• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Forgiveness and Understanding, which is more crucial to healing and moving on with life.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Quote: “Forgiving someone doesn’t mean that their behavior was OK. What it does mean is that we’re ready to move on. To release the heavy weight. To shape our own life, on our terms, without any unnecessary burdens.” Dr. Suzanne Gelb

“It might be a matter of semantics. I used to really like this quote.

I don’t forgive my father. He was a terrible dad. That being said, I’ve healed to the point where I love him. This despite himself.

I know he did the best he could. I don’t judge him, nor do I hold on to any negative feelings. I’ve moved on and healed.

I also don’t forgive Hitler, Stalin and mass murderers, etc. The point is I don’t judge them. I hold these people accountable. This quote says forgiving is not the same as condoning something.

This is where the impasse occurs. I don’t mouth the words forgive. I don’t forgive, yet I don’t judge. I will hold people accountable. I understand. With this understanding, I can let go.

I now say that it is with understanding that one can heal and move on. Those that don’t understand then judge which is a sign of in a dictionary sense, their ignorance.” LightSun

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
We're all literally products of our parents. Plus we are heavily shaped in the first few years of our existence and the experiences that go along with it.
In that respect people's action, even far down the road, will always be a result of that.
That doesn't justify anything, but I always keep that in mind.
Practically every serial killer or child molester I've read about, had a troublesome youth.

edit : this is pretty much common knowledge, but just as easily overlooked.

Last edited:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As corny as it sounds, simple acts of kindness and understanding can truly be revolutionary.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
As corny as it sounds, simple acts of kindness and understanding can truly be revolutionary.
Hello Julius a quote coming from The Dalai Lama.

“Kindness is the key to peace and harmony in family life.” Dalai Lama