• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ESTP 5w4 SX/SP SLE Sanguine

Tachi

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi, new here. I've always thought I was ENTP 7w8 but, after talking with countless people, I've reach the conclusion I'm ESTP 5w4. I still like to hear more opinions as people try to retype me everyday on other social medias. I like hearing real opinions so be critical as you must as this typing feels rather strange and I don't get offended by harsh criticism.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hey welcome to the forum. I'm not saying that it's impossible, but especially 5 core and SLE seem to contradict one another to a large degree. As a withdrawn type, enneagram 5 is especially inclined towards inaction and substituting any action with thought by mechanism, even with sx in the picture. A 4 wing would only intensify this behavior as well as increase disconnection from the real and tangible reality. Se in socionics is characterized by force and action and even in the mbti is described by being catalytic in it's action style as well as impulsive.

A lot of people tend to conflate 5w4 with just being" highly intelligent, creative, and thoughtful," so that could potentially be the issue your running into, though it could also be a lot of other things too. 7 also has a line to 5, so perhaps you've reached a new level of health an unconsciously become more focused? It may be worth considering "neighbor types" like 3w4 (which has the 4 influence as well as is a type that often mistypes as both 5 and 7, especially when soc blind because the image focus comes across differently than typical descriptions) or enneagram 6 (which basically can appear like any of the types in the enneagram, but is specifically a halfway point between the mechanics of 5 and 7). It also could be worth considering LSI and/or ISTP, where that combination is a bit more feasible

Tachi

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey welcome to the forum. I'm not saying that it's impossible, but especially 5 core and SLE seem to contradict one another to a large degree. As a withdrawn type, enneagram 5 is especially inclined towards inaction and substituting any action with thought by mechanism, even with sx in the picture. A 4 wing would only intensify this behavior as well as increase disconnection from the real and tangible reality. Se in socionics is characterized by force and action and even in the mbti is described by being catalytic in it's action style as well as impulsive.

A lot of people tend to conflate 5w4 with just being" highly intelligent, creative, and thoughtful," so that could potentially be the issue your running into, though it could also be a lot of other things too. 7 also has a line to 5, so perhaps you've reached a new level of health an unconsciously become more focused? It may be worth considering "neighbor types" like 3w4 (which has the 4 influence as well as is a type that often mistypes as both 5 and 7, especially when soc blind because the image focus comes across differently than typical descriptions) or enneagram 6 (which basically can appear like any of the types in the enneagram, but is specifically a halfway point between the mechanics of 5 and 7). It also could be worth considering LSI and/or ISTP, where that combination is a bit more feasible

If there is one aspect I'm confident on is that I'm SLE. I'm aware of the type 5w4 stereotypes. I'm not a thrill seeker in the traditional sense (I am probably overly riling on a stereotype) I'm interested in interacting with people and getting there raw opinions on things. I find peoples perspectives gives better wisdom than heavy reading has always been difficult for me in the past because of ADHD (diagnosed). And at the same time of enjoying critical opinions, I give them right back. I often stay indoors unless someone can convince to go out and when they finally get me out I have a great time, lol. Its an issue I'm always working on. 7w6 def are a great match for me because they're very good at getting me to leave the house. (sort of irrelevant to the topic but maybe some insight can come from it.)

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If there is one aspect I'm confident on is that I'm SLE. I'm aware of the type 5w4 stereotypes. I'm not a thrill seeker in the traditional sense (I am probably overly riling on a stereotype) I'm interested in interacting with people and getting there raw opinions on things. I find peoples perspectives gives better wisdom than heavy reading has always been difficult for me in the past because of ADHD (diagnosed). And at the same time of enjoying critical opinions, I give them right back. I often stay indoors unless someone can convince to go out and when they finally get me out I have a great time, lol. Its an issue I'm always working on. 7w6 def are a great match for me because they're very good at getting me to leave the house. (sort of irrelevant to the topic but maybe some insight can come from it.)
Fair. Have you looked into 6w5 at all (although I suppose of all the types, they have some of the most poorly composed and poorly representative descriptions)? What I bolded is actually a very common perspective of this type in particular. 5 and 4 both have a strong tendency towards intellectual arrogance (ie. 5's by nature fear relying and attaching too much to anything, hence tend to become "overly" self trusting and 4s desire to have a discernable and unique form of identity typically combines with this in making a person focused on their unique perspective of the world that, in average levels of health, leads them to believe that they typically see things more clearly or put more effort into looking into things than most people), hence struggle to integrate other's thoughts and ideas because of their focus on creating their own understanding. 6 in particular is more externally oriented, generally looking towards the opinions of others to provide new perspectives and to fact check for personal biases, as 6 is a bit less self trusting at an unconscious level. Taking ADHD into account though, this could just entirely be a learning style thing, it's hard to get to your motivations based on this alone, but if you do tend towards lower energy perhaps you were at least correct to say 7w8 wasn't correct.

Idk, 5 could still be possible, but again in terms of likelihood it's a pretty off combination.

What might help garner more accurate opinions of your type though (if you are still looking for the feedback or the discussion) is either providing a little blerb about yourself describing what motivates you to move through life and perhaps how you go about solve problems, especially as they relate to intrinsic fear, shame, or things that anger you. Questionnaires can be helpful for this and, if you're not a fan of the text approach, videos are also accepted here.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Well, this statement is counter to type 5, ADD or not (in fact, the flavor of ADD associated with type 5 would probably be "inattentive", which would show as disconnection from the outside environment and intense focus on studying subjects of interest):

I find peoples perspectives gives better wisdom than heavy reading has always been difficult for me in the past

Type 5 is basically about a fear of engulfment (especially emotionally) or scarcity (particularly of time and energy). This is way oversimplified, but unless you've been hobbit-ing in your sanctuary, relentlessly studying what captures your focus for years, and on occasion dipping into periods of anxious misdirected scatterbrained-ness, or antagonistic intellectual aggression, all the while making original observations, sometimes of a provocative or taboo nature, then you probably aren't a type 5.

Tachi

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm 31 and, up until recently, I have not had anything I would call a healthy social life.

Tachi

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, but that can be anyone. You have to dig into internal motivations. The why of the what.

True, I rely on stereotype too much. This is why I don't try to type myself anymore. I find being ignored the most triggering thing for me as it means people don't value my insights on things.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
True, I rely on stereotype too much. This is why I don't try to type myself anymore. I find being ignored the most triggering thing for me as it means people don't value my insights on things.

As a 5w4 sx/sp, while I don't like being actively told I'm stupid or foolish, when I'm ignored I typically just shove everyone off and do my own thing because ultimately it's the ideas and their pursuit that matter. If they can't see the truth of something, that's their problem. In fact, it's a problem in reverse -- sometimes I should engage more versus just writing people off as dumb.

Tachi

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As a 5w4 sx/sp, while I don't like being actively told I'm stupid or foolish, when I'm ignored I typically just shove everyone off and do my own thing because ultimately it's the ideas and their pursuit that matter. If they can't see the truth of something, that's their problem. In fact, it's a problem in reverse -- sometimes I should engage more versus just writing people off as dumb.

I move on but it still gets under my skin from time to time. I'm not as bothered when I don't value their opinion and I have rather high standards.