• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How to deal with negative people in real life and online?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“How can we clean up our newsfeed? It’s such an easy concept. I will willingly listen to both theists and non-theists, republicans and democrats.

State something controversial. If you have outrageous negative commentary, comments, insulting, etc., then you have triggered somebody

What I have found though that anybody who comes from such a blatantly negative position,
there’s not really anything that they have to say which will be constructive.

Simply delete and then block. Don’t engage. I hate saying this, It’s as easy as shooting fish out of a barrel.

I honestly wish there was a way to dialogue with mutual respect and tolerance. Both sides who are outrageously negative and antagonistic whether Democrat or Republican I delete from my seeing them on the newsfeed.” LightSun

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“If you are going to be negative, why say anything at all. What gives people the right to feel they can make negative, disparaging remarks?

Why are people negative, disparaging, belittling, abrasive, adversarial, insulting, name calling, argumentative and use swear words in their replies?

Rhetorical question. Who likes a negative comment about the opinion or choice they made by another person? No one.

For those who are negative and attack a persons opinion or choice , they are ego driven and accomplish nothing.

This is rhetorical, do you really think I’m going to comment on negative PM’s, speech or negative contrarian writing opinions?

They pollute the world with their projections of their own unconscious conflicts, unresolved issues, emotional baggage and psychic wounds. They are the ‘Emperor with no clothes on.’

These unhealed immature people sadly philosophically are projecting their own inner demons.

What they don’t know is they are reacting to an illusion created by their own minds and thus are pollution to other more sane and healed people as well the world we live in.

If it’s not constructive then a person is just projecting their own ego blindly and as well oblivious they are in fact doing it. They perceive reality differently.

That’s okay, but their is no need to be rude about it. All they have to do is state an opinion different without putting the other party down or their opinion.

The problem with this it is useless energy. They won’t change us or our opinion.
When they belittle, they show their own immaturity level.

We will not change them either. Those who engage in this useless expenditure of energy and time show their true colors. It reveals an emotional, spiritual and psychological immaturity.

Did you know when you engage someone who gives a sarcastic, irrational or insulting response to you or one of your posts that you are unknowingly contributing to their behavior?

In the Bible it says the body is the temple. I would add so is the mouth. If what comes out is profane, name calling, belittling, pejoratives

or calling other people names it is a reflection of your inner being irregardless of the external situation or person.

How do you personally respond to a situation like this? You are rewarding bad behavior by giving attention to it. In psychology it’s called negative reinforcement.

In the Bible it says the body is the temple. I would add so is the mouth. If what comes out is profane, name calling, belittling, pejoratives

or calling other people names it is a reflection of your inner being irregardless of the external situation or person.

What is the best and only rational way of dealing with someone who is sarcastic or putting down your position, your posts or your opinion?

Completely ignore them and the statement. Don’t deign to try and defend your position, opinion, choice or give them an explanation for your position.

If they are coming from a contrary position you’re not going to get into a dialogue of mutual respect.

I’ve used the analogy of arguing or explaining yourself to a person coming from a contrary position or clearly being negative is irrational and a useless complete waste of time.

You are triggered and giving them power over you. Their negativity is their reality. How you respond is your reality.

If you engage a person who’s coming to you with negative and contrary energy then both of you are being irrational.

Neither is using active listening skills. Why waste a single second of your time and life responding to negativity?

If you engage people coming from a negative contrarian position you are only protecting your fragile ego.

Just walk away and leave them to themselves and their negative way of living life. To think you can change a neurotic person is only fooling yourself.

In traveling life’s path and hopefully becoming more emotionally, spiritually and psychologically more mature and wise is to know who and when to engage and when not to engage.

Weill you take this vow with me?

As long as people engage those with poor behavior, their behavior will continue unabated. These negative people are pollution on Facebook and in our lives. The only way to extinguish their behavior is simply to ignore them first.

Second block them. Now this is important. By you seeking to correct or explain to a person your point of view, you are contributing to negativity.

I take the oath. I will never respond to a person clearly coming from a negative, antagonistic position.

If you want to make this a better world, then follow me and simply ignore those who exist to be negative. If you can keep this vow, we can make this a better world. How?

If this vow was held by a majority of people, then those who are negative would have no power. We give them power by replying to them.

Those who think they are coming from a more enlightened position or the right position are statistically triggered and protecting their own ego, saving face, etc.

None of this matters to those who bait you. Be cognizant of triggers for they are a test. A test a person can overcome if it one chooses to not engage with those who are clearly coming from a negative position.

(1) Do not think negative thoughts but rather deal with the situation in a rational manner.

(2) Do not communicate with negative energy in words or writing. It shows a reflection of you and not the other.

(3) Do not react in a negatively fashion. Instead take acts accordingly using reason. realistically. Use proper restraint even if negative energy is directed at you.” LightSun

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“I have an internal locus of control. Those who are mature spiritually, emotionally and psychologically take ownership of their own emotions.

Those who project their unfinished business, unresolved conflicts, emotional baggage and psychic wounds unto others and reality by being negative are like pollution.

They don’t even know they are projecting from their unconscious, are irresponsible and blindly lashing out against others.

Even if we disagree with someone does not give us the right to make personal attacks and disparage others personally for their position or opinion.

What’s more those who are more wise know they cannot change another, that it must come from within.

Those who engage others with negative attacks against another person or their opinion are blindly allowing their false ego to do the attack.

For those wiser, they do not take personally personal attacks but know it is reflection of the other and not them. Let them seemingly win the argument for it useless to prove your right, or more enlightened or correct.

Of one comes from an irrational position of attacks they will continue to do this immature behavior and continue to have their egos triggered and continue to attack others.

This instead of having an open mind, having tolerance, showing respect for the other even if their is disagreement.

Their is no mutual dialogue or growth with such a person. Let them be. One who takes responsibility for self, their thoughts, actions and emotions will continue to evolve and grow.

The opposite is true. Those who disparage others and yet offer nothing constructive will continue and die emotionally, psychologically and spiritually bereft.” LightSun