• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I am cynical about politics.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Now after sleeping it over I realized that I forgot to throw the key card on the table (which isn't obvious to anyone here). In other words our election law works very differently. In US in order to get a seat in the parliament you basically need to get over 50% of the vote where you got nominated. However here this simply isn't the case and you get the right to enter at only 5%. What is so low that none professional politicians can make it without too many problems if their talk isn't a bag of nonsense. This is exactly how we managed to get to such large number of parties in the parliament. You are competing with dozens of other political parties in some region but that small part of the cake is enough that you get one seat for the region (out of 14 seats for each region). Therefore if you do this in a few regions you got yourself a small political block in the parliament. So when a few small political parties do that it makes some difference in the end, especially in narrative (or if you enter ruling majority, which doesn't really exist without your hands). In other words our system is much better at materializing scattered and minor political opinions. While in US (and UK if I am not mistaken) you will get no where near a seat with that amount of votes. What is probably the main reason why I don't see the politics fundamentally as some people here do. However no one will persuade me that my country or culture do not exists. Even if they perhaps look surreal to some people here.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Well, to be honest I don't care that much about what you think about politicians to pursue this to the end of the earth. I have given if you plenty of examples, anecdote, personal experiences, explanation and if you can't see that as data or meaning I really can't help you understand. I have even told you what to research at the start but you act as you didn't do that. For me you are trapped in your Machiavellian worldview(and culture) and that is just it. The cultural divide is just too big it seems. I don't want to be your enemy but I evidently can't make you understand.
You're not my enemy, and as always I do appreciate your efforts. I was just hoping for something like "this is Paul Someone (insert photo here), member of parliament. He grew up through this and always advocated for that, he worked his way up and accomplished this piece of policy, and then retired from his position instead of accepting bribes." Something along those lines. But no big deal, my world view serves me well and is fine as is.

And don't listen to the TypoC cyber bully brigade, I'm really just trying to communicate respectfully and effectively, not put you or anyone else down.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
You're not my enemy, and as always I do appreciate your efforts. I was just hoping for something like "this is Paul Someone (insert photo here), member of parliament. He grew up through this and always advocated for that, he worked his way up and accomplished this piece of policy, and then retired from his position instead of accepting bribes." Something along those lines. But no big deal, my world view serves me well and is fine as is.

Well, if you scroll back I said that I can give you that. The problem is finding detail proofs of their work translated to English.

Therefore if you need faces we can go there. I will put this in random so that I don't play any favorites. There is plenty of such people but I will name just more "visible" ones. Even if these people are scattered all over the political spectrum.

Therefore for me politics isn't just about personal gains and "interests". However saying that these people are completely selfless is false but you really can't say that all they think about is themselves and profit. The work and results don't really match with that claim .

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Well, if you scroll back I said that I can give you that. The problem is finding detail proofs of their work translated to English. Therefore if you need faces we can go there. I will put this in random so that I don't play any favorites. There is plenty of such people but I will name just more "visible" ones. Even if these people are scattered all over the political spectrum.
Therefore for me politics isn't just about personal gains and "interests". However saying that these people are completely selfless is false but you really can't say that all they think about is themselves and profit. The work and results don't really match with that claim .
Five star post, exactly what I was looking for. Thank you, and well done. I'll be adding it to my database, ruminating on it, and seeing what floats to the top in time.