• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I disbelieve my type. Help!

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hi, forum. I disbelieve my type of ENFJ. I.. don't believe it often, and I probably just spend too much time thinking about it. I've gotten ENFJ, ESFJ, ENFP, and ENTP on recent tests. I've also typed as INFP, and even ISFP/ISFJ. I don't know what to believe.

Questionnaires kind of faze me and I find myself not giving the answer I want to give -- something detailed that I am always not thinking about when I find I need to be, like in times like now. But I've found a sort of fun one and I'll give it a go. I'd really appreciate the help despite my posting here a lot.

1. if you could have one mythical creature as a pet, what would it be?

Does Snuffleupagus from Sesame Street count? I've never really wanted a unicorn, I think. I don't really know. I do like the concept of unicorns and all of that, but I'm sick to death of the "mermaid hair" and "unicorn hair" trend. But I guess if I really think about it, having a Cat-Dog would be cool, like on the cartoon. Two pets, in one. How convenient, right?
2. What do you want to be when you grow up?
I've always thought of myself as an artistic person. I used to write a lot but I've since stopped, as my writing isn't very good anymore. But I'd love to be an actor, because I really love movies. I haven't seen every movie known to man, but I have my favorites and I tend to watch them over and over again, because I like them so much. But I'd just like to perform because it's something I feel inside and I can't really explain. I'm not some natural, talented actor, but it's the only thing that excites me and I dream about it a lot. What I'm doing right now is just the stuff I do before I get there, I guess.
3. If you were a fruit or vegetable, what fruit or vegetable would you be?
I guess I would be a banana, if I were a fruit, only because I like them so much. Not sure if that would mean I'd taste good with peanut butter! My second favorite fruit is a granny smith, or the golden apples; those are good too. My favorite vegetable is a potato, only because I like french fries. I'd want to be curly fries.
4. What is your favorite beverage?
I like water or iced tea. I don't mind alcohol but my stomach is sensitive to it and too much makes me feel sick; I often only have a few glasses -- and even then it's mixed with ginger ale. I'm like an old lady, everyone teases me. But others say it's good that I know my limits. I also like Dr. Pepper the most out of all the soft drinks, it's really sweet and I like it.
5. You're having a cookout... what do you make?
I would make sausages because they are my favorite. I do like steak, too, but sausages seem easier to me. I'd also make a vegan option for my guests, as I am new to vegan cheese and I like it, so I'd make vegan/gluten free mac and cheese. Seems like it'd be good.
6. What's the most recent cool thing you've learned?
Um, I can't think of anything, so nothing, I guess.
7. What portrayal of the future do you like the best?
Aren't we technically living in the future? Honestly, I guess I like this era minus the current political state. I'd say this era, but just less people.
8. You're on death row... what's your last meal?
I read a story once about a man who got his last meal and then he turned around and said he didn't want it, and so he ruined the last meal privilege for everyone in the prison, if I'm correct. So realistically I probably wouldn't get my choice of a free meal, and that sucks for me, although I'm not a prisoner, so it really sucks for all of the prisoners who don't get their ideal meal. If I were a prisoner, though (and, thinking with my stomach) I'd want some fast food. I'd want curly fries, chicken fingers, and a bacon cheeseburger. Then for dessert I'd definitely want a marble chocolate cake, because that's the best kind of cake in my opinion.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
you're responses remind me of how my close INFP friend speaks.
So I am gonna lean toward you being an INFP. :3

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I guess, but I don't know still. I personally feel that doesn't fit. I'm not sure what fits anymore.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Which seem the most you?
The function drives

Also, have you taken the flow type test that is circulating here? It's pretty decent.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I haven't, [MENTION=29903]Mayflower[/MENTION], link please?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi, forum. I disbelieve my type of ENFJ. I.. don't believe it often, and I probably just spend too much time thinking about it.

Pick the letters you like. Use them until you know yourself well enough to find letters that suit you.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Pick the letters you like. Use them until you know yourself well enough to find letters that suit you.

Interesting. I mean, I have grown attached to the ENFJ type, and I've been told I'm a "more introverted" ENFJ, which is possible. I'm probably looking into the tests too much; because really, and not to over-simplify this MBTI stuff, but really, the functions are in all of us and it just happens that certain ones are repressed and such. And then there's the loop thing, too.

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
Hi, forum. I disbelieve my type of ENFJ. I.. don't believe it often, and I probably just spend too much time thinking about it. I've gotten ENFJ, ESFJ, ENFP, and ENTP on recent tests. I've also typed as INFP, and even ISFP/ISFJ. I don't know what to believe.

Questionnaires kind of faze me and I find myself not giving the answer I want to give -- something detailed that I am always not thinking about when I find I need to be, like in times like now. But I've found a sort of fun one and I'll give it a go. I'd really appreciate the help despite my posting here a lot.

Does Snuffleupagus from Sesame Street count? I've never really wanted a unicorn, I think. I don't really know. I do like the concept of unicorns and all of that, but I'm sick to death of the "mermaid hair" and "unicorn hair" trend. But I guess if I really think about it, having a Cat-Dog would be cool, like on the cartoon. Two pets, in one. How convenient, right?
I've always thought of myself as an artistic person. I used to write a lot but I've since stopped, as my writing isn't very good anymore. But I'd love to be an actor, because I really love movies. I haven't seen every movie known to man, but I have my favorites and I tend to watch them over and over again, because I like them so much. But I'd just like to perform because it's something I feel inside and I can't really explain. I'm not some natural, talented actor, but it's the only thing that excites me and I dream about it a lot. What I'm doing right now is just the stuff I do before I get there, I guess.
I guess I would be a banana, if I were a fruit, only because I like them so much. Not sure if that would mean I'd taste good with peanut butter! My second favorite fruit is a granny smith, or the golden apples; those are good too. My favorite vegetable is a potato, only because I like french fries. I'd want to be curly fries.
I like water or iced tea. I don't mind alcohol but my stomach is sensitive to it and too much makes me feel sick; I often only have a few glasses -- and even then it's mixed with ginger ale. I'm like an old lady, everyone teases me. But others say it's good that I know my limits. I also like Dr. Pepper the most out of all the soft drinks, it's really sweet and I like it.
I would make sausages because they are my favorite. I do like steak, too, but sausages seem easier to me. I'd also make a vegan option for my guests, as I am new to vegan cheese and I like it, so I'd make vegan/gluten free mac and cheese. Seems like it'd be good.
Aren't we technically living in the future? Honestly, I guess I like this era minus the current political state. I'd say this era, but just less people.
I read a story once about a man who got his last meal and then he turned around and said he didn't want it, and so he ruined the last meal privilege for everyone in the prison, if I'm correct. So realistically I probably wouldn't get my choice of a free meal, and that sucks for me, although I'm not a prisoner, so it really sucks for all of the prisoners who don't get their ideal meal. If I were a prisoner, though (and, thinking with my stomach) I'd want some fast food. I'd want curly fries, chicken fingers, and a bacon cheeseburger. Then for dessert I'd definitely want a marble chocolate cake, because that's the best kind of cake in my opinion.

ESFJ

But I believe it looks like this:

ESFJ (Fe Si Ne Ti) and (Fi Se Ni Te) ISFP

Feeling - Sensing - Intuition - Thinking

With ESFJ being dominant.

Or the ENFJ-INFJ dynamic

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'll post my prototype questionnaire.

For the following questions, answer from the mindset of how you generally while unhurried, without pressure, and in neutral mood.

During work, group activities, etc. what role do you often gravitate to?

What habits/traits are you often criticized over by those closest to you? (Give at least two examples)

What values do you hold? Why?

Describe your decision making process.

Reviewing all your enjoyable moments, what aspects often made them worthwhile?

Do you ever want to make a difference in the world? Why/Why not? What would you do?

What traits about other people annoy you?

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=29903]Mayflower[/MENTION], I didn't see this response! Sorry for the late reply.

During work, group activities, etc. what role do you often gravitate to?
Hmm. I truthfully get kind of lost in the shuffle and I'm not much of a leader, but I tend to throw out ideas like the rest of the group and hope my idea sticks.

What habits/traits are you often criticized over by those closest to you? (Give at least two examples)

I am often criticized for being stubborn or apprehensive, which I don't disagree with, because I am. I really dig my heels in and I tend to wait for when the time feels right to do things. It's mostly tied up with my anxiety and a lot of other negative emotions, admittedly.

What values do you hold? Why?
I don't really know about values. I guess the golden rule, I don't know. I don't know what I value or believe in lately, to tell you the truth, because some personal events have happened and they've kind of pulled the rug out from under me. I guess I just believe in treating people the way you want to be treated. I simply believe in respecting people. I've been treated poorly and I wouldn't want anyone to be treated the way I have been, I don't see how that gets you anywhere, it just makes the victims feel shitty and small.

Describe your decision making process.

I'm very slow. I really take my time, because I worry about what's going to happen, all of the time. How will this work out, what will happen next? I don't know if I'm focused on the present or the future, but I think I'm more focused on the future, I've always been the type to want to get things over with to find out what's going to happen next. When I make a decision I admittedly run it by other people, but I don't always do this. I do like other's input, but deep down I know what's best for me and I do things when I'm ready. I will sometimes go against advice given and do things how I've already decided before I asked for help. It's like in the back of my mind, I know what I'm going to do. I guess I'm just being courteous asking for advice, although sometimes I genuinely do want it.

Reviewing all your enjoyable moments, what aspects often made them worthwhile?

For a lot of my enjoyable moments, for me it's been about being somewhere and doing something exciting. I just like being away. I don't want to say I necessarily like travelling, but it's so exciting to go away because to me, it's like all the worries and stress and everything seems to stop and we're focused on the outing or the trip and frankly, I'm chill and I'm just along for the ride, ready to have fun. Doing things seems to make things worthwhile to me.

Do you ever want to make a difference in the world? Why/Why not? What would you do?
It's cheesy, but I wish I could make the world a better place. Where people were more tolerant, because the intolerance and hate these days is backwards. We as a world are going backwards instead of forwards and it's not fair to those with marginalized voices. And I wish those marginalized voices were paid attention to and heard and taken seriously. I don't know how I would make the world a better place, but I don't currently like the political landscape we're in and that's making problems for everything. I wish people would stop and take a minute and actually think. I wish people would be more tolerant. I know we have to be tolerant of other's views as well, but having another view doesn't mean you can be as hateful as you want and think you can get away with it. It's stuff like that, that is disgusting. If we understand where the intolerance comes from and it we open our minds, we could be a better world and learn about each other and make a change. People need to come together to make change instead of trying to tear each other down and widen the gap and whatnot.

What traits about other people annoy you?
I dislike intolerance and stereotypes -- when the intolerant people talk about them and liken others (people of color, or gay people, etc) to stereotypes, because that's not all people are. It's annoying. I really don't like rude people, or people who try to get too into my business. I'm a very open person, but I don't like being pressured to talk about things. That bugs the hell out of me. I also don't like when people don't see other's emotions. When they have total disregard for them, it pisses me off. And when people don't listen to me. I hate being misunderstood/not listened to. I might as well be talking to a wall! Why open up at all, it makes me feel like.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=29903]Mayflower[/MENTION], I didn't see this response! Sorry for the late reply.

I'm leaning Fi over Fe, barely. I think you should ask Hard (ENFJ) or Orangeappled (INFP) to look you over.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm leaning Fi over Fe, barely. I think you should ask Hard (ENFJ) or Orangeappled (INFP) to look you over.

Thank you for your help.

Calling [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] for help, please?

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I responded and got dominant feeling.

Looking at your results, you appear EXFJ/IXFP. With that, you reported stronger S than N so ISFP or ESFJ. Don't let the assessment discourage you, it's still in the testing stage.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Looking at your results, you appear EXFJ/IXFP. With that, you reported stronger S than N so ISFP or ESFJ. Don't let the assessment discourage you, it's still in the testing stage.

Not discouraged at all, every little bit helps.

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Can't get shit from this.

Watching movies over and over ad nauseum sounds Si-Ne to me, that sounds stereotypical, but - my wifes ENTIRE FAMILY are ESFJs, and they all do this.
They'll all sit around together and watch a movie they've all seen numerous time. They all have individual shows/movies they watch repeatedly as well.

You say you'd like to be an actor - why? I know you said it's just something you feel and can't explain, but the reasoning behind your feelings is vital to identifying cognitive functions.
It's not about what we do or feel. It's about why we do/feel the way we do.

I have absolutely no idea what this question is supposed to be getting at - your answers are reasoned with Si.
Stereotypically, people would say you're using Fi here - saying you'd be.. whatever fruit/veg you picked.. because you 'like' them so much.
I however interpret this as Si. You're picking those particular ones because they're what you know and love. Same reason you watch the same movies over and over.

This is a stretch - but it's possible you considering how you'd taste to others (you weren't thinking about eating yourself, were you?) hints at Fe-Ti.
Totally grasping at straws with that one though.

You thoughts are dominated by what you know and feel comfortable with. To me this says Si-Ne.

What are these questions supposed to be getting at? Your response still seems Si-Ne again, but these questions aren't good.

All of these questions are designed to have people talk about their likes and dislikes. That doesn't help at all. They need to prompt the reader to explain the reasoning behind it.
Anyway, you did that here - and again, feels Si-Ne. Sticking to what you know - the predictable standard.
Slight hint at Fe-Ti again, with consideration for guests appearing in your thought process with regards to vegan options.

I'd love to hear an explanation for this - why haven't you learnt anything new lately?
Are you interested in learning new things? I get the feeling your interests might lie more in honing your existing skills, rather than seeking out new ones, so I imagine you'd spend a lot of time doing things, and getting better at things, that you know you can do, if that makes sense.

This is why Si is so awesome. Si is like a specialist function to some extent. Since the users interests will lie in doing what they love, they wind up practicing their skills and getting very good at a few select things. Rather than the other way around, Ne-Si, which might be more broad in its approach, and therefore sort of just touch on new hobbies etc, never really mastering one.

An example might be in with cooking - someone who's got Si way high in their stack, will be more likely to have their favourite dish/dishes down perfect - and from that perfect base, they can expand, and improve upon it - they can get creative and alter the dish and next thing you know, the Si user has a heap of dishes that they're brilliant at.

On the other end of the spectrum is Ne-Si (which is where I *think* I might be, rather than the Ni user I thought I was).. and well, they're less likely to really have any dish in particular that they always cook. So in a cook-out they'll be looking for new and exciting ideas to put into practice.
They'll wind up cooking something that's a bit WTF.

Now this might taste absolutely freaking disgusting. Which is how I used to be until I actually decided to learn what goes with what..
I'd mix coriander and chilli into tomato sauce and then serve up my spaghetti bolognaise with mustard and parsley on the top, with a little side dish of some sauce mixture made from whatever I could find in the cupboard.
Not good. Wind up having to throw it in the bin and buy take-out. Of course we can all work on our skills.

Sorry for rambling here. I feel like you're an Si user, and I also think Si users are highly undervalued and appreciated in the online community - they're very much valued in society, but there's massive bias all over the internet against S users of any type, so I just wanted to throw up my thoughts on them.

Well, that's about as opposite of Ne or Ni as you can get. Si-Ne.
Why less people?

Yeah, these questions aren't great.
This response is Si-Ne again. But I mean. No point going too far into it. These questions are not good at all.

Hey, I put my responses in blue.

I'd suggest Si is likely your dominant function, and to be honest there wasn't much else to gauge because the questions are just terrible - there was a hint at Fe in there, so I guess that only leaves SiFe - an ISFJ - as my typing of you.

That said, I'm not confident in that at all, Si is definitely high up - but it might not even be your dominant function, these questions don't pull out much useful information, which makes it hard to type.

It's not perfect, and I haven't typed any of the respondents for a while, because I just feel like I could narrow the questioning down for a new quiz, and I'm wondering whether I use Ne and not Ni, which would change my typing to an ENTP - so it's like.. if I'm not positive of my type.. how can I type others.. but anyway, here's a link to a quiz I made, which seems to be pulling out somewhat useful information from respondents:

I'll try to type you

I think it could be refined to simply 2-3 questions and I'd get all I need to type someone, but yeah, that's where it's at right now, if you're keen.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hey, I put my responses in blue.

I'd suggest Si is likely your dominant function, and to be honest there wasn't much else to gauge because the questions are just terrible - there was a hint at Fe in there, so I guess that only leaves SiFe - an ISFJ - as my typing of you.

That said, I'm not confident in that at all, Si is definitely high up - but it might not even be your dominant function, these questions don't pull out much useful information, which makes it hard to type.

It's not perfect, and I haven't typed any of the respondents for a while, because I just feel like I could narrow the questioning down for a new quiz, and I'm wondering whether I use Ne and not Ni, which would change my typing to an ENTP - so it's like.. if I'm not positive of my type.. how can I type others.. but anyway, here's a link to a quiz I made, which seems to be pulling out somewhat useful information from respondents:

I'll try to type you

I think it could be refined to simply 2-3 questions and I'd get all I need to type someone, but yeah, that's where it's at right now, if you're keen.

Hey, I appreciate the help. And reading your responses has me realizing I definitely do take after or stick to what I know. (Ie, I'd choose a banana because I like them, or something.) Although actually if I chose randomly, I guess I'd be a kiwi... sweet/sour but with that punch, I guess.