• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP or INTJ?

INTP or INTJ?

• INTP

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Enneagram
Hi all, I'm Alex, 16 years old and I'm from Italy, so you may see some grammar mistakes in this post.

First thing to say: I love music (my favorite bands are Green Day, Ramones, Muse and... Beethoven) and I play the bass and the violin and a little bit the drums. Music is litterally my greatest hobby. I always have a song/riff/melody in my head and it causes me to drum my fingers on the table. I have absolute pitch and I'm obsessed with "finding the right musical note". Briefly, I'm a weirdo in this field.

I've been interested in MBTI for about 18 months, 531 days, to be precise. Yes, I love dates. All of my important events are stored in my mind. I don't truy to remember those numbers. They just come up when I need it. I have a strange relationship with numbers. It's like I see pictures of them in my head, well, not exactly pictures, but I see them. And it makes it easier to do fast calculations in my brain.

The first test I took, on 23/12/2015 was the one on 16personalities.com. It typed me as INTJ. My I, N and T were and are very strong. But I'm still looking for my last letter, the most important one. I tried literally anything. Big 5 (J correlates with conscentiousness), Enneagram, 16PF. I even tried to understand the MBTI step II. With "experience", I learnt not to take tests too seriously and instead investigating by myself with functions, but it didn't help. I prefer both Ti and Ni (maybe because I misunderstand some of their traits) and Fe is surely the function I struggle to use in a costructive way. I've also read some of Wilde's theory on functions, where he classifies people with two top introverted functions as "double introvert", but what I really need is to know whether I'm a J or a P.

Here are some of my traits:

- I'm ALWAYS punctual. For example, I always take the first bus to get to school early (mainly to avoid the "crowd effect"). I feel guilty for not arriving on time since I'd get really angry if I had to wait for someone;

- I don't study that much. Max 2 hours. I make sure everything important is finished, but if not, I'm very good at improvising;

- My desk is often messy, although my schoolmates thinks I'm organized;

- I make schemes and maps for ANYTHING;

- I hate rules, but I'm the first one to respect them;

- My motto is "least pain, most gain";

- I don't like changes. I prefer something stable;

- When I do something, I'm not happy if it isn't perfect;

- Around strangers I'm very serious and silent, but with people I know (friends and not), I'm open and eager to help them;

- I always have a mental map of things to do for my day. I follow consistently only my plans about school, but with leisure time I often end up doing something different;

- I love multitasking. For example now I have 8 windows open on Google Chrome;

- Competition > Cooperation;

- I'm way too skeptical even with my closest friends.

Things that may help you:

- I'm an Enneagram 5w4. The 5 is VERY strong here;

- In Socionics, I'm still deciding between ILI-INTp and LII-INTj. The majority of people on forums typed me as ILI.

- Talking about Big 5, my results are: High Openness, High Conscentiousnesss, Average Neuroticism, Low Extraversion, Low Agreeableness.

What do you think? Am I an INTJ or an INTP? This is my last chance.

If you need any further information don't be afraid to ask.

Shiver

If your Big 5 scores and their correlations are any indicator, high Conscientiousness would point to a J preference, although that's not definite. Have you ever taken the official MBTI?

Enneagram
If your Big 5 scores and their correlations are any indicator, high Conscientiousness would point to a J preference, although that's not definite. Have you ever taken the official MBTI?

Do you mean the 93 question form. Yeah, I found it somewhere online. It confirmed my strong preferences toward I, N and T and it showed a slight preference of P over J. I remember that there was a question about the P/J dichotomy, something like this:
"you plan:
J - Most of your things to do;
P - Only what is necessary."
My answer was the latter, also because it describes perfectly my approach to planning.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
INTP due to your user name.

Enneagram
Just to add: personally I feel that the Ti/Ne process fits me better than the Ni/Te. Although I may be efficient and quick to do things, I don't think that my Te is that strong. I don't like to be in power. I can seem a bit cold and apathic, but certainly not dry when interacting with people. Also, I'm not straight with people: I value the truth first, but at times it can be difficult for me to state it clearly because I don't want to offend.

tchudak

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just to add: personally I feel that the Ti/Ne process fits me better than the Ni/Te. Although I may be efficient and quick to do things, I don't think that my Te is that strong. I don't like to be in power. I can seem a bit cold and apathic, but certainly not dry when interacting with people. Also, I'm not straight with people: I value the truth first, but at times it can be difficult for me to state it clearly because I don't want to offend.

This may be because you are introverted. I don't see much correlation with Ti-Ne vs Ni-Te in your statement.