! You are not INTP. You talk like every single INTJ I've ever interacted with. Look, I objectively took you from INTP, to INFP, ENFP, INFJ and finally INTJ. The more you clarify, the more you sound INTJ."

Lol. I suppose I also can't relate to the whole robotic INTJ thing, even when I do have a hard time expressing emotions and all myself, I feel like certain people take things too far.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually, my bestfriend is INTJ as far as I know and we relate so much, I just didn't want myself to be biased being like, Lol my bff is INTJ so like, me too!, and only time I don't relate to INTJs are the cringey pseudointellectual special snowflakes. Y'know, the types that go, "I am rare, I am special, very likely I'm intelligent and look at how organized and clean I can be." I'd feel like the INTP description fits me better when I'd read it online on sites like 16personalities and maybe a few other sites that briefly go in on functions, then afterwards I'd head over to observe a few bloggers and see if I found them relateable basically. It was only after being done with a couple of my exams and messaging a bunch of them and then noticing the differences that I both realized and got told, "Can you not see how different we are?! You are not INTP. You talk like every single INTJ I've ever interacted with. Look, I objectively took you from INTP, to INFP, ENFP, INFJ and finally INTJ. The more you clarify, the more you sound INTJ."

Lol. I suppose I also can't relate to the whole robotic INTJ thing, even when I do have a hard time expressing emotions and all myself, I feel like certain people take things too far.

Maybe your best friend is also an INTP in reality.

FiyaXiii

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe your best friend is also an INTP in reality.
Nope, had her check and I've observed her for years and know enough to say she's definitely not. Her Ni is freakishly strong and distinct, definitely not Ni-Te. I can look at her and confidently say she's got Te auxiliary too.

Yutopas

I think you are a Ti user and definitely not a Te one.
Why ? Because you told us : you are here to take information and you want to figurate is yourself. You also told us that you wanted knowledge and being accurately typed.
Te is misinterpreted by "applying logic to world" but it is in fact concerned by a right and efficient to achieve a goal. Te is impersonnal about its method, not about data.
Ti values its own method to figure out and want accuracy because it wants to have an ordered internal system.
Ni dominance is easy to spot : when you are overwhelmed by sensory details, you disconnect from the world. Ni seeks to understand meaning in terms of meta-symbols.
You seems to have Fe too. Your attitude towards your relatives and yours projects seem to indicate that you want to spread well-being to others. I am not sure it is inferior or not though, I feel like it is possible since you react heavily to aggressive tone and so on.

Inferior function is the contrary force to your dominance and you might tend to see it as your savior. If you relate to Se in a sane way, you are probably not Ni dom. What type you would like to be and why ?
To me, the rest is blurry. I think you are more a sensor than an intuitive in fact, ISTP sounds better because the knowledge you seek is to apply > now <. You do not seem very abstract to me but you need to provide more data to us to confirm.
Do not cling to behavioural descriptions, they are not reliable because they are tainted by many other aspects. Think about functions and cognitive preferences.

FiyaXiii

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you are a Ti user and definitely not a Te one.
Why ? Because you told us : you are here to take information and you want to figurate is yourself. You also told us that you wanted knowledge and being accurately typed.
Te is misinterpreted by "applying logic to world" but it is in fact concerned by a right and efficient to achieve a goal. Te is impersonnal about its method, not about data.
Ti values its own method to figure out and want accuracy because it wants to have an ordered internal system.
Ni dominance is easy to spot : when you are overwhelmed by sensory details, you disconnect from the world. Ni seeks to understand meaning in terms of meta-symbols.
You seems to have Fe too. Your attitude towards your relatives and yours projects seem to indicate that you want to spread well-being to others. I am not sure it is inferior or not though, I feel like it is possible since you react heavily to aggressive tone and so on.

Inferior function is the contrary force to your dominance and you might tend to see it as your savior. If you relate to Se in a sane way, you are probably not Ni dom. What type you would like to be and why ?
To me, the rest is blurry. I think you are more a sensor than an intuitive in fact, ISTP sounds better because the knowledge you seek is to apply > now <. You do not seem very abstract to me but you need to provide more data to us to confirm.
Do not cling to behavioural descriptions, they are not reliable because they are tainted by many other aspects. Think about functions and cognitive preferences.

I want to USE information basically. The reason why certain peoples' arguments 'recently' had me convinced that I had Te somewhere in my stack was because I know that Te wants to use information and Te wants to understand it. Since you're saying most people tend to misinterpret Te, can you link me any references or some sources own reasoning here then?

Also, what kind of data can I provide you that might be helpful then ? Ask me some random questions or give me some examples and I'll be more than happy to answer them accordingly.

Since you're sticking with Ti-dom along with chubber, are you aware of how Ni+Te can mimic Ti and how it's easy to confuse Ni and Ti because they both share analytical properties. I'll link this here and if one of you missed reading up on that, well now you won't lol. But yeah, with that considered, what do you think and what can you ask me?

FiyaXiii

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Since you keep on sticking to INTP so much, but you haven't quoted my once and said anything about something sounding Ne or Si-ish, do you actually see any signs of Ne-Si or Fe from me?

Yutopas

To be honest, I am quite lazy and not really in physical position to provide you sources. I use mainly cognitive functions framework. I leave you this task.
However, I have a question for you which will probably help you : you do not want to accept our answers as truth, why ?
Now about Te.
Te is a cognitive judging function therefore it does not want something by itself. So... Do you agree with "extroverted means directed towards external world" ? Like Fe wants to set external harmony whereas Fi is more concerned with its own moral code.
Therefore Te has to fit the world, i.e. to be accepted by others to be set. In this case, Te is more about putting order outside (outside is not always real world). In that case, Te means more "whatever the means, if my point is executed, it is ok" (bossy ENTJ).
If you really want to compare Ti and Te, you should so compare ENTJ and INTP attitudes because in case of INTJ, Te supports Ni while Ne supports Ti in case of INTP.
Let's go deeper into Ti-Ne vs Ni-Te problem solving.
Intuition process is by definition unconscious, you can just access data it provides to you. You are not able to access its process, right ? Therefore, in the case of Ni-Te, Ni will give a hunch about solution (not necessarily the solution but at least a search domain) and Te will support it by using whatever method supports its conceptual association. That is why some archetypes speaks about : INTJ will be less likely to discuss rules, because they want it to materialize their idea/concept. An INTJ will discuss something if he does not match its conceptual understanding (Ni) or its feelings/own moral code (Fi).
In a debate for instance, an INTJ will use a logic which is the most efficient one (as he thinks). If its logic is dismissed, he will not have a problem to use another method if he is blurred by its moral judgement or conceptual understanding.
A proven wrong INTP will probably search for whatever data aivalable to preserve its logic if it is in grip of judging functions.
This is of course archetypes because we do not behave 100% of the time the same, it is unconscious and automatic reaction.
But here is a tricky example : an INTJ can also be attached to its method because it I tainted by its own conceptual understanding, you see ?
I leave you the sorting part. By data, I mean more your logical reflection upon this instead of facts or other people thoughts. This might give a better grasp for further discussion.
Another question you skipped : how do you reflect about Ni dominance and Se saturation ?

FiyaXiii

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To be honest, I am quite lazy and not really in physical position to provide you sources. I use mainly cognitive functions framework. I leave you this task.
However, I have a question for you which will probably help you : you do not want to accept our answers as truth, why ?

Yikes, hold on. You tell me this, if someone is not presenting all the answers to certain queries, why is the other party obliged to accept those 'answers' as the Truth, there's no evidence that so far suggests to me it is the truth. So far, people on the first 4 pages did a good job explaining and I'm taking them more considerably, just because how they went in with the explanations and all. Whereas people on the last few pages are mostly throwing out accusations such as, 'Why aren't you accepting the truth?' and I repeatedly have to keep on asking them things to explain my side, refer to previous pages so they grasp the situation better.

Te is a cognitive judging function therefore it does not want something by itself. So... Do you agree with "extroverted means directed towards external world" ? Like Fe wants to set external harmony whereas Fi is more concerned with its own moral code.
Therefore Te has to fit the world, i.e. to be accepted by others to be set. In this case, Te is more about putting order outside (outside is not always real world). In that case, Te means more "whatever the means, if my point is executed, it is ok" (bossy ENTJ).
Following you so far, yeah. But the link I attached goes into what you were trying to explain and a much thorough explanation on Ti and Ni-Te IMO.

Another question you skipped : how do you reflect about Ni dominance and Se saturation ?

Are you asking how I personally feel about the idea of being Ni dom and Se inferior? The way you worded it is, well very 'unique'. But that's how I originally interpreted it, and my reason for skipping it is because I found it irrelevant. A person can look at any random set of functions, and literally justify why they fit into it with any set of words if they're biased. The reason why I kept on filling out forms and asking people to ask me certain questions is because it helps filter out the possibility of my own bias, if I have any.

But like I said a while ago, I definitely see Ni, Fi, Se and Te in me. I'm pretty sure I'm Ni dominant by now because it explains why I might've mistyped as INTP earlier (Ni/Ti being often confused for the other).

"If INTJs get “stuck in their heads” and are too passive in life, they will start to feel uncomfortable because they have an underlying need to take action and achieve things because of Te. If they don’t listen to that need, they will feel restless, as though they are wasting their life. “Passive” INTJs who have not developed Te well enough are more likely to think they use Ti because their focus is too inwardly directed with Ni+Fi, meaning that they might confuse their lower Fi impulses as being Ti related (due to both being introverted judging functions and having the same structural framework). These INTJs just want to do what they feel comfortable doing according to their own understanding and ignore the call of Te/Se to take action to achieve goals and success, and this can eventually lead to existential boredom, unhappiness, or dissatisfaction or possibly an Ni-Fi loop."

This defines my situation for the last 2 years too, and this also explains my whole crisis with INTP/Ti. But idk, still open to see people argue in favor or against. I want people to quote me on certain things or quote or source certain things they've read on the functions though because people seem to say a lot of other people 'misinterpret' functions when they don't seem to warn others of possibly guilty of doing such a thing themselves.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Since you keep on sticking to INTP so much, but you haven't quoted my once and said anything about something sounding Ne or Si-ish, do you actually see any signs of Ne-Si or Fe from me?

I would only expect to see Fe if you were stressed. So what happens to you when you are stressed and what do others tell you about you when that happens? Well you mention that you want to get to the root of the issue, that could be both Ti and Ni. It is how you express yourself externally to those around you, that you seem Pe, so probably Ne. You don't seem judgemental like Te types. Are you perhaps an e9?

And does your friend like to plan a lot?