• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hate: How do have hate in your heart? What do you hate?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
"Hate: How do have hate in your heart? What do you hate? Hate many times is caused by Fear, Ignorance and Pain:"

“Do not hate. It is based on ignorance and fear. Rather seek to learn and understand that which you do not understand. Grow. Do not shrink in hatred. Transcend your fears and broaden your horizons. You thus see reality more clearly, fully and more beautifully. Or else stay in your prison self-imposed by your hate, shallow, forlorn and bereft of hope. It is a choice. Choose freedom-not hateful ignorance. That is what hate is, ignorance and pain, both of the worst kind.”

Nomendei

Elegance of chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
"Hate: How do have hate in your heart? What do you hate? Hate many times is caused by Fear, Ignorance and Pain:"

“Do not hate. It is based on ignorance and fear. Rather seek to learn and understand that which you do not understand. Grow. Do not shrink in hatred. Transcend your fears and broaden your horizons. You thus see reality more clearly, fully and more beautifully. Or else stay in your prison self-imposed by your hate, shallow, forlorn and bereft of hope. It is a choice. Choose freedom-not hateful ignorance. That is what hate is, ignorance and pain, both of the worst kind.”

There is an important mistake in your sentence. Hate can be caused by ignorance, yes, but hate doesn’t always involve ignorance. The hater must not be the evildoer. He can be the victim. Hate is an extreme dislike of something or someone, and there are situations where it can’t and shouldn’t be erased. There is always a reason behind hate. Instead of ignorantly claiming that hate is made of ignorance and pain of the worst kind, try to understand why. Why do they hate. What happened to them. What could cause them to extremely detest something or someone. Mister and Misses Lenz hate Ted but are they ignorant?
Or did Ted Bundy beat their eighteen years old daughter with a metal rod broken from the bed frame, which then had been inserted in her vagina damaging her internal organs and making her lose part of her memory and gain brain damages?
I think your intentions are noble but your execution is not at its best, at least in this post.

rav3n

I hate nationalism, white supremacy and supremacists. I don't care if it lowers me.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The only things I would say I truly hate are toxic and degrading people,things, e.t.c.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I hate myself, but that's my method for motivated improvement.

It's not being hard on myself or a pitiable condition, at least it isn't any more, but I have to be vigilant in that hate. Because it's so easy to cause more harm than help and I'm prone to making a situation worse, not better.

My mistakes aren't something to absorb into an integrated past or to be forgotten, but instead to be plastered front row on the big screen; here's what you did & how it caused hurt to others & yourself.

And if you can't learn from that, it's curtains.

Deprecator

I hate when people treat others as if they're less than human, which often occurs when people perceive another as 'racist' or 'morally inferior'. For an example, this teenager doesn't deserve to have his hat stolen or have soda thrown at him, a sentiment that holds true regardless of whatever political candidate he supports.

Similarly, I must also strongly condemn this egregious display of violence as well. The victim is free to hold whatever political beliefs he likes, and if people truly disagree with his views then I think showing kindness and compassion would go a lot further than this blind and belligerent hatred that they feel would justify unprovoked assault. Of course, judging solely by the YT comments I am very much a minority with this view.

In both cases the perpetrator has taken it upon themselves to 'condemn' the victim and deprive them of a basic human right, thus 'dehumanizing' them in the process. To this end, I also strongly disagree that convicted rapists, child abusers or other criminals deserve to get raped or mistreated in prison. Criminals should absolutely be confined when proven to be a danger to others, but I believe that the focus of that confinement period should be about rehabilitation and not about subjecting to them to further abuse that likely played a factor with how they got there to begin with.

Nomendei

Elegance of chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I hate people who are too emotional. It annoys me. The problem is that when two persons have been through the same pain, they both enormously suffer. But the one who can’t control his emotions will receive all the attention and the one who can is ignored. To them I want to say: Billions of people can handle their emotions, why can’t you?

jamain

MBTI Type
IST_

I have my moments, but then rationale usually returns. While there are some people I struggle to like I don't wish harm or bad things happening to anyone. There can be times I have a momentary feeling of pleasure when a bully or criminal gets what they deserve. But then I start questioning my character and feeling bad for finding pleasure in it. It's not that they don't deserve it, but why should I take any satisfaction in the situation?

I'm reminded of a long time member who was banned on a different forum. I have to admit I did not particularly like this person or care for the way they conducted them self on the forum at all, (bullying, trolling, nasty and snarky to anyone who saw things differently than them) but instead of feeling happy when they were banned I was surprised to find that I felt sad for them and those who they counted as friends on the forum.

I think it is fine to hate violence, child abuse, murder, wars, etc.

Rather seek to learn and understand that which you do not understand.
Definitely agree with this!

Transcend your fears and broaden your horizons. You thus see reality more clearly, fully and more beautifully. Or else stay in your prison self-imposed by your hate, shallow, forlorn and bereft of hope. It is a choice. Choose freedom-not hateful ignorance. That is what hate is, ignorance and pain, both of the worst kind.”
It can be hard to face that which we fear, but not doing so robs us of the opportunity to broaden our knowledge. Sometimes we like to stay in our cave and hide from reality.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I agree with the quote but I haven't quite reached that level of self-discipline yet. My goal is to go from hate ---> to disgust----> to disappointment -----> to mere amusement.

Tennessee Jed

MBTI Type
INFP

Negative emotions (hate, anger, frustration) are generally signs that a value we hold dear has been violated in some manner. Positive emotions (love, contentment, happiness) usually indicate that our values are being mirrored and validated by the world or the people around us.

Negative emotions are usually a sign that we need to make a change. Our values aren't in alignment with the environment around us. So we need to either change our values (realize that they're unrealistic and adjust them--and our behavior--accordingly) or change our environment (put up boundaries or create distance between ourselves and toxic people or situations). Or maybe a little of both.

In that sense, times of hate and anger have been some of my most productive times: They have been times of change, creativity, and learning. Usually painful, but also usually much-needed. And sometimes leading to new beginnings and great joy.

The main thing is to get to the bottom of the issue, make a call, take your shot, and then let go of the emotion once you've dealt with the situation the best you can. Dwelling on a negative emotion without making a change (or without even seeing the need for change) is about the only really wrong thing here: That way lies depression, anxiety, neurosis and all that other fun stuff.

Tennessee Jed

MBTI Type
INFP
I hate myself, but that's my method for motivated improvement.

It's not being hard on myself or a pitiable condition, at least it isn't any more, but I have to be vigilant in that hate. Because it's so easy to cause more harm than help and I'm prone to making a situation worse, not better.

My mistakes aren't something to absorb into an integrated past or to be forgotten, but instead to be plastered front row on the big screen; here's what you did & how it caused hurt to others & yourself.

And if you can't learn from that, it's curtains.

I always love your posts, Cellmold. You're like Mole on steroids. But you also make sense (which Mole frequently doesn't).

Amberiat

Infinity
I hate ignorance. And in todays society, especially among the younger people, ignorance is nearly romanticized and they even seem to take pride in it and act like their ignorance is just proof of their "popularity" because they can't "waste their time" educating themselves.

We were supposed to evolve, and instead, we are living in the Golden Age of idiocy, where the most successful people are just incompetent idiots and the truly talented are isolated and attacked by the idiots just because they have bigger numbers.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I hate ignorance. And in todays society, especially among the younger people, ignorance is nearly romanticized and they even seem to take pride in it and act like their ignorance is just proof of their "popularity" because they can't "waste their time" educating themselves.

We were supposed to evolve, and instead, we are living in the Golden Age of idiocy, where the most successful people are just incompetent idiots and the truly talented are isolated and attacked by the idiots just because they have bigger numbers.

Icedream

Absurdus Malum
MBTI Type
ENFJ

To piggyback off of that, I also hate how kindness and happiness is now associated with idiocy, while cruelty and coldness is associated with genius.

rav3n

Idiocracy has come true!

Nomendei

Elegance of chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

I can’t totally agree with you, but you are mostly right. Kids are also often educated to be emotional than to think rationally. And it’s comprehensive. It is easier to let your emotions out thinking to be right than to take on yourself with a logical reasoning.
Have you ever noticed how protagonist are emotional and physically strong, and villains are intelligent? Fascinating.

Nomendei

Elegance of chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I hate hypocrites. Those people with their moral standards, who judge others when they don’t do it better. They put the responsibility of the worlds atrocities upon other. Those who say that rich people are bad because they are rich while others are starving, but haven’t spent a single Dollars to associations. Those who protest about child work in china while buying made in china clothes. I despise them. How they are sure to be saints. Those who criticize other nations to refuse immigrants while setting strict laws about immigration. Or those who condemn a nation who possesses ten nuclear missiles as evil, while pointing thousands towards the rest of the world. I hate them.